Richard Jackson TSV Sunday the 19th Feb

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RJ's Flower Power does have good reviews but it seems rather expensive to me especially by the time you've added on the P&P. Can anyone suggest an equivalent cheaper alternative please? I generally use the plant sticks in my hanging baskets but they seem to have shot up in price over the last couple of years.

RJ's Flower Power does have good reviews but it seems rather expensive to me especially by the time you've added on the P&P. Can anyone suggest an equivalent cheaper alternative please? I generally use the plant sticks in my hanging baskets but they seem to have shot up in price over the last couple of years.

I read a report about the potash content(which is what RJ is always banging on about) in various plant food and B&Q's own brand got excellent reviews. I bought and used this product all last summer and had great results equally as good as when I used Flower Power(and a lot cheaper) Might be worth giving it a try.

I bought this last year and switched to Miracle Grow half way through the summer so I've still got half of it left. I won't be using it again as 1) I didn't find it effective and noticed much better results when I started using MG and 2) it stained some black metal containers I had on the patio (one of them is now rusting). Overpriced (before the extortionate P&P) and doesn't do what it says on the tin. I too have heard that the B&Q one is much better and cheaper too - I might give it a try, this year.

been using b&q for the last 3 years. a which? best buy and excellent results and the price £3.69 a kilo. the only problem is it sells out so i buy 2 at a time but it lasts a whole year.
i do use spary n grow as well.

I bought the lawn magic last year, I found it to be as much use as a chocolate frying pan, so the annoying little garden gnome will get no more of my money.......

If you do succumb and decide to buy it in a moment of madness then beware it WILL stain your hands a dirty brown which just will not wash off.
I found out to my cost when it turned my hands brown just before I was due to give a new client a full body massage, not a good look.

OMG.......surely RJ & Co should mention this during the presentations and suggest wearing gloves during preparation?

I've used "own brand" plant foods from B&Q and Wilko's for years and get very good results when I use them properly and regularly. I don't see that my results could be so much better to justify paying such a lot more.

If you do succumb and decide to buy it in a moment of madness then beware it WILL stain your hands a dirty brown which just will not wash off.
I found out to my cost when it turned my hands brown just before I was due to give a new client a full body massage, not a good look.

Yes I agree. You cannot use the stuff without gloves on. Even the slightest touch of the plastic measure it comes with will leave a brown mark. Yuk.

I've used Phostrogen for years on everything, veg, flowers, fruit, houseplants & always had terrific results.you can get it really cheap on offer in places like Morrisons, cut price shops & garden centres.
I get through so much with over an acre of garden I wouldn't dream of paying the extortionate price of QVC's stuff.

I also noticed him flogging sacks of potting compost for tubs etc - 80 litres for £12 odd plus p&p !!!!!!!!!!!

Round my way we have a local man who delivers all sorts of soils, gravel, turf etc. Last year we bought 5 of his 70 litre sacks of potting compost for £13, delivered free. That means the QVC stuff is 5 times the price. My neighbour called him to order my and her soil one Sat morning and he popped round with them that afternoon and carried mine into the back for me. I do like to support local traders.

That's SO helpful & cheap too.

I usually resort to those big bales from B&Q for pots & tubs.
I notice Aldi have started to get their gardening stuff in this week. fruit trees for £3.99, bet QVC couldn't match that!

Latest posts

Back