Screeching presenters on the Orla Kiely hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Two awful hens screeching with faux excitement at a few kitschy Orla Kiely bags. Oh look, another geometric leaf print. Yawny, yawny yawn! Oooooh look at the cats! So f***ing WHAT! BIG DEAL! All her designs look like slightly pyschedelic.

I think you might be overdoing the QVC watching today, Julius. You'll save yourself high blood pressure by switching off/over.

Oh yes indeedy - totally agree with you. I have never understood what has been deemed so artistic or special about that range in my life - just shows you can make money from tat.

Clearly paying for the name. I couldn't believe that a bag costing £135 was not leather, but looked like plastic coated fabric, although I heard it had 'leather trims'. Insane.

Also the two presenters were like a couple of kids, and not in the least professional. I've decided that lithpy Katy Pullinger has the middle name of 'UM', it was ummmmm this and ummmmm that, in every sentence, so clearly hadn't boned up on her products. And as for the wide eyed 'stylist' (number 134) she was acting like a parrot on speed. Utter rubbish.

Clearly paying for the name. I couldn't believe that a bag costing £135 was not leather, but looked like plastic coated fabric, although I heard it had 'leather trims'. Insane.

Also the two presenters were like a couple of kids, and not in the least professional. I've decided that lithpy Katy Pullinger has the middle name of 'UM', it was ummmmm this and ummmmm that, in every sentence, so clearly hadn't boned up on her products. And as for the wide eyed 'stylist' (number 134) she was acting like a parrot on speed. Utter rubbish.

Oh I agree, KP and the ummm ummm and the way sheeee talks with her worddds so longgggg it makes meeee want to chew myyyy ownnnn arm off. So much so for my own sanity, if I hop on and it's her, I hop straight back off. As for those bags, I'd never even heard of Orla Kiely so my opinion of paying hundreds for plastic coated bags for a name not many people have heard of is, how does that saying go? oh yes, a fool and their money are soon parted.

Two awful hens screeching with faux excitement at a few kitschy Orla Kiely bags. Oh look, another geometric leaf print. Yawny, yawny yawn! Oooooh look at the cats! So f***ing WHAT! BIG DEAL! All her designs look like slightly pyschedelic.
So eloquently put Julius. I think quite a few of us agree with you.

There's a stall in Chelmsford market that's been selling Cath Kidston lookee -likee oilcloth shoulder bags for a couple of years for around £20. We all know what they are but they are good enough quality for anyone apart from real CK fans. The stall holder makes no claims and there's no dodgy branding on them.

Hopefully 'Orla Kiely' bags will appear on the stall in due course for a similar price.

Oh I agree, KP and the ummm ummm and the way sheeee talks with her worddds so longgggg it makes meeee want to chew myyyy ownnnn arm off. So much so for my own sanity, if I hop on and it's her, I hop straight back off. As for those bags, I'd never even heard of Orla Kiely so my opinion of paying hundreds for plastic coated bags for a name not many people have heard of is, how does that saying go? oh yes, a fool and their money are soon parted.

Yes shoppy, and I'm wondering if the long drawn out vocabulary is because she is listening to instructions through her earpiece. She's ok when spouting how to pay and the relevant buying options, but then the ummmmmmms and ummmmmmmms begin !

Yes shoppy, and I'm wondering if the long drawn out vocabulary is because she is listening to instructions through her earpiece. She's ok when spouting how to pay and the relevant buying options, but then the ummmmmmms and ummmmmmmms begin !

Yeah, could be but oh my gawd b! It's sooooooooooooo annoying!! :mysmilie_13: :mysmilie_3::mysmilie_17:

She is even more annoying than Jill Franks, and that's saying something, just can't watch her.

There's a stall in Chelmsford market that's been selling Cath Kidston lookee -likee oilcloth shoulder bags for a couple of years for around £20. We all know what they are but they are good enough quality for anyone apart from real CK fans. The stall holder makes no claims and there's no dodgy branding on them.

Hopefully 'Orla Kiely' bags will appear on the stall in due course for a similar price.

Yep, I think they are shipping in the "Lorna Likey" bags right now from China.

China make Kipling bags too, they also do a Kipling looky likey bag that they sell on Amazon, virtually identical exept for the name, and of course price.

Debbie Flint does this as well.

Latest posts

Back