Shows from the past

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

China Girl

Registered Shopper
I was reading in a magazine recently that Kate Middleton's favourite skincare is Karin Herzog,remember when that used to be on qvc? I would like to see that come back on as I didn't try it back then. I also used to like the scentsational you hours with James Craven who was very informative about perfumes.Anyone remember these shows?

I remember Karin Herzog - my DD tried it at the time but didn't rate it. I'm still convinced that the guest presenter was Sam, who did Pupa and now does Gale Hayman.

Karin Herzog went to IW for a short period and then disappeared. Don't think it sold very well, hence it disappeared quickly from both channels.

Jim is totally wonderful man, he works in Les Senteurs part time and also Fortunm and Mason perfumery too. Haven't spoke to him in ages, so he might have retired. The thing with perfume is you need to try it before you buy full bottles. Because of QVC and the 30 day returns not many companies willing to sell on tv.

Property of a Lady was always great for a laugh. I cant even type the name without thinking of David Walliams saying "I'm a lady!" cos it was deffo drag queen stuff.

Tefal - Annette Baker Malpass - where are you now luv?

Zylo Smellkillers - to this day i dont know if they work or not - you can get them in Lakeland.

Molton Brown - Theyve brought Vitamin ABC shower gel back did you know. I just had a shower with Blissfull Templebum "oh the heady nights of expectation" where are you now Jill Goldsmith?

funny that BB I was only talking about Annette the Tefal lady the other day - and didn't her OH also work for Tefal, he came on and did the steam iron demos and stuff...

and what about Wayne Zircon (?) and his Wish Pearls!

What about the guy who lost loads of weight using meal supplement bars-can't remember his name. I think his dad was one of QVC's founders.

I remember Karin Herzog - my DD tried it at the time but didn't rate it. I'm still convinced that the guest presenter was Sam, who did Pupa and now does Gale Hayman.

Yes I remember her presenting KH too :nod:

:sun:

I used to love the Tova skin and haircare hours - funny how all the Hollywood A-listers used to use the products due the miraculous results they got from them but now they're no longer available. :giggle:

I used to love the Mojave magic/makeup or something like that. The guy presenting was a little cute and I did actually like some of the make up very much

I bought the Karin Herzog eye cream...not impressed, it was promptly returned. Then got a call from CS asking what I thought of it, seems they were doing a survey and soon after KH products were never seen again on QVC :smirk:

I loved the Tova make up range, have the remnants of her eye shadow pallet, so much for disposing of make up after a few months :wink:, have had this for years. Didn't like her cleanser/ toner much or those soap bars, think they container lanolin or something that AY always had a hissy fit over as an ingredient.

daydreamer

Yes I remember her presenting KH too :nod:

thank you pinkmoon..was it definitely Sam who did it..nobody's been able to confirm it before, but I'm convinced it was her... yet they won't let Lorraine Winslade back with her range now she doesn't work for SBC as they say they don't do that - Sam's living proof that they do as she's done more than one range..

When KH went to IW it was an older woman doing the shows. There used to be another shopping channel on Debbie Flint was on it and they did KH for awhile and Cosmetics a la Carte(I bought a kit from them).

The weight loss guy was done for fraud over the stuff he sold. I remember AY eating the toffees like mad.

Julie Cichocki was the presenter for the Karin Herzog range as she is the UK MD for them. I remember her bringing on the machine which measures oxygen levels in the skin after using the creams, she did go to IW for a spell. The range is still very much available in salons and remember IW replacing it with P8N8 (another oxygen range). I got on ok with both ranges after buying a couple of products from a beauty trade exhibition.

More info: http://www.karinherzog.us/Docs/Julie-Cichocki-Bio-(0210).pdf

:flower:

thank you pinkmoon..was it definitely Sam who did it..nobody's been able to confirm it before, but I'm convinced it was her... yet they won't let Lorraine Winslade back with her range now she doesn't work for SBC as they say they don't do that - Sam's living proof that they do as she's done more than one range..

Yes, most definitely :nod:

I liked watching Lorraine too :happy:

It's a shame they wont let her back (unless it was her decision to go to IW).

Yes, most definitely :nod:

I liked watching Lorraine too :happy:

It's a shame they wont let her back (unless it was her decision to go to IW).

thanks pinkmoon, I'm glad someone agrees with me! I remember her checking model Jo Skinner with her machine and asking how many ciggies she'd had that day - Jo looked mortified and said she didn't smoke - Julia looked aghast and said "oh Jo you promised me you'd stopped smoking.." - I reckon Jo only didn't smoke when she was with Julia...Julia called Jo her bestest friend in all the world at that time, but then I believe there was a falling out and Jo got dumped.

As to Lorraine, I read some of her blog and it seems they told her she couldn't go onto QVC with a different product as she used to do SBC - seems a bit odd to me, they must've bent the rules a bit for Sam!

I used to love Mohave Magic - still using the brushes from thais range - loved the universal blusher, so natural (at least for me).

I miss Molton Brown and Philosophy. I know we still have Philosophy but I can't watch Robin. I miss Lee.

Latest posts

Back