Sarah Chapman Eye Recovery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
After ordering and using the Discovery Kit for a couple of weeks now (Jabba's fault! :3:) and loving the results I decided to go ahead and try the Eye Recovery. It arrived early Saturday morning and I've now used it four times but this morning my eyes feel puffy and watery so perhaps it's not for me. I've only applied the tiniest amount as recommended and patted it gently but I've decided to give it a miss today in the hope they'll feel more comfortable.

Anyone else experienced the same?

Mine came on Saturday and I've only used it twice. The first time I thought my under eye area looked a bit puffy but the second time I used it I thought it looked a lot better.
Haven't used it today as I'm being a bit lazy after gardening all weekend and I can hardly move. Even though I haven't used it today my eyes look better than normal. I'd give it another try, it could have been something else affecting your eyes.

Bobbie

YES BL I have it parcelled up ready to go back, my eyes are puffy and watering as we speak.:banned I have been using it for about 4 days and each day they have just got worse, definitely not good although I am loving the discovery kit.

OOPs I have been using mine for about a week now but havent experienced any puffiness or watering, and hope that I dont! I'm really enjoying this eyecream and have seen some improvement already!

Thank goodness for QVCs money back guarantee girls eh :?:

OOPs I have been using mine for about a week now but havent experienced any puffiness or watering, and hope that I dont! I'm really enjoying this eyecream and have seen some improvement already!

Thank goodness for QVCs money back guarantee girls eh :?:

I'm glad it is suiting you Jabba and as you say at least we have our 30 day MBG so nothing is lost. Thank you for letting us know about the discovery kit though it is lovely, I especially like the serum but the cleanser is great too.

I've just used mine again and it's still fine, I've only used it 3 times and I keep looking for my bags and they are just not there! I only use a very small amount just round the orbital bone. SC said in the demo don't put it anywhere near your lashes or it will make your eyes puffy. I don't use the cleanser over my eyes as that made mine water.

Hi! I haven't had any trouble with it, though I use a tiny amount and only put it on the orbital bone. I'm not prone to puffyness or dark circles, though.
I'm trying the facial oil now, how much do you use? 1 pump was a huge amount, so I'm down to drops on the fingers. Hope that's what it's supposed to be.
Jabba and others, does the Discovery Kit last you a month or just the cleanser - meaning does the 15ml of serum and moisturiser run out at the same time? (Trying to figure out whether it's more economical to buy Discovery kits or full sizes)
Sorry to have hijacked the thread!

Hi! I haven't had any trouble with it, though I use a tiny amount and only put it on the orbital bone. I'm not prone to puffyness or dark circles, though.
I'm trying the facial oil now, how much do you use? 1 pump was a huge amount, so I'm down to drops on the fingers. Hope that's what it's supposed to be.
Jabba and others, does the Discovery Kit last you a month or just the cleanser - meaning does the 15ml of serum and moisturiser run out at the same time? (Trying to figure out whether it's more economical to buy Discovery kits or full sizes)
Sorry to have hijacked the thread!

The cleanser in my discovery kit currently in use finished this morning concordia but the serum and moisturiser are still delivering, if that helps! My cleanser lasted 1 day shy of a month btw!:clap:

I was planning to try the eyecream but won't bother now. I just don't see the point of an eyecream that can't be applied around the eyes! This orbital bone application business has always seemed suspect to me. After all, I don't apply my facial moisturiser to my earlobes in the hope that it will migrate to where it's needed, so why do it with an eye product?
I've just had a moneyspinning business idea: a body lotion you apply to the bedside table just before you retire for the evening. By morning, it will all have migrated to the most dry and dessicated parts of the body...As Aleksandr the meerkat would say, "Seemples!"

After ordering and using the Discovery Kit for a couple of weeks now (Jabba's fault! :3:) and loving the results I decided to go ahead and try the Eye Recovery. It arrived early Saturday morning and I've now used it four times but this morning my eyes feel puffy and watery so perhaps it's not for me. I've only applied the tiniest amount as recommended and patted it gently but I've decided to give it a miss today in the hope they'll feel more comfortable.

