Selling limited numbers hmm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Baileysbonkers

Registered Shopper
I bought a jadeite calved pendant from Gemporia of a tigress on a rock earlier this year and yes I did have to endure Mr Troths spiel. Anyway, it took ages to arrive, to be honest I forgot about it and found one on Etsy. They arrived the same day. I opened the Gemporia one first, the carving wasn’t great, then I opened the Etsy one, bearing in mind it was less than quarter of the price, although not jadeite. Same carving, huh, I was always led to believe that the carvings were limited quantities, so here I was looking at an identical scene, the carving was superior. I contacted Dave Troth for his comment supplied pictures of both carvings as the Etsy pendant was supplied from China. No reply. I returned the jadeite pendant to Gemporia and never bought from them again. So now I believe limited quantities are for Gemporia customers only, the rest of the market can buy as many as they wish. What a massive con.

I bought a jadeite calved pendant from Gemporia of a tigress on a rock earlier this year and yes I did have to endure Mr Troths spiel. Anyway, it took ages to arrive, to be honest I forgot about it and found one on Etsy. They arrived the same day. I opened the Gemporia one first, the carving wasn’t great, then I opened the Etsy one, bearing in mind it was less than quarter of the price, although not jadeite. Same carving, huh, I was always led to believe that the carvings were limited quantities, so here I was looking at an identical scene, the carving was superior. I contacted Dave Troth for his comment supplied pictures of both carvings as the Etsy pendant was supplied from China. No reply. I returned the jadeite pendant to Gemporia and never bought from them again. So now I believe limited quantities are for Gemporia customers only, the rest of the market can buy as many as they wish. What a massive con.
Can that be reported? And, as usual, my memory is terrible, but it makes you wonder if what I said 'somewhere' on this Gemporia forum, regarding mass produced 'resin' like carvings: they seem so generic.

Yep, he (and Gemporia in general) like to suggest that their pieces are bespoke and 'limited' - but a few of us have spotted identical items elsewhere.

Someone on here found an identical (in stone AND carving) piece to what Troth was selling for about a fraction of the price.

Some of the Kimbie range can be bought from Temu for a fraction of the price too. The only difference is the packaging/branding. Sometimes there are slight differences - for example, Gemporia were selling a pair of slippers that were available on Temu for about £4. The only difference with Gemporia's is that they've stitched a pearl onto each slipper to give them a bit of 'exclusivity'.

I'm surprised Troth just ignored you. He's blocked me in the past for pulling him up on something - and others have reported that he's blocked them too.

It seems that they really don't like being challenged or held to account.

Latest posts

Back