Rob Locke - The Story So Far

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't care for him at all, he came across (to me) as smarmy and full of himself. He was good at his job if I remember rightly but there was\is something about him that made me squirm. As soon as I saw the David Brent character in "The Office" I thought of him.

Have to agree with the above I'm afraid:bandit:

I didn't care for him at all, he came across (to me) as smarmy and full of himself. He was good at his job if I remember rightly but there was\is something about him that made me squirm. As soon as I saw the David Brent character in "The Office" I thought of him.

Ha ha!,he does have a bit of the David Brent's about him,now that you mention it.Only difference is,I can't actually stand Ricky Gervias ONE IOTA because I think the character of Brent is in no way a stretch for him,I believe him to be like that AND WORSE.

Again,it is great to read Rob's update,but is there anyway to reduce the size of those pics?,it's a bit much.

Or maybe it's just me?*shrugs*

Ha ha!,he does have a bit of the David Brent's about him,now that you mention it.Only difference is,I can't actually stand Ricky Gervias ONE IOTA because I think the character of Brent is in no way a stretch for him,I believe him to be like that AND WORSE.

Totally agree! Can't stand Ricky Gervais even though I did enjoy "The Office".

Again,it is great to read Rob's update,but is there anyway to reduce the size of those pics?,it's a bit much.

Or maybe it's just me?*shrugs*

I am not going to look at the forum until those bliddy photos have been removed.

Last edited:
I think the mug shots reflect the size of the ego, but I'm glad he is having such a wonderful time in 'LA LA Land' because hopefully that means I wont have to suffer his smug face on TV here :clapping:

That's who he reminds me of - a cross between David Brent, Andy Love and the smarmy new chap on Gemstv! I haven't a clue who he is and can't understand why the photos and life story are there. Does he just have an enormous ego, or is he mates with Graham who is trying to help him out? Some would say it doesn't take much, but I really am completely mystified. :confused:

I don't see anything wrong with his story and pics being on the front page, he was a popular presenter with a lot of people and it's just a catch up I guess.
We don't have to read it:happy:

Re: Rob Locke:The Story So Far.

jacqualina said:
That's who he reminds me of - a cross between David Brent, Andy Love and the smarmy new chap on Gemstv! I haven't a clue who he is and can't understand why the photos and life story are there. Does he just have an enormous ego, or is he mates with Graham who is trying to help him out? Some would say it doesn't take much, but I really am completely mystified. :confused:

THIS WAS MY IDEA I emailed Rob to ask if he would mind putting a piece together for me which he was kind enough to do.

The website is called shoppingtelly.com so fits in perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply Graham, it's nice to know it wasn't just an ego trip. I still do find the photos rather overwhelming though!

Aaww Rob wasn't smarmy or egotistical

He always used to be on with that Tony Robbins 'success coach' when he used to flog his wares on QVC and used to tell us how he'd reached rock bottom in his earlier life and was living in a grotty flat living off cold beans etc....and how positive thinking turned his life around.

When he was on late at night doing the jewellery shows he went on and on about his unsuccessful love life (I remember he told us that one girlfriend had aspirations to be a model so he used his contacts to get her a great portfolio done and then she dumped him) Poor Rob

He was overweight, smoked like a chimney and so was always having coughing fits on air. Then he lost loads of weight and looked really good and I remember loads of people ringing in and telling him he looked great. He used to say things like 'when my shift ends I'm going clubbing, I could never go before because I could never get any trendy clothes to fit me so stood out like a sore thumb'.

I think a lot of viewers will just be relieved to see that he is happy at last!

Aaww Rob wasn't smarmy or egotistical

He was overweight, smoked like a chimney and so was always having coughing fits on air. Then he lost loads of weight and looked really good and I remember loads of people ringing in and telling him he looked great. He used to say things like 'when my shift ends I'm going clubbing, I could never go before because I could never get any trendy clothes to fit me so stood out like a sore thumb'.

I think a lot of viewers will just be relieved to see that he is happy at last!

I remember him from those days and used to really like him.The tales of his disastrous love life did make me feel sorry for him. He looked much younger and happier as a result of losing so much weight and it's good to hear that things worked out well for him, he seemed like a pretty decent guy to me :grin:

I was really fond of Rob & thought he was an excellent presenter.
He always wore his heart on his sleeve,didn't he?Nice to see he's doing well in the States & thanks to Graham for the update xx

THIS WAS MY IDEA I emailed Rob to ask if he would mind putting a piece together for me which he was kind enough to do.

The website is called shoppingtelly.com so fits in perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to read his update, as I said earlier, I did like him.

However,those photos are far too big and are the kind of photos I'd post if someone was my enemy!

Unless?????????

You are planning to sell advertising space on his foreheads?

In which case,kudos to your business acumen.:up:

However,those photos are far too big and are the kind of photos I'd post if someone was my enemy!

Interesting you say that, my first thoughts were that this was a man to avoid as he had been up to some scam, and it was going to reveal the depths of his deception somehow. The banner does give that impression.

From what Rob tells us, his career doesn't seem to be going uber-well. Certainly not on the same scale as durinf his QVC days.
Also, didn't he marry and then divorce a few years ago, all within a short period of time?

Latest posts

Back