Sacre Bleu!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Heard Craig doing yoghurt this morning, jilly confessed that she bought a sponge cake from the supermarket for one of the demos. "Sacre Bleu!" shouts CR. took me a good 5 minutes to work out that he must have meant "sacrilege". Silly fool.

The woman demonstrating easyyo gets on my nerves banging on about making things with no sugar or fat and pretending it will be still as delicious. Not in my experience it isn't. Nothing wrong with moderate amounts of fat and sugar at all. She was giving us a "lovely" recipe for tiramisu which was just sponge fingers dipped in coffee and fat free greek yoghurt. No alcohol etc. Who is she trying to kid, that would have been the rankest excuse for tiramisu going! Claire certainly didn't look impressed :cake:

I usually make my Tiramisu with half Quark, half half-fat creme fraiche or greek yoghurt and the add about 2 tbs of double cream - much less fat than mascarpone but still delicious, but the mouthfeel isn't the same. You do have to put sugar into it (and plenty of booze, not sure you'd be fit to drive after one of my Tiramisus...). Do like my EasiYo, though, it is less faffy than my mom's old yoghurt maker and you can use it in a similar way without buying the sachets.

Though I do love the Custard variety, which is not all that low on sugar and calories....

Craig - what can you say! As for no booze in a tiramisu - Sacre Bleu! lol

This thread is making me hungry! lol off to finish my hazelnut costa light latte! Oooohhh!

Plus might dust off the ol' yogurt maker this weekend!

I find the easyo lady very scary ! and if she is a "proper" cook then I wish she would do something about her fingernails. They might look clean, but ................... Oh, perhaps I'm fussy but for me, overlong talons and food are not good bed partners.

Latest posts

Back