RJ is back ............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

10 sweet peas for for over £16 incl p&p, doesn't include anything else such as baskets or trial size Flower Power. Daylight robbery plus poor growing instructions.

This is the first of my many RJ rants throughout the gardening season :devil:, apols in advance.

Linda xx

10 sweet peas for for over £16 incl p&p, doesn't include anything else such as baskets or trial size Flower Power. Daylight robbery plus poor growing instructions.

This is the first of my many RJ rants throughout the gardening season :devil:, apols in advance.

Linda xx

No need for apologies Linda, the man's a charlatan IMO.

Linda xx

and its just the start its just touched january god help us!

What a boring QVC morning,first two hours with the smarmy gnome and the yankee candles fallowed by two hours of the garden gnome with his permanent grin....

Just you wait until you get Richard Jackson jewellery next month, followed in March by his range of skin care products.

Or was I having a nightmare? I hope so.

Can't believe how RJ gets away with it qvc has made a very ordinary gardner in to some kind of guru the way JB gushes over him is pathetic even suggesting this morning he deserves a knighthood,dear god.

Awful isn't it? I can't believe QVC hasn't taken note of all the negative reaction to him and his b*****cks from last year. One weekend there was 14 hours of him followed by three TSVs in the following week, and this went on for months. Gardening has its place - in the same hole as RJ - but it's too much. Or are they doing this on purpose to punish us? He's the exception to the rule "little and often"! If QVC start the year at rock bottom then it can only be downhill from here. Bodes well doesn't it?

i am gobsmaked by the prices, i get my plants from our local indoor market, brilliant quality and so cheap, they do ready planted hanging baskets in the summer for around £6, trays of sweet peas for £3, and all the usual stuff for a very similar prices. My hardy fuchsias that set me back all of 99p per plant have flourished in their individual tubs and grow back every year. I also get stuff from Aldi and it has been wonderful quality. My lilies were from Asda and cost hardly anything and they come back year after year. Just can't understand why anyone would buy plants from Q unless they lived in the back of beyond. and the stuff gets a lot of negative reviews too

i am gobsmaked by the prices, i get my plants from our local indoor market, brilliant quality and so cheap, they do ready planted hanging baskets in the summer for around £6, trays of sweet peas for £3, and all the usual stuff for a very similar prices. My hardy fuchsias that set me back all of 99p per plant have flourished in their individual tubs and grow back every year. I also get stuff from Aldi and it has been wonderful quality. My lilies were from Asda and cost hardly anything and they come back year after year. Just can't understand why anyone would buy plants from Q unless they lived in the back of beyond. and the stuff gets a lot of negative reviews too

i'm assuming it is people in the back of beyond - or at least with no transport. a lt of people don't/can't drive and it's not easy taking trays of plants on the bus.

Can't believe how RJ gets away with it qvc has made a very ordinary gardner in to some kind of guru the way JB gushes over him is pathetic even suggesting this morning he deserves a knighthood,dear god.

I wish they wouldn't put JB on with him, I have to turn the sound down as I can't bear to listen to his arrogant voice. I know he has lots of fans but I can't stand him. RJ I can put up with as I love my garden.

Even though I love doing it I get very little time at the weekend to wander around the garden centre and zilch time Mon-Fri. So Summer 2011 I bought a few items from RJ hours and the plants were healthy and a joy to behold when they were fully grown, even OH commented - I bought plants that little bit different than usually seen anyway.

Summer 2012 I bought some more, many of them were the same varieties but the quality wasn't as good. I noticed that there were more negative reviews last year from others customers. Q seem to get something right but don't know how to sustain it. They need not to rest on their Laurels and instead listen to feedback from the customer - something they aren't that good at and has been said on here time and time again - I'm bored writing it!

Im cutting down my Q spend in 2013 so the plants will be the first to go - now if Q have read the customer right they will have predicted that this may be the case with the financial climate, negative feedback etc and will present better quality better value garden offers and probably less of them. Doesn't look that way at the price of Sweet Peas!

i'm assuming it is people in the back of beyond - or at least with no transport. a lt of people don't/can't drive and it's not easy taking trays of plants on
the bus.

i agree about transportation and maybe not having access to a local garden centre but one year a customer was proud to announce that they paid £800 on plants last summer and was invited to the gardening bash..with that money and the huge p&p charges you could charter a jet to carry your plants home!

I'm a keen gardener and while I like RJ, the prices of QVCs plants have rocketed over the last couple of years. If you wanted to buy a few sets of plants and then factor in the £3.95 postage for each set you would be paying an absolute fortune. Most plant companies only charge around £5 postage per order and some charge nothing at all. The pansies they had on today were just hugely costly.

As an aside, the flower power definintely does work - I have had great results with it on the plants I bought from the market.

CC

the prices and p&p are bad enough, but it's the complete and utter rubbish he talks about the cultivation of things that really annoys me. He never points out the pitfalls (such as lily beetle which is rife), sweetpeas needing a deep pot for long roots. This morning JB asked him when we could plant the lily bulbs out. Quick as a flash RJ said "right away" he then paused...................................................and continued "as long as your soil isn't water-logged or frozen".

I continue to watch in case I see something I really must have, and also I like some of their garden tools.

QVC are notalways cheaper than the supplier last year I ordered direct a couple of times as when including QVCs pand p it was better to go direct.

I can just about tolerate RJ but this constant pushing of his"own" plant food is awful when he tests against a plant fed with a well known brand instead of an unfed plant i will believe him,i have and get just as good results from branded products for a few pounds but hey ho if people want to buy overpriced products fair enough.

I'm a really keen gardener but I hardly ever watch the gardening shows. It might be because my focus is more on growing fruit and veg. The only gardening item I've ever bought was the weeder thing as a gift for my dad. It's OK but not as good as the modern version.

I can just about tolerate RJ but this constant pushing of his"own" plant food is awful when he tests against a plant fed with a well known brand instead of an unfed plant i will believe him,i have and get just as good results from branded products for a few pounds but hey ho if people want to buy overpriced products fair enough.

I fed my wall baskets with a £3 box of tomato food from Wilkos last summer and they were bloomin' marvellous, I really couldn't have justified spending 4 times as much for bigger flowers. Flower Power might very well be the best feed but it's too expensive for me.

I really enjoy the gardening shows with Charlie Dimmock, she gives more info in the pros and cons of plants, good clear and accurate growing tips and is not so "full of herself". I know it sounds silly but I'm more inclined to buy stuff presented by CD than I am when RJ is presenting. I don't want to switch off as I really enjoy gardening.

Linda xx

Latest posts

Back