Sales Patter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

les fritos

Registered Shopper
OMG Kathy Taler and her dithering gob strikes again
Applying some scrub shrieking that her skin is like dried old god knows what is hardly going to make me buy an overspriced jar of coconut smelling salt and why is her skin in such bad condition? If someone who has access to the range avilable on qvc has gone dry old sandpaper snake skin what hope is there for the rest of us.
Stop bull s*itting please:angry:

Yes, it would be really nice to see someone with good skin presenting a product and saying that they only ever use that one product. It would be much more convincing. Unfortunately, they are sales people and have to push every product, so it is very hard to believe anything they say. There are certain presenters who will always say "it's the only thing I'll use on my skin!" for every single product. It would be so refreshing if, once in a while, a presenter would say that she personally has never used the product, but is going to try it. I, for one, would have much more confidence it what actually comes out of their mouths then. Until then, I'll stick with my good old Nivea thanks!

I'm surprised that some companies are happy for presenters who don't have great skin to sell their products. Also, the guests who represent them, e.g. Keeley and Fiona aren't the greatest adverts for what they sell. They take great care to choose a beautiful model to photograph when they want to advertise in magazines, but think overkill on the sales talk will induce us to buy. If a presenter or guest had lovely skin, they wouldn't have to say that much, but I'm sure they'd probably sell more.

I don't have a problem with Kathy,Keeley et al trying to flog creams and giving information about ingredients, smells and how to use them,but it's the outrageous claims they make about what these expensive lotions and potions can do...because it's obvious they can't!!

Take Fiona from Decleor, nice lady,smiley face,reflected by lots of laughter lines and looks early to mid 40's,which I guess is what she is.
Same with Keeley..looks about 38-40 with average looking skin
Amica the model..has aged considerably in the last 5 years,but still a beautiful woman.

Why do we have to be wrinkle free?
What's wrong with our faces reflecting our personalities?
Laughter lines can be very appealing.

I love looking after my skin and helping to keep it moisturised and clean,I love new make up and lip glosses.My hair is glossy and healthy
I am 51,I look it ,there or there abouts, and I'm ok with that, but under absolutely no illusion that the secret to line free skin is not available through a pot of cream flogged off the Telly!
I am what I am,like me or lump me!:giggle:

I don't have a problem with Kathy,Keeley et al trying to flog creams and giving information about ingredients, smells and how to use them,but it's the outrageous claims they make about what these expensive lotions and potions can do...because it's obvious they can't!!

Take Fiona from Decleor, nice lady,smiley face,reflected by lots of laughter lines and looks early to mid 40's,which I guess is what she is.
Same with Keeley..looks about 38-40 with average looking skin
Amica the model..has aged considerably in the last 5 years,but still a beautiful woman.

Why do we have to be wrinkle free?
What's wrong with our faces reflecting our personalities?
Laughter lines can be very appealing.

I love looking after my skin and helping to keep it moisturised and clean,I love new make up and lip glosses.My hair is glossy and healthy
I am 51,I look it ,there or there abouts, and I'm ok with that, but under absolutely no illusion that the secret to line free skin is not available through a pot of cream flogged off the Telly!
I am what I am,like me or lump me!:giggle:

Lemonsqueezy - that is a great post.

I so agree with you. I like nice (inexpensive) skincare - I take care of my skin, keep it clean and supple with nice creams and stuff and really like trying new make up - all like you said. But I truly truly am not bothered about a few lines and wrinkles. I'd rather have nicely moisturised, hydrated wrinkles than be completely smooth and taut and unnatural. I'm getting number 11 lines, and feather lines round my eyes, but stuff it - I suffer with enough depression and illness as it is, any opportunity I get I'm going to laugh and I don't care if it gives me lines!

OMG Kathy Taler and her dithering gob strikes again
Applying some scrub shrieking that her skin is like dried old god knows what is hardly going to make me buy an overspriced jar of coconut smelling salt and why is her skin in such bad condition? If someone who has access to the range avilable on qvc has gone dry old sandpaper snake skin what hope is there for the rest of us.
Stop bull s*itting please:angry:

Taler? overspriced? avilible?

She might not have the best skin in the land, but I've never seen her be rude and I bet she can spell. What hope is there when so much store is placed on appearance?

...and why is her skin in such bad condition?

Perhaps it's got something to do with all the hours she spent outside achieving World Class status as a pentathlete instead of simpering over herself in the mirror and applying facepacks every 5 minutes.

Go Kathy!

Crikey fink it's bin a while since she did her olympics she must have had time to moisturise since the 80s

i think make up and skin care should be about pleasure and pampering rather than a never to be fulfilled quest for the impossible goal of eternal youth.

Crikey fink it's bin a while since she did her olympics she must have had time to moisturise since the 80s

So what?
It's still no excuse to aim a poorly-spelled personal attack on her.
At least she's managed to aspire to beyond textspeak - and to be honest, I've not noticed her skin is at all bad. She's a natural presenter with no airs and graces.

Latest posts

Back