Ruth Langsford Dept Store

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hate all this go up go down nonsense for sizing. Why can't clothing and footwear manufacturers just make them in the standard sizes for God's sake? I buy nearly all my clothes at Asda (I'm not a fashionista obviously) but I know the sizes and they always fit. If I want something better quality I go to M&S and I'm a size 10 in everything. I'd never pay Ruth's prices for poly mumsy things or getting older person holding onto their twenties items.

CC
I totally agree and I've said this before, too. Why can't QVC check the sizing of all the products it sells and if the sizing isn't going to be standard, make the manufacturers relabel? This applies to shoes as well. I once bought a pair of Skechers from TKMaxx that are two sizes smaller than my normal size. Other Skechers in my normal size fit well but some brands are unreliable. Not everyone watches the TV or online presentations so may not hear the "go up a size" or whatever. Their returns must be huge so they probably need to send out tried-on stuff as new because of this. False economy. Where is quality control when it's needed?

Now that Eamonn's got a new job I wonder if she'll also leave the sofa & spend more time working on her collections.

Ruthie is becoming a full time designer or more like’ picture ticker’ at Q with Eamonn moving onto pastures new.That part of her life doesn’t seem to get mentioned very much in the wider world?

Clearly QVC are 'bigging' her up, in the event that other brands are slowly being let go. Kim & Co is nowhere near as prominent as it once was, Ronni Nicole has hardly aired this year with any stock left in Clearance, aside from Women in Control, all the Attitudes by Rene range is in Clearance on the website, likewise with Antthony Designs.

I can’t think of a description for Ruth’s fashion offerings, well nothing that could be printed! It is just that, nothingness, bog standard, no zip or excitement, like someone turning out items from their wardrobe that they haven’t worn for years but are still in good condition and put back to gather more dust.Obviously a good seller at Q so that is what some people want and can identify with her.
Some of the tops and jumpers have a (useless) zip!!!

To all you doubting Thomas’s, here’s one of the designs.🤭
Well created she said, cause there was no picture on the website.😂

Attachments

• 80193FFF-A70A-4E14-981F-FF65D242C898.jpeg
    80193FFF-A70A-4E14-981F-FF65D242C898.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 90
To all you doubting Thomas’s, here’s one of the designs.🤭
Well created she said, cause there was no picture on the website.😂
If you look at the bottom of the screen shot, you can see a viewers text about how she loves doing shopping with a wine - That could explain a lot about the people who buy Ruth's clothes, they're all three sheets to the wind! MW's clothes are the sheets!

Clearly QVC are 'bigging' her up, in the event that other brands are slowly being let go. Kim & Co is nowhere near as prominent as it once was, Ronni Nicole has hardly aired this year with any stock left in Clearance, aside from Women in Control, all the Attitudes by Rene range is in Clearance on the website, likewise with Antthony Designs.
Getting anything shipped from China right now is more expensive due to the shipping container and general shipping rates having skyrocketed, I suspect.
So probably US orders will take precedence as they can still turn a profit due to how much they order and how little extra cost they will have to add onto each individual item to recoup that cost.
I think many companies in many countries need to take a long hard look at themselves and their policy of stopping manufacturing closer to home. If they still had the option they would have more stable costs and fewer supply issues, I reckon.
The race to the bottom with cheaper, flimsier items made to a price not a quality doesn't just affect clothing... and we all have seen how it is undesirable in the second hand market and ends up in landfill or the oceans across the world. Not a good look, by any standards.

For some reason we here in the UK love cheap and quick turn-over clothing - hence the love affair with supermarket fashion, Primark and Matalan. Go to some European countries like Switzerland, and the population buy their clothes in shops that we would call 'upmarket', but its superb quality and lasts forever. We all know of the French women who only have a dozen good 'pieces' in their wardrobe but always look chic.

At some point all these Greta Thunderbird followers who bang on about climate and the environment, will have to look closely at their own wardrobes and realise the damaging they are doing to the planet, with their ongoing thirst for a pair of £4 shoes or 3 tops for a tenner.

