school bag almost sixty pound Jill Franks!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kipling is not a brand to show off in our house. We bought in black so it looks like any other school bag and removed monkeys. It was bought for practical reasons only. As well as being strong, long lasting and organised it sits really well on his back which is especially important now he carrys around a lot of weight. As for losing it, as it is with him all day that's not an issue. My older sons had PE kit bags stolen with expensive kit in but only because they had a seperate bag for PE kit and left it lying around.

Shame you didn't buy off Amazon, they do bags that are exactly the same as Kipling, only difference being the name and price. The Zip and nylon is the same and range from different prices £10-20 depending on style free p&p. I only mention it because you say you remove the monkey.

I'm just editing to say, they're made by the same company in China that make Kipling bags, but they're not allowed to call them Kipling because that's a brand name, if you look though you'll see they're actually the same. I've have both bags from Amazon and they're very much the same, one cost me £11.50 the other £49.50 because it was called Kipling.

Last edited:
I only went as far as a SuperDry backpack for my son, which was£35 and very popular at his school. He is getting his third year out if it and it's perfect size and still looks very good- so a bit if a bargain , really!

Mixed feelings on this one, I too have spent a lot on school bags for my kids through the years, because I think it was a nice things to do. I haven't purchased Kipling for them though I did seriously contemplate it once. A neighbours daughter is 13 and uses a very expensive Kipling for school, it's gorgeous and I like it because I am a Kipling fan. But there are negatives to this best bag lark it as my eldest has had first hand effects. Think I mentioned years ago on here, a new friend, getting on famously and this friend told DD she should buy a Jane Norman bag, so I went in the shop, saw the prices and said the most I can afford is the carrier! Needless to say, they didn't stay friends as my DD wasn't good enough, shallow and true. I told my daughter, you have nothing to worry about, I'd rather you weren't friends with a snob like that. She was 14 at the time!

i see a lot of chlidren with kipling bags for school. my nieces have always had them. usually they get them from amazon. both my nieces have the marie froncoise bag and they are many years old and still being used. you could buy one bag from amazon and have it for 7 years and then some vfm imo

She never ceases to amaze with what she says. She suggests a Kipling bag costing almost sixty pounds is ideal as a school bag. Maybe where she went to school with her ballet and tap shoes she said she carried but apart from the fact a lot of schools have standard bags it would either get stolen or lost and wouldn't fit many books etc in.

She lives on another planet

My son has had a Nike backpack for the last 4 years bought for £10 from Sports Direct. Spending £60 on a school bag is over the top especially with fashion conscious girls who like to swap and change with the lastest styles, Having to buy £60 bags is going to be very expensive over the years.

I think most teenage boys would rather have a Nike backpack tbh lol

Shame you didn't buy off Amazon, they do bags that are exactly the same as Kipling, only difference being the name and price. The Zip and nylon is the same and range from different prices £10-20 depending on style free p&p. I only mention it because you say you remove the monkey.

I'm just editing to say, they're made by the same company in China that make Kipling bags, but they're not allowed to call them Kipling because that's a brand name, if you look though you'll see they're actually the same. I've have both bags from Amazon and they're very much the same, one cost me £11.50 the other £49.50 because it was called Kipling.

There's a shop in Liverpool City Centre that sells the monkies, some collectors items.

Jill Franks strikes me as very much a 'lady who lunches' 'stepford wife' type of person, in that she like the expensive and lives in that 'bubble'. To be fair to her though she has never had children (as I haven't, but being a 'dole bludger' I know what it is like to be in the 'underclass'), but even so surely she is not totally immune to costings I mean surely one of the ubiquitous 'girlfriends' that she is forever going on about must have at least one child between them, though saying that if she is living in the 'ladies that lunch bubble' maybe £60 for a bag is merely 'sofa change'. I know it all sorts watch QVC, but the vast majority will be 'average', thus deeming £60 as expensive.
Sorry rant over, until the next topic!

Jill Franks strikes me as very much a 'lady who lunches' 'stepford wife' type of person, in that she like the expensive and lives in that 'bubble'. To be fair to her though she has never had children (as I haven't, but being a 'dole bludger' I know what it is like to be in the 'underclass'), but even so surely she is not totally immune to costings I mean surely one of the ubiquitous 'girlfriends' that she is forever going on about must have at least one child between them, though saying that if she is living in the 'ladies that lunch bubble' maybe £60 for a bag is merely 'sofa change'. I know it all sorts watch QVC, but the vast majority will be 'average', thus deeming £60 as expensive.
Sorry rant over, until the next topic!

I think I have mentioned this before but I am sure I heard her say she had son, may be wrong.

She's always referred to her bulldogs as "her boys" - I'm sure she still calls Mr Bojangles her boy, even though Scruncher is sadly still on the missing list!

Somehow I can never really put doggy mess (all types) and JF together. She talks about walking them I just can't imagine her picking up doggy poo or getting hairs on her clothes. Unless she just leaves it (surely not), she makes them wear dog nappies(wouldn't put it past her) or the wonderful Larry follows with the designer poo bags (that's my choice).

No one is doubting the quality, it's the fact that it won't actually last the child five minutes will it if it gets stolen.

well i can only speak from personal experience but my kids didn't go to school with thieves... nothing was ever stolen.

Somehow I can never really put doggy mess (all types) and JF together. She talks about walking them I just can't imagine her picking up doggy poo or getting hairs on her clothes. Unless she just leaves it (surely not), she makes them wear dog nappies(wouldn't put it past her) or the wonderful Larry follows with the designer poo bags (that's my choice).

I think if you really love someone, or your family pets, probably you will think nothing of doing whatever they need to be happy and comfortable, and perhaps there's a pink diamanté covered pooper-scooper in there somewhere!

I think if you really love someone, or your family pets, probably you will think nothing of doing whatever they need to be happy and comfortable, and perhaps there's a pink diamanté covered pooper-scooper in there somewhere!

Totally agree normal people have no problems but this is Princess Jill we are talking about!

i am sure jill franks picks up her dogs poo why wouldn't she

Because she is a woman who can't pick up a piece of normal food without having a canary - have you watched her on any food related shows? She can't bear to have any nail polish other than her beloved PS shade on her fingers " for more than a few seconds" (her words, not mine) and an all round Diva.

Did you not see the word "if"? So no need to be facetious.

wasn't being facetious actually... was stating MY opinion, it just happens to be different to yours. maybe where you live there is more crime like that in schools, here with me there isn't...

wasn't being facetious actually... was stating MY opinion, it just happens to be different to yours. maybe where you live there is more crime like that in schools, here with me there isn't...

Actually there isn't, again hence the word "IF" it gets stolen....."IF"

Latest posts

Back