Sapphires of the rainbow

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just to say
I broke a sapphire bracelet from gems and took it to the jewellery quarter. I was amazed how expensive it was to have repaired,they had to remove all stones from it as they said the stones were heat treated and would of been spoilt. If they were real coloured sapphires they would not of had to of been removed first to be repaired. Hope this makes sense, i have asked around and people have said more or less the same.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Mand but hope it all worked out in the end?

Did the jeweller say that the stone had to be removed because they were heat treated OR because they were treated? I'm not aware that a jeweller would have to make any special precautions with heated/unheated sapphires however, I can see how, if the stones had been BE diffused (ie treated to get their colour) they would need to be handled differently.

Whatever, the reason, at least your jeweller took care of your bracelet and that's all that matters. So many don't and you end up with other problems further down the line.

Some pretty pieces being shown but not for me. I would never pay those prices for gems set into 9ct. I've heard the old chestnut about the lower ct metal being more hardwearing a thousand times but imo it cheapens the whole thing. :( :pPC:

Yes, I do take the point about 9k, PCC. It's a shame - but I suppose it just refects the astronomic price of gold at the moment, and companies have to try and economise somehow...

RAINBOW SAPPHIRE ALERT, FOLKS!

Mat will be selling a HUGE pair of very striking rainbow sapphire earrings at around 4.50pm today....... large carat weight, bright colours and very large size overall..... blingtastically fab, me thinks, for the Rainbow Fanciers.......

RAINBOW SAPPHIRE ALERT, FOLKS!

Mat will be selling a HUGE pair of very striking rainbow sapphire earrings at around 4.50pm today....... large carat weight, bright colours and very large size overall..... blingtastically fab, me thinks, for the Rainbow Fanciers.......

I can't wear earrings, but if that's the pair that are dropped with a twist I think they are just the scrummiest things! xxx

Those are the ones, Argey..... like an oval disc, twisted into a sort of figure of eight look.... they are yummy, aren't they? Earrings like that make me sit up and take notice..... I lke big earrings, but not the very dangly sort.... like a bit of substance in the earlobe, framing ye olde fizzogg, y'know? I think these will be a bit on the expensive side.... but, will be watching, y'never know!

edit: I PM'd Miss Magpie about them, but she seems to be offline just now.

Last edited:
I'm watching them go now and at £1,000 my personal ardour is considerably cooled. xxx

I'm watching them go now and at £1,000 my personal ardour is considerably cooled. xxx

Your pink chum will still be on the windowsill, then, Argey?

I was surprised they put 5 in the game. Really love the engineering of them.... great colours, but perhaps a tad "Bet Lynch" for my lifestyle ??!!

Yep, SCW, they were indeed.... and over 15gms of gold which impressed me...... fed up with large amounts of multiple or single stones held in piddling amonuts of gold......... so a chunky item, too.

Yep, SCW, they were indeed.... and over 15gms of gold which impressed me...... fed up with large amounts of multiple or single stones held in piddling amonuts of gold......... so a chunky item, too.

FOR EARRINGS? You'd end up with lobes like a Masai warrior!

Your pink chum will still be on the windowsill, then, Argey?

I was surprised they put 5 in the game. Really love the engineering of them.... great colours, but perhaps a tad "Bet Lynch" for my lifestyle ??!!

Pinkie's going a bit blue from the cold.

I did actually cool off them a little on getting a proper look. Think they would have looked a lot better rainbow stylee, and better value for a grand. xxx

FOR EARRINGS? You'd end up with lobes like a Masai warrior!
Personally I find the Masai one of the most beautiful peoples of the world, Meeshoo.
I have a few pairs of earrings that heavy.... not saying one would want to wearthem all day everday, but not a problem now and again!

i've just ordered URF2964 has anyone seen this on air? it's a lot cheaper than any of the other rainbow/fancy sapphire bracelets, just hoping it will be quite vibrant. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Davina x

Well, Davinababe, it's got three reviews giving it 5/5, which bodes well! The reason it's cheaper could be because of the carat weight, or because it's an end of line and so you got a good price.

Latest posts

Back