Richard Jackson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He has just had the cheek to say to JK can i get a word in edgeways :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

I have recently grown far too many tomato plants from slicing tomato slices and putting them on compost. Ended up with far too many plants so giving then to unsuspecting friends and family, but with the ones I have left I am conducting my own clinical trial. A batch fed with flower power and a batch fed with lidl's own plant feed. I will see what does best :)

The very thought of that made me ill!! Mind you, I did catch a bit of the show this morning, with the expanding hedge-cutter thingy, and the bloke demonstrating it gave nobody the remotest chance to get a word in edgeways....even Jackie Kabler wouldn't stand a chance :giggle:
Well, today is World Naked Gardening Day. I wonder in RJ will be doing his bit.:mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
I have recently grown far too many tomato plants from slicing tomato slices and putting them on compost. Ended up with far too many plants so giving then to unsuspecting friends and family, but with the ones I have left I am conducting my own clinical trial. A batch fed with flower power and a batch fed with lidl's own plant feed. I will see what does best :)

Of course I am not going to knock 'the gnome' but I bet the results will be Lidl 1 Flower Power 0

I just caught a bit of the show with Sara Griffiths (kind of a Garden accessories show rather than plants, which was a nice change, though they did state last weekend that they were not going to sell summer plants any more as it is now too late in the season (I don't want anyone to think that I watch QVC too much :) *well maybe I do, but it is my 'white noise' machine), the people that she was on with were very patronising towards her, whether it was because she was a woman, new gardener or 'just a presenter' I am not sure, but the person selling the 'swirly planter things' (I am sure there was a more technical (or even real name for them), seemed to use her as a 'glamorous assistant (in an 80's sleazy type of way) and because Richard is a 'true gardener (ahem, sorry had to clear my throat there), then they seemed to bounce off each other at the expense of SG, the 'grumpy gardener' was not that much better. I don't normally feel sorry for any of the presenters, but in this case even an insensitive oaf like me could see that they weren't being very nice to SG.

I just caught a bit of the show with Sara Griffiths (kind of a Garden accessories show rather than plants, which was a nice change, though they did state last weekend that they were not going to sell summer plants any more as it is now too late in the season (I don't want anyone to think that I watch QVC too much :) *well maybe I do, but it is my 'white noise' machine), the people that she was on with were very patronising towards her, whether it was because she was a woman, new gardener or 'just a presenter' I am not sure, but the person selling the 'swirly planter things' (I am sure there was a more technical (or even real name for them), seemed to use her as a 'glamorous assistant (in an 80's sleazy type of way) and because Richard is a 'true gardener (ahem, sorry had to clear my throat there), then they seemed to bounce off each other at the expense of SG, the 'grumpy gardener' was not that much better. I don't normally feel sorry for any of the presenters, but in this case even an insensitive oaf like me could see that they weren't being very nice to SG.
Yes well, they say what goes around comes around. Often, SG is not very nice to and ignorant towards guests so for one I have no sympathy towards her.

Doubt it you would see his brass neck:mysmilie_17:

We see his brass neck (and others') every day of the week. How he has the cheek to accuse (ha-ha-ha humourously) other presenters of doing nothing while standing smirking with his hands in his pockets. Pots and kettles come to mind!

Yes well, they say what goes around comes around. Often, SG is not very nice to and ignorant towards guests so for one I have no sympathy towards her.

I can see that as a good point, it just was illustrated clearly to me how patronising the world of gardening can still be. No I know some may say that she may have 'deserved' this treatment and to a certain extent maybe I do agree, but it was slightly painful to watch.

I would like to see someone wipe the smug smile of the gnomes face , and remind him that he is just a jumped up gardener selling his wares on shopping telly, not someone nominated for an Oscar/ knighthood...:mysmilie_10:

I can see that as a good point, it just was illustrated clearly to me how patronising the world of gardening can still be. No I know some may say that she may have 'deserved' this treatment and to a certain extent maybe I do agree, but it was slightly painful to watch.

Couldn't have happened to a better person. Perhaps they had had enough of her talking over them with the Miss I know Best attitude she has. Wish I had seen it - I would have raised a glass!

What time was that? I'd like to watch it on catch-up!

Latest posts

Back