Seriously ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wash everything before use. I know, everybody thinks I'm nuts. But I like to make sure there's no trace of any chemicals used in the manufacturing process. Like LATI, I suspect it might have something to do with shedding. Hopefully not of the sparkles!

Clothes for babies, underwear & night clothes for older children & adults. I also put very dark jeans, that may transfer dye, through a rinse cycle but that's it. I agree that it's probably because of possible shedding & this should have been explained during the presentation. Tut tut QVC.

I read an article a while ago which said all new clothes should be washed before wearing because not only are there chemicals in the dye but the clothes are also impregnated with chemicals to stop moths or other insects lodging in them whilst being stored in a warehouse or shop.

My wardrobe has a decidedly Hoppen-esque colour pallette: black, white and grey. Then I don't have to worry about déteinte. I do possess a bright red flat cap that I wear at work, however I have never needed to wash it - which is probably just as well for I'm sure it'd turn everything pink.

I use to work in the clothing industry...mainly as a buyer for womens clothing. I visited a LOT of factories around the U.K Trust me...wash everything before you first wear it!!!

I read an article a while ago which said all new clothes should be washed before wearing because not only are there chemicals in the dye but the clothes are also impregnated with chemicals to stop moths or other insects lodging in them whilst being stored in a warehouse or shop.

Her prints are so garish they are enough to put off any insect or moth thinking of taking up residence :cheeky:

Last edited:
Rats and dust?

Not quite as bad as rats. But all sorts of dirt and chemicals. Some factories used something so bad that it felt like I'd had pepper spray squirted in my eyes. How the workers managed I'll never know. But hygiene was low on the list of things to keep on top of.

Always best to wash stuff first.

I wash everything before use. I know, everybody thinks I'm nuts. But I like to make sure there's no trace of any chemicals used in the manufacturing process. Like LATI, I suspect it might have something to do with shedding. Hopefully not of the sparkles!

Once I know I will keep an item of clothing I always wash, same with towels and bedding. You're not the only one.

I don’t do it with clothes but certainly with towels and bedclothes. Some clothes are crap after the first wash when the “dressing “ has gone!

Latest posts

Back