RJ's Flower Power, hang on a minute........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
..........re. the trays of tomatoes they bring out, where the one where Flower Power (or whatever!) had been used being twice the size of the other one, with RJ enthusiastically shouting about 'twice the crop!'.........

.......only just struck me that on the 'ordinary' non-Flower Power tray the tomatoes are laid out individually in rows, whereas on the Flower Power tray, they appear to be put on the tray in bunches, still on the vines, so of course they look 'twice as much'.......! :taphead::doh:

well what about the qvc advert with arnie rainbow where they compare plants fed with flower power against unfed plants...
surely any plant fed with anything will do better than an unfed plant.
still tens of thousands of qvc customerswill buy it based on this ridiculous comparison.:sad::thinking2::thinking2::sad:

TBH, I've given up on RJ & the QVC plants. None of mine came out as well as the examples on the shows and I began to feel I would be as well putting my cash in the recycling bin as that's where the plants ended up:confused2:.
I honestly tried my best and have had success with other online plants :flower::flower:I've bought, but either plants died within 1st few days or within two weeks tops! And the plugs I got didn't look like anything like the ones showed on the TV.

I honestly tried my best and have had success with other online plants :flower::flower:I've bought, but either plants died within 1st few days or within two weeks tops! And the plugs I got didn't look like anything like the ones showed on the TV.

Aww, that's a shame NMSE, i feel quite sorry for you - gardening's supposed to fun, you shouldn't have to act like a plant A&E everytime you buy something, it's ridiculous!
Get some decent plants from a good local garden centre or ones that have been grown on locally & start enjoying your gardening! :flower:

Aww, that's a shame NMSE, i feel quite sorry for you - gardening's supposed to fun, you shouldn't have to act like a plant A&E everytime you buy something, it's ridiculous!
Get some decent plants from a good local garden centre or ones that have been grown on locally & start enjoying your gardening! :flower:

A&E ???, my garden was more like a mortuary !.
OH has said we will not use QVC for plants ever again, so its down to the garden centre for us next year !.
However he loves the flower power.

A&E ???, my garden was more like a mortuary !.
OH has said we will not use QVC for plants ever again, so its down to the garden centre for us next year !.
However he loves the flower power.

I think it's mainly down to the poor delivery times, isn't it or are the plug plants small & feeble anyway?
I dunno, I've 'rescued' things from the dreaded B&Q 'last chance shelves' & they've mostly done OK but I wouldn't have been so happy paying full whack for them, poor little things & of course they haven't been stuck in the postal system for days on end.....! :sad:

I'm sure the Flower Power is fine, I just don't like having the wool pulled over my eyes as it were, they should at least make it a fair comparison, don't you think? :flower:

I think it's mainly down to the poor delivery times, isn't it or are the plug plants small & feeble anyway?
I dunno, I've 'rescued' things from the dreaded B&Q 'last chance shelves' & they've mostly done OK but I wouldn't have been so happy paying full whack for them, poor little things & of course they haven't been stuck in the postal system for days on end.....! :sad:

I'm sure the Flower Power is fine, I just don't like having the wool pulled over my eyes as it were, they should at least make it a fair comparison, don't you think? :flower:

I'd agree with the delivery !, some of my plants where stuck for 5-7 days in "the system" , on the hotest days of the year !,by the time they got to me they where beyond all hope...
OH just tends to go by his own experiece of flower power !, and takes little notice of the so called comparisson tests !, just watched some plants being sold on Ideal world they showed strawberries grown on their plants !, all the same size etc, and I thought they must have bought them from the supermarket !...

Latest posts

Back