Scented Shrubs TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Could that post be removed?? Whilst Autumn doesn't object I think it should be against forum policy to knowingly reveal the identity of a member.

People would be better off ordering direct from a mail order nursery if they can't get to one rather than buying plants from QVC. Better quality, cheaper & capped p&p.

Thanks everyone its nice to know people on here care and look out for each other x :)

People would be better off ordering direct from a mail order nursery if they can't get to one rather than buying plants from QVC. Better quality, cheaper & capped p&p.

Don't know if anyone remembers the "hardy" hibiscus TSV several years ago? RJ assured us that they would grow in our climate so, sucked in,I ordered them. When they arrived they were like sticks and 6 months later after a lot of tlc they were still sticks! Needless to say, I complained and got my money back. Since then, I have never believed anything That comes out of RJ's mouth nor have I ordered any plants.

Don't know if anyone remembers the "hardy" hibiscus TSV several years ago? RJ assured us that they would grow in our climate so, sucked in,I ordered them. When they arrived they were like sticks and 6 months later after a lot of tlc they were still sticks! Needless to say, I complained and got my money back. Since then, I have never believed anything That comes out of RJ's mouth nor have I ordered any plants.

Yes i remember the hibiscus as i was gonna order it, im glad i didnt now, instead got one from my local garden centre. Last year i did order the climbing petunias ( cant remember the fancy name for them), i was soo disappointed with them tbh as there were more like just normal trailing petunias as they didnt climb more than 2 foot tall and were very straggly and didn't flower that much , even thou they were fed with flower power, RJ had said they would grow up to six foot and cover walls, so this year i wont be buying any plants from them. Btw did anyone but the wisteria tsv last year? hows that coming along? i was tempted by that also lol

Friend of mine got the hibiscus plants last year and gave me one of them looked like 3 sticks about 18inches high came into leaf late on last year and have grown another 8inches at this rate should see some flowers in 3 or 4years time,dont use RJ's plant food it's outrageously priced.

I think a lot depends on where you live tbh. I bought the wisteria x2 from QVC a couple of years ago. Mine's dead, but my mum took the other one (she lives 100 miles south of me) and hers is great. I also have tried to grow hibiscus for years with absolutely no success. Too cold, too wet and too grey. Saying that, the bulbs that I planted last year from de Jager (bought from QVC) are all coming up great guns and look very healthy so we shall see. I also bought oriental poppies last year or the year before and they were glorious. I think more should be made of what kind of weather you mostly have and whether plants on sale will be suitable instead of just saying "easy to grow" for everything.

Richard's plant food is expensive but for me it works. Things actually grow really well when I use it lol. I had so many raspberries last year I was giving the jam away.

CC

I've bought about five different types of unusually coloured bulbs and plants from Q and none of them turned out as advertised. They all survived but were never the expected colours eg the Breast Cancer Care pink daffs - as the money was for such a good cause I bought several packs and gave some to friends but they weren't remotely pink and it wouldn't have been appropriate to complain.

I objected to someone deciding to reveal someone's real name who MAY not have wanted this done on an open forum, and what gave them the right to do that anyway?

Absolutely agree with you Strato it's an infringement of your privacy and could cause you all sorts of problems - that was the point of my post too

Latest posts

Back