Ronnie Nicole dress..when will I ever learn?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Hi Everyone
I haven`t posted for really ages and you won`t remember me ..I was ill (don`t enjoy good health) and just never seemed to get around to posting but have enjoyed reading very much ..love the banter and chuckles it gives!

Below is the review on a recent purchase...I`ll never learn will I? Listening to the `order quick its limited stock` blurb gets me everytime if I like the look of something, bought a few tops but I have returned more than I have kept Wonder will they publish it?

My first RN dress purchase is winging its way back to QVC!! I gave it
one star for the colour and patern of the material. my bust size is 40
inches so not wanting it to gape at the arm holes i orderd the 39
inches which tuned out to still be too big !! Around the hips and
bottom it seemed to grip despite being roomy. I think this was because
of the gathering detail which also hitched the side seam up making the
hem uneven...all in all a dreadful fit ...I cancelled the one I had on
waitlist too, bad enough having to pay for one being returned because
it didn`t come up to expectations! Don`t think I`ll be chancing
ordering another :-(
Its time QVC sorted out its sizing. The high street chain buyers do and
with the `buying power` QVC are always telling us about it shouldn`t be
a problem. doesn`t say much for the quality control does it!! Is there any?

Does you good to get it off your chest doesn`t it even if they don`t listen!!

Hi Madaboutdogs and welcome back, I remember your name. It really is high time QVC worked harder to standardise their sizing!

Jude xx

buying clothes and shoes things that do require accurate fit/comfort/sizing i think that qvc should do free returns like most mail order companies do. its about time this was addressed. its not fair for pepes to be penalised for returns that could amount to a large sum of money over time!

Don't forget that QVC is subject to the Distance Selling Regs which allows you to cancel your order within 7 days and return for a full refund of the price and the p&p as well. You have to email them to inform them you're returning the item within 7 days under DSR and ask them to confirm they'll refund the P&P. OK you'll pay the return postage but it's usually far less than Q charged for the item. (Ask the PO for proof of posting)
Jude xx
PS there used to be a sticky thread about DSR anyone able to post a link to it?

Hi Madaboutdags (I am too :hi: ) glad that you feel well enough to start posting again.

Which dress was it, was it the TSV?
I think it's a bit much that QVC expect you to pay P&P both ways just to try an item of clothing on, especially when their sizing is so unpredictable. In the shops you often have to take more than one size into the changing room to be sure of getting the right fit. In that respect they're wrong about it being dearer to shop on the high street!

I am just wondering, but I would most certainly ring Customer Care and demand a return label for having the wrong size send. After all if it does not fit asnd you have ordered the right size for your fit it is not your fault if their sizing is wrong.

Welcome back Madabout dogs ( just like me )

RN dress sizes ar appalling & totally unrealistic. I sent back 3 last December & vowed never to order any of RN's stuff ever again.:confused:

I'll never buy another RN dress either....the one I bought rides up when you move and practically ends up round your neck:blush: The material is very cheap and nasty too:devil:

Thanks everyone for the wecome back......I did know about the distance selling from reading it on here but because I wasn`t feeling well didn`t get around to sending it back in time.
I too won`t bother with RN again ..the dress was 152564..ordered it so quick I stupidly didn`t look at the reviews..otherwise I wouldn`t have bothered!! QVC run the high street down all the time but at least when you order from them online you know its going to fit because you are used to their sizings. Going sit on my hands in future.. lol
Its a lovely day here in Lancashire hope its the same for everyone else. xxx

No chance of them showing the review. They never show anything which directly criticises them. I sent one a couple of weeks ago which contained a comment about how sorry I am that Mojave Magic just 'disappeared' without warning, but it's not there.

I didn`t think they would but do you think that the `independant ` folk that review them pass on the critical ones?

Nice to see you posting again Madaboutdogs. Another canine nutcase here!!. Hope you're feeling better now. I have had a few critical reviews posted so you never know, yours might appear.

Well I've just received a Nina Leonard dress which I ordered on waitlist only to be told that there was a stock problem so they couldn't fulfil my order. Out of the blue this frock turns up! I was a bit worried as I couldn't think what the hell I'd ordered.

Trouble is I don't really want it anymore. But I explained to QVC and although they say I misunderstood and they hadn't cancelled the order, they are sending me a returns label. She really was very nice about it so no complaints.

BUT I admit I tried the dress on. It would have been great for the party I'd planned to wear it for but I took a punt on a size 16 and it fits. So what you're thinking ... well I'm a size 20 around the boobs or a 40E to be precise. I'm not a size 16 anything quite frankly.

Hello Madaboutdogs, glad you are feeling better.
I have given up buying clothes from QVC as it too often too much of a gamble re size, fit and quality. What has looked good on screen has often turned out to be unfit even to grace the local market. I check out the reviews too if I get a bit tempted and they do publish some very negative ones sometimes and ones that go on about the expense and hassle of sending stuff back. Another technique I use to stop me succumbing to sales patter is to visualise myself queing in the very busy post office in my precious free time to return yet another mistake!!

i love my ronni nicole dresses, size 14 with a d cup bust and they fit me perfectly everytime. I have read reviews though where customers say that they need larger sizes or smaller sizes and figured its just like buying a dress anywhere, some will be perfect and some terrible.

I buy dresses in next but can be a size 14 in one, 12 in another and in another, a 16 all in the one day with different styles

i love my ronni nicole dresses, size 14 with a d cup bust and they fit me perfectly everytime. I have read reviews though where customers say that they need larger sizes or smaller sizes and figured its just like buying a dress anywhere, some will be perfect and some terrible.

I buy dresses in next but can be a size 14 in one, 12 in another and in another, a 16 all in the one day with different styles

I agree that sizing anywhere can be a very variable thing. In my case a Wallis 14 is big on me but if I get anything in H and M I have to buy an 18! I guess some manufactures skimp on the fabric especially in the cheaper ranges. My issue with QVC is that they give out the sizes almost as an afterthought once they have rhapsodised about the garment. Another problem is that of course feel the fabric and have to rely on the presnters to describe it. I was watching Casual and Co the other day and quite liked the look of some of the dressess but when the camera went in close the cotton looked very cheap and thin.

I agree that sizing anywhere can be a very variable thing. In my case a Wallis 14 is big on me but if I get anything in H and M I have to buy an 18! I guess some manufactures skimp on the fabric especially in the cheaper ranges. My issue with QVC is that they give out the sizes almost as an afterthought once they have rhapsodised about the garment. Another problem is that of course feel the fabric and have to rely on the presnters to describe it. I was watching Casual and Co the other day and quite liked the look of some of the dressess but when the camera went in close the cotton looked very cheap and thin.

totally agree, its not just QVC, sizing changes from shop to shop. I am 12 in M&S, 12/14 in Wallis and I once went into Jane Norman and the top I tried on in a 12 did not even go over my shoulders - with a very snootty shop assistant telling me that they do not do a great deal in my size !!!!!!!!!!!! :wonder::wonder::wonder: Needless to say I never went in that shop again :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Hi Madaboutdogs. Welcome back!

I haven't purchased any Ronni Nicole purely because the sizing seems to be so naff. I agree that QVC need to standardise their sizing as I can be an XL in some stuff and a 3XL (which is mortifying) in others!!:confused:

Latest posts

Back