Saturday/Sunday gift shows - such a different atmosphere

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DebraJane

Registered Shopper
I love the Saturday/Sunday night gift shows as they are so entertaining to watch - with the obvious exception of the short burst of the hard sell/wagging finger which Q seemed to have now stopped. The atmosphere is so much more relaxed than the usual shows and now the guests are really entering into the banter.
Anna seems to be benefiting from it as her confidence is high.

Need to get Alexis to crack a smile now though as she's letting the side down.

I only saw the Saturday night gift show for the 1st time yesterday but it did seem to be a bit more relaxed and fun, almost like the early days of Q. I like that they are doing a mix of different products too as I miss so much as I don't always want to sit through a full hour on the same products.

That bloke with the Steepletone dock thing needs to slow down a bit! He was practically incoherent!

from the 5th of Jan there is goin to be a new anything goes show which is goin to be a very similar format to this

i noticed when debbie mentioned that yesterday she said "tell us if you like this sort of show format" and asked people to tweet her and dale with their opinions. maybe they do actually want to know what we think!

Last night was the first time Id really watched this show and I hadnt seen Anna for a while. She was a pleasure to watch and has improved greatly. A welcome change from Jill who seems to have been on every beauty and make up show I have wanted to see recently, no doubt covering for AY.

My Saturday Night Gift Highlight, had to be the Saturday when it was the Dale and John Barrowman show, the way he immuendoed (or however you spell it) with Dale, poor Dale having to loosen his shirt, and he just played along with John, who said some suggestive things didn't he.

That night it felt like John B became a presenter for the night, giving out item numbers, and giving over other details, and of course that show ended with the unsuccessful link to America where Debbie Flint, was meant to tell us about the following Saturday, but of course it all went terribly wrong.

Going back to Anna, hope this isn't criticial, but she seems the kinda girl, who ideally, needs a more experienced presenter to maybe bounce back on, she seems a very friendly person, maybe a bit shy, and not confident on doing the big shows on her own, I Know a lot of the shows cant be done doublehanded, but maybe if they are gonna do like a doublehanded sell everything, kinda show once a week, maybe make her the permanent presenter, and maybe added an experienced presenter with her.

Dale, Juilan, Charlie, Debbie F, if it came to a push, I think would be good pairings.

I know Juila is the most experienced, but she would try to make it into her show.

I agree with bauble and I thought dale was very relaxed too.....but I quite like him as a presenter anyway.I don't tend to watch the saturday shows as I'm to into strictly and x factor.

I've really been enjoying the shows with Dale but I think he works better on his own with the guests. Debbie spoils things, IMO, and brings too much of her hard sell to it. I know that's what they're there for but it's just so much more relaxed without her. It's one of the very few shows that are worth looking forward to. They also need to avoid too much of the high priced items too.

I think its another ploy, to make us relax and buy more. All this family feeling, Dale bringing his dog in,
and the cocktails, i think it makes some people, who are maybe not so savvy feel that they really
belong and QVC care about them etc etc . I think sales are down, TSV'S not selling out, and they
have probably found these programmes on a Saturday night have been a hit, so they're going to
monopolise and bring more. I think John B was good fun and probably went over the level they would
have liked with his "digs" at Dale, but you can't control him, i think. Anyway i'm probably being too
cynical, but it seems more like a Saturday night tele show than a shopping channel. Maybe they should
try and see where they're going wrong with the big name TSV'S not selling out and why. Realise
people are getting fed up paying big post and packing prices, and higher priced TSV'S and stop
concentrating on Saturday night shows, and start giving us realistic prices and capped p & p IMO

We are in the middle of a serious recession and a lot of people and now realise that if they do not have the money to buy these unessential items that they should no longer borrow the money. I slurged quite a lot on qvc this year as I had a tax rebate but it turned out that I made a mistake on my tax form so they have taken it all back and charged me interest on the amount outstanding. Luckily I earn enough to pay back the extra tax a and also to support my QVC extravagance. QVC are sharing an ever diminishing pot of money with many other providers of luxury items.
I haven't had a pay rise for 2 years but I consider myself lucky to still have a job

I think its another ploy, to make us relax and buy more. All this family feeling, Dale bringing his dog in,
and the cocktails, i think it makes some people, who are maybe not so savvy feel that they really
belong and QVC care about them etc etc . I think sales are down, TSV'S not selling out, and they
have probably found these programmes on a Saturday night have been a hit, so they're going to
monopolise and bring more. I think John B was good fun and probably went over the level they would
have liked with his "digs" at Dale, but you can't control him, i think. Anyway i'm probably being too
cynical, but it seems more like a Saturday night tele show than a shopping channel. Maybe they should
try and see where they're going wrong with the big name TSV'S not selling out and why. Realise
people are getting fed up paying big post and packing prices, and higher priced TSV'S and stop
concentrating on Saturday night shows, and start giving us realistic prices and capped p & p IMO

I think you are spot on Barbs! Well put.
I admit I did not watch the whole caboodle, but what I did see came across as totally false.

I watched Dale the other day, and thought it was a "soft hard sell".

He was not shouty, of course, but kept interrupting himself with statements like "it's selling very fast, if you want one, order it now" and lots of similar statements.

off topic

Minim - nice to see that you are back! :heart: MissMeg forgiven you yet?

I totally agree, i found it forced and false,like they were trying too hard too appear friendly. At least on the normal programmes you are aware that they are constantly selling to you, this was the just the wolf in sheeps clothing.
They can bring on the dogs,children or uncle tom cobbly it wont fool me. Cynic moi

Minim - nice to see that you are back! :heart: MissMeg forgiven you yet?

Thank you Snarly.
I have the power to open sachets of cat food so yes, I'm forgiven lol.
I see that you are now a VIP. Love the bear.

Latest posts

Back