SBC and ABC Warning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gets confusing because not all alcohol in skincare is drying. Some are actually moisturing!

However, the SBC gels I have had are Alcohol Denat which is the drying kind. Still won't bother everyone though and is simply there as a way of delivering the skincare I believe. It evaporates really quickly so doesn't actually sit on the skin - all depends on your sensitivity but no problem for me.

complex plant alcohol
includes cicutoxin, oenanthotoxin, tremetol, all toxic, causing heavy mortalities and signs including incoordination, tremor, convulsions, vomiting.

oh well that's ok then!!

omg :11::11:

I think i'd rather have a bath in gin than put plant alcohol on my face!!

Anything you put on your skin can be absorbed a little into the bloodstream. If this weren't the case, aromatherapy wouldn't work.
So you do have to be careful, because whatever goes on your skin could come into contact with all of the organs of the body.

I'm no expert, but I have done some aromatherapy and some oils can have a negative effect with some people. Those oils are only ever suspended in a carrier oil and massaged - not ingested directly. Makes you think though doesn't it? :33:

I have fairly dry skin but I've always got on quite well with the SBC gels, particularly when I'm in a hurry, I don't have to wait for them to sink in like a body lotion/cream.

My ex has the most sensetive skin I have ever seen and SBC aloe vera is one of the few things that has ever helped him,so I'm surprised about all this.

Saw AY the other day, having not seen her for ages, and she looked really different. Not just her haircut being shorter she just looked different over all, has she put weight on or been poorly and where has her neck gone? Perhaps it was just the angle she was sitting at but she looked like a head on shoulders, no neck.

IW used to sell a range quite like SBC but no alcohol in it. Cannot remember the name and its seems to have disappeared from there. Nature something?

I've never had a problem with SBC but never used it on my face either.

IW used to sell a range quite like SBC but no alcohol in it. Cannot remember the name and its seems to have disappeared from there. Nature something?

I've never had a problem with SBC but never used it on my face either.

it was bentley lads that did all natural versions of arnica etc, very watery gels but quite nice - they sold them on ideal world ages ago

http://www.bentleylabs.co.uk/products/Body-Contour-Collagen-Body-Balm-%2d-Step-3.html

http://www.bentleylabs.co.uk/categories/Natural-Therapy/

#35 Now that does look nice Marzy, I'm a bit tempted by that I think! :)
(I take it from those ingredients it's not remotely drying?) :)

It's true!

Saw AY the other day, having not seen her for ages, and she looked really different. Not just her haircut being shorter she just looked different over all, has she put weight on or been poorly and where has her neck gone? Perhaps it was just the angle she was sitting at but she looked like a head on shoulders, no neck.

Well spotted - she doesn't have a neck. She is a shiny talking head - or maybe she got it shortened so it wouldn't wrinkle just like she doesn't smile in case of creases. What a nutter.

i love the loccitane shower gels and use them but i think it makes my hands hot and abit sore. i might have 2 use liz earle ones but they dont smell as nice! maybe bit of both!

They dried my skin, too. I couldn't believe that showering a few times with it could have made such an impact! It took me weeks to repair the damage!!

I was so disappointed to find that their foot cream contained paraffin that I gave the brand up completely. I stupidly thought I was paying a premium for their *natural* ingredients when I should have just stuck to my Vaseline! Not that I'm adverse to good old Vaseline, I'm actually a huge fan, but in my early QVC days, AY made such a fuss about how good for the skin L'Occitane was that I got sucked in.

Latest posts

Back