RJ is back ............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I loved Charlie Dimmock on QVC, really hope they manage to get her again for her hour long shows on Saturdays and sundays, I really looked forward to them. It is true what they say about qvc getting some people into gardening for the first time. I cant get to the garden centres easily unless someone takes me, so qvc gardening has been a way of making the most of my tiny yard. Iv got a lovely bench and had pots and window boxes full of plants, some from qvc and never having grown anything, I cant tell you how much I enjoyed it. Everyone said what a god job Id done planning it out and to be able to get up at 6am in the summer mornings, with nobody about and just the peace and the birds, sat on my bench with a coffee, watering my plants. Well I got to realising how people get so much pleasure from gardening.

I like Richard. I like his friendship with Julian, which seems very genuine and its apparent that jules cares a lot for Richard and I always feel good watching them two on Saturday mornings, so cant wait really for the season to come, makes a change to have more gardening and plants and less make up.

I'm with you there Tristar on all levels from the helpfulness of Charlie's presentations to the dynamics between Richard and Julian - very entertaining to watch... but especially how you have described the peace to be found in getting up early on a Summers morning surveying what you've achieved with pride whilst the birds twitter (without the need for iPads lol).

Can't believe how RJ gets away with it qvc has made a very ordinary gardner in to some kind of guru the way JB gushes over him is pathetic even suggesting this morning he deserves a knighthood,dear god.

Well you seem to get a knighthood for wiping your bottom these days so maybe he will.

I loved Charlie Dimmock on QVC, really hope they manage to get her again for her hour long shows on Saturdays and sundays, I really looked forward to them. It is true what they say about qvc getting some people into gardening for the first time. I cant get to the garden centres easily unless someone takes me, so qvc gardening has been a way of making the most of my tiny yard. Iv got a lovely bench and had pots and window boxes full of plants, some from qvc and never having grown anything, I cant tell you how much I enjoyed it. Everyone said what a god job Id done planning it out and to be able to get up at 6am in the summer mornings, with nobody about and just the peace and the birds, sat on my bench with a coffee, watering my plants. Well I got to realising how people get so much pleasure from gardening....

I could have written this ! I have a bigger garden but enjoy it as you describe, wandering round with my camera and closely followed by Eric my moggy. Bliss, if only it could be bottled as a treatment for stress, depression etc.

Linda xx

I loved Charlie Dimmock on QVC, really hope they manage to get her again for her hour long shows on Saturdays and sundays, I really looked forward to them. It is true what they say about qvc getting some people into gardening for the first time. I cant get to the garden centres easily unless someone takes me, so qvc gardening has been a way of making the most of my tiny yard. Iv got a lovely bench and had pots and window boxes full of plants, some from qvc and never having grown anything, I cant tell you how much I enjoyed it. Everyone said what a god job Id done planning it out and to be able to get up at 6am in the summer mornings, with nobody about and just the peace and the birds, sat on my bench with a coffee, watering my plants. Well I got to realising how people get so much pleasure from gardening.

I like Richard. I like his friendship with Julian, which seems very genuine and its apparent that jules cares a lot for Richard and I always feel good watching them two on Saturday mornings, so cant wait really for the season to come, makes a change to have more gardening and plants and less make up.

you sound like me tristar lol. my garden is my tiny haven. its lovely and i sit out at every opportunity. a little tip. try growing stuff for your baskets from seeds. its very cheap and as you will get lots of plants left over you can give them away. its a great ice breaker as well. good gardening luck for 2013

Now I find Charlie Dimmock really difficult to watch. She looks anywhere but at the camera and she just doesn't seem at all comfortable in front of the camera. Or she did a year or so ago. I can't fault her knowledge and I don't dislike her but I don't think she enjoys presenting. I'd much rather have Matt Biggs. He's doesn't always look to camera but he's more comfortable than Charlie and he's very knowledgable.

But I'd rather have Charlie than RJ.

Agree Charlie Dimmock seems uncomfortable, maybe with the selling part of the presentation.

Matt Biggs always reminds me of Victor Meldrew's neighbour.

Jude xx

Yes I agree she doesn't look comfortable, I think she's a bit self conscious which surprises me as she never came across as self conscious when she was on with Alan T and Tommy Walsh. But I still like her naturalness and how informative she is. I like Matt for the same reason.

The De Jeger man is really nice as well.

Latest posts

Back