Scholl Sandals - How embarrassing!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I did not see the scholl show, but my first trip abroad (way back when) I bought my first pair of scholls, I wore them for a walk about and came back to the hotel carrying the scholls and my feet in a terrible state... I never wore or tried to wear them again...I never did take new shoes/sandals abroad again....

Oooooo.....my cousins in London were punch card operators and they earned mega bucks for doing it! More than their dad who worked at Covent Garden Market.....

Young girls earning more than a grown man?????

Twas considered scandalous! :rock:

I remember the summer of 76, me and my dear old mum wearing our scholls down a winding staircase in an underground station, Covent Garden I think....

Round and round we went, down and down, clank, clank clank........the noise was dreadful!!

Happy memory, havent thought of that in years :clapping:

I only saw a couple of minutes of show.

Jill asked what the guest did for Scholl and she said something along the lines of......

Well I come to QVC with them.

No SH*T SHERLOCK????? :envy:

I used to wear the wooden scholls in the early 70's they lasted for years but they did make a lot of noise and then they done leather ones which I wore as well they were a lot lighter and quieter.

I can remember being hit in the eye by a scholl sandal when I was a child, someone was messing around and it shot off their foot into my face, it really really hurt!!

I was born in the summer of '76 and mum was only just recently telling me about how she used to wear her leather Scholl sandals. She practically lived in them and was likened to Barbara from the Good Life! Mum also had a pair of slippers she loved. Sadly, later that year, our dog decided he had a shoe fetish and actually ate them during the night. All that was left was a pom pom from the top! Clearly I don't remember any of this myself but I've been told about boiling in my pram and not being able to go out, and then being besieged by ladybirds!

Mum's just said "ah happy memories" :)

Oh Moth I was 17 that year and had a job interview! Horrendous! Everybody was dripping and the ladybirds, you had to brush them up and the windscreen wipers struggled. Never mind the divebombing. Nightmare stuff.

I was born in the summer of '76 and mum was only just recently telling me about how she used to wear her leather Scholl sandals. She practically lived in them and was likened to Barbara from the Good Life! Mum also had a pair of slippers she loved. Sadly, later that year, our dog decided he had a shoe fetish and actually ate them during the night. All that was left was a pom pom from the top! Clearly I don't remember any of this myself but I've been told about boiling in my pram and not being able to go out, and then being besieged by ladybirds!

Mum's just said "ah happy memories" :)

Oh Moth I was 17 that year and had a job interview! Horrendous! Everybody was dripping and the ladybirds, you had to brush them up and the windscreen wipers struggled. Never mind the divebombing. Nightmare stuff.

Gawd, am I feeling older or what... I remember that ladybird plague - they were everywhere. I was 11 and getting on my mum's nerves because I kept tip-toeing around and constantly looking down at the ladybirds trying not to step on any. They were bloomin' everywhere!

I was 3, don't remember the heat or the ladybirds, but my mum still talks about it. Why were there so many ladybirds by the way? Could it happen again?

This has all brought back memories....the ladybirds,the heat etc. the newspapers had pictures of eggs frying on the pavement. I wore scholl sandals back then and thought they were great.

why can't I remember the ladybirds. I was early thirties and had 3 boys. I remember the parched lawn and using the bath water to water the runner beans. We had booked to go to the south of France in a caravan for three weeks - which was brilliant. But what a year to go when the weather was so good at home. Then at the end of August just before the boys went back to school we took the caraven down to Devon or Cornwall and the weather broke and we had the wettist holiday ever. Except for two weeks in Hastings when it rained every single day. At least our youngest learnt to swim at the local baths. We had an awning on the side of the caravan and had to lash it to the car so that it didn't blow away but not once did we thing oh! b****r this let's go home. It was our summer holiday and we were going to enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back