Equally its madness to fork out 50 quid for a RL jumper that won't last a couple of years before being shoved in the charity bag.

For some reason we here in the UK love cheap and quick turn-over clothing - hence the love affair with supermarket fashion, Primark and Matalan. Go to some European countries like Switzerland, and the population buy their clothes in shops that we would call 'upmarket', but its superb quality and lasts forever. We all know of the French women who only have a dozen good 'pieces' in their wardrobe but always look chic.

At some point all these Greta Thunderbird followers who bang on about climate and the environment, will have to look closely at their own wardrobes and realise the damaging they are doing to the planet, with their ongoing thirst for a pair of £4 shoes or 3 tops for a tenner.

Equally its madness to fork out 50 quid for a RL jumper that won't last a couple of years before being shoved in the charity bag.
I am a Greta Thunburg follower and am in my 63rd year. I can assure you Brissles, I do not buy fast fashion, it is sustainable and ethically sourced if I ever buy any new purchases, however over 90% of my clothing is over 10 years old and still looking ok. I pass it on when I need to and pick up great pieces on the secondary market. Hope everyone can do this for the sake of our planet. This also applies to my children who also follow as sustainable lifestyles as they can. So much so they have chosen not to have children (although they both have partners and are physically able to conceive) which really saddens me, but I totally understand their fears for this doomed planet and why they have chosen not to add children to these pressures 😢

If you look at the bottom of the screen shot, you can see a viewers text about how she loves doing shopping with a wine - That could explain a lot about the people who buy Ruth's clothes, they're all three sheets to the wind! MW's clothes are the sheets!
Ruth and Jackie actively encourage their groupies to drink alcohol during their shows together, reading out tweets ‘Edna is watching with a nice gin and tonic/wine/Prosecco’ etc etc.

When I think back to some of the clothes I had years ago the quality in every way was far superior to anything I buy these days.They were not cheap, many from German brands and ended up in the charity shops because I could no longer fit into them!I would still be prepared to spend to that price level even though lifestyle has changed, if I could find anything I felt was worth it.The U.K. seems to be obsessed with cheap fast fashion, up until a few years ago when I travelled to the continent I did feel I was fashion wise in the right place.

When I think back to some of the clothes I had years ago the quality in every way was far superior to anything I buy these days.They were not cheap, many from German brands and ended up in the charity shops because I could no longer fit into them!I would still be prepared to spend to that price level even though lifestyle has changed, if I could find anything I felt was worth it.The U.K. seems to be obsessed with cheap fast fashion, up until a few years ago when I travelled to the continent I did feel I was fashion wise in the right place.
Buying clothes is a minefield now. I tend to check where things are made, but if I like the item enough I will buy.
I would like to be able to buy goods made in the UK, but in retail terms it isn't as easy these days.
The fudge I detest as disingenuous is the prominently featured Union Jack and "designed in UK", only to find further on, it's made elsewhere.

Wonder what Ruthless thinks of Mr Ruthless presenting with Isabel Webster on GB news

I see Simon McCoy has left the channel -like rats deserting a sinking ship so I wonder how long Eamon will last.

Buying clothes is a minefield now. I tend to check where things are made, but if I like the item enough I will buy.
I would like to be able to buy goods made in the UK, but in retail terms it isn't as easy these days.
The fudge I detest as disingenuous is the prominently featured Union Jack and "designed in UK", only to find further on, it's made elsewhere.
Okay, me being a complete dumbass but what fudge is it? I really only eat fudge this time of year, I get a brand beginning with T and it is / was made in Derbyshire.

Okay, me being a complete dumbass but what fudge is it? I really only eat fudge this time of year, I get a brand beginning with T and it is / was made in Derbyshire.
I was reading fudge in the context of “fudging” the issue as to where stuff comes from….as in proudly claiming designed in UK but actually making it elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back