Anyone else experienced the same?

I haven't used this but if i use any eye product and it causes tearing etc I would say you are definitely sensitive to it and it won't be something that'll work for you. I persevered with an eye product once because i so wanted it to work and it just got worse and worse until my eyes became really swollen - I stopped using the product - it took a few days and my eyes went back to normal.

YES BL I have it parcelled up ready to go back, my eyes are puffy and watering as we speak.:banned I have been using it for about 4 days and each day they have just got worse, definitely not good although I am loving the discovery kit.

Sorry to hear that you're suffering the same symptoms BJ. Going to parcel mine up too as I don't want to risk further problems. I so wanted to like it too as the Discovery Kit is fine but there's no point in keeping something which doesn't suit me.

I haven't used this but if i use any eye product and it causes tearing etc I would say you are definitely sensitive to it and it won't be something that'll work for you. I persevered with an eye product once because i so wanted it to work and it just got worse and worse until my eyes became really swollen - I stopped using the product - it took a few days and my eyes went back to normal.

Appreciate your comments, thanks - I've decided to send it back. Isn't it strange how certain products in a particular range are OK but others can cause a problem?! Never mind but thank goodness for the 30 MBG that's all I can say.....:3:

Isn't it strange how certain products in a particular range are OK but others can cause a problem?!

It is, isn't it? I recently had a quite violent allergic reaction to a product (bizarrely, in a range designed for ultra sensitive skin! lol) but was OK with the some of the other products in the same range!
As I have a number of serious allergies (as in pedal-to-the-metal blue light & siren allergies!) I decided not to continue even with those that seemed OK, just in case!
I was gutted as I loved the smell, texture & feel of the products on my skin but obviously something didn't agree with me.....a lot! :17:

Appreciate your comments, thanks - I've decided to send it back. Isn't it strange how certain products in a particular range are OK but others can cause a problem?! Never mind but thank goodness for the 30 MBG that's all I can say.....:3:

Hello !

I'm new but I have been reading this forum for such a long time that I feel part of you all !

Did you read the ingredients of Sarah's products ?
They're all on the leaflet (last pages).

Maybe you could before sending it back if you haven't already.
(Hope I'm not intruding.)

Hi Flora, Welome to the forum, I'm still fairly new and I really enjoy it. Now you have posted you'll be on here all the time. It's just the first one that's a bit scarey.

Hello !

I'm new but I have been reading this forum for such a long time that I feel part of you all !

Did you read the ingredients of Sarah's products ?
They're all on the leaflet (last pages).

Maybe you could before sending it back if you haven't already.
(Hope I'm not intruding.)

Hi Flora - a big warm welcome to the forum, you'll have lots of fun I'm sure!

Thanks for your comments. Yes, I had read the ingredients list but I'm not aware of being allergic to anything. Everything in the Discovery Set is fine and I love it but I'm not going to risk using the Eye Recovery again. In fact, it's all boxed up ready to be posted.

Hi Flora, Welome to the forum, I'm still fairly new and I really enjoy it. Now you have posted you'll be on here all the time. It's just the first one that's a bit scarey.

Thanks for your kind words !

I've been very tempted by Sarah Chapman's products but don't know if the good plant ingredients are enough to forget the bad other ingredients.
Have you bought any SC products ?

How about trying out the Discovery Set Flora the advantage being that you can always return it if it's not suitable? I know you lose out on the P&P costs but at least you can use it for a good few days to judge whether it's worth it or not.

Hi Flora - a big warm welcome to the forum, you'll have lots of fun I'm sure!

Thanks for your comments. Yes, I had read the ingredients list but I'm not aware of being allergic to anything. Everything in the Discovery Set is fine and I love it but I'm not going to risk using the Eye Recovery again. In fact, it's all boxed up ready to be posted.

Thanks for the welcome, I already love this forum !

I am so tempted by the discovery set, but I don't know if it's good to put silicone (dimethicone) or PEG or EDTA on my skin (like in SC Dynamic Defence).
I have to be very careful in reading ingredient listings because I have so many reactions to creams.

Latest posts

Back