Ruth and Jilly H …. No!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Ruth gets on me nerves but I enjoy watching her and Jackie together. Tonight I’ve tuned into to find she’s on with Jilly H instead and it’s chuffing awful. Jilly is adding absolutely nothing to the show, but not only that her pressure selling is off the scale! I have lost count of how many times she’s said the word quick or quickly, or reminded viewers to check out their baskets or telling us everything is running out and to buy more than one cause of the 60 day mbg. I know they all do this but this is the worst I’ve ever seen and it’s just horrible to listen to. I thought she was one of the good guys- tonight she is showing no humour or friendliness- she’s just a nasty manic selling machine. I’m actually feeling sorry for Ruth having to work with her even though she’s flogging her clothes. Get her off!

Ruth gets on me nerves but I enjoy watching her and Jackie together. Tonight I’ve tuned into to find she’s on with Jilly H instead and it’s chuffing awful. Jilly is adding absolutely nothing to the show, but not only that her pressure selling is off the scale! I have lost count of how many times she’s said the word quick or quickly, or reminded viewers to check out their baskets or telling us everything is running out and to buy more than one cause of the 60 day mbg. I know they all do this but this is the worst I’ve ever seen and it’s just horrible to listen to. I thought she was one of the good guys- tonight she is showing no humour or friendliness- she’s just a nasty manic selling machine. I’m actually feeling sorry for Ruth having to work with her even though she’s flogging her clothes. Get her off!
That is a bit harsh at least she hasn't got an IPad in her hand constantly, telling jokes and saying "Em" all the time.

That is a bit harsh at least she hasn't got an IPad in her hand constantly, telling jokes and saying "Em" all the time.
Each to their own I guess but Jilly has just said the word quick 5 times in the space of 3 seconds - I think I’ll stick with Jackie and her IPad!!! Pressure selling is not nice!

Jilly gets on me nerves as well. She's got a veneer of the sweet 'girl next door' but it's thin.

I thought we’d got away with RL only being on for 2 hours on Tuesday and not the customary 2 hrs on both Tuesday and Thursday. No such luck she’s on for two hours today. Still I will say one thing in her favour, she does show up every time. More than can be said for Marla Wynn, Kim Mendelssohn and Nina Leonard et al.

I thought we’d got away with RL only being on for 2 hours on Tuesday and not the customary 2 hrs on both Tuesday and Thursday. No such luck she’s on for two hours today. Still I will say one thing in her favour, she does show up every time. More than can be said for Marla Wynn, Kim Mendelssohn and Nina Leonard et al.
She does live in London though rather than Canada or the U.S

Most times when I flick through my on screen programme guide I see listed for QVC ‘Ruth Langsford fashion’, she never seems to be off, so I move swiftly on.Over exposure doesn’t come close.I don’t mind Jilly but do get tired of her constant ‘your loving this’ and she usually gets some monstrosity to wear.

Much as Jilly often gets on me nerves, I think that last night's presentation with Ruth was particularly pushy because Ruth's old stuff has got to be sold and that's what Jilly was told to do. Ruth's merch doesn't seem to be selling particularly well unless it is deeply discounted.
At least ‘deeply discounted’ is a bit closer to what an item might just be worth?

At least ‘deeply discounted’ is a bit closer to what an item might just be worth?
They were still charging £30 for a vest top and slightly more for a t-shirt. Yes it is a t-shirt Ruth, you can call it a top if you like but if it quacks like a duck etc! As for Jilly's suggestion "If you can't decide whether you want a pleather biker jacket or a "suede" biker jacket, I'd get myself both if I were you!" but you've gotta be quick, quick, quick!! What a good idea ...Er not! I know summer's not exactly turning out to be a cracker so far but yes, lets all stock up on jackets and worry about the price later!

They were still charging £30 for a vest top and slightly more for a t-shirt. Yes it is a t-shirt Ruth, you can call it a top if you like but if it quacks like a duck etc! As for Jilly's suggestion "If you can't decide whether you want a pleather biker jacket or a "suede" biker jacket, I'd get myself both if I were you!" but you've gotta be quick, quick, quick!! What a good idea ...Er not! I know summer's not exactly turning out to be a cracker so far but yes, lets all stock up on jackets and worry about the price later!
Will Ruth be on again next week still trying to shift her old goods?

What they've done is keep the quality the same, just pushed up the price to make it more exclusive. And it's working - with so many discounted, it can't be selling so whoever buys one definitely has an exclusive item. Why would I pay £30 for a vest top when I can get an equally good one for £2.99? here

I saw that, it was awful, as you say every few minutes Jilly was urging people to check out or to buy now. I turned over in the end.

Latest posts

Back