Reviews

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

MaryA

Guest Shopper
Considering how many items are supposedly sold, I'm surprised just how few reviews there are for some items. Looking at fashion for example, how can items listed as best sellers have just ONE review? Amazon ask for reviews and get them. It helps other potential purchasers make an informed decision. Most companies chase reviews. I could make an obvious reason why QVC don't. :grin:

You have to consider whether you can be a***d when you know you are likely to get an email saying that your review has infringed their guidelines!

You have to consider whether you can be a***d when you know you are likely to get an email saying that your review has infringed their guidelines!

Well said - in a nutshell!

I always used to write reviews. I relied on them before purchase so it seemed only fair to do my bit.
However, they rejected my review for Judith Williams' collagen pen because I said it made my eyes puffy.
Whenever I see an opportunity to write that ^ I do!

Independent review adjudicator we are led to believe. mmm

Last edited:

Yes, am with you there Mrsmouse... I too have had a few reviews rejected and cannot understand why and I have also telephoned them to find out what I have done so 'wrong' and they were not able to tell me- argh!!

I want to read good AND bad reviews so I can make a decision on whether it is worth buying. However, that said, I have given up buying 'fashion' from them as their flipping sizes are a nightmare to figure out. Just today for example, I was watching the Annalee & Hope show and Cathy says for people to go with their regular sizes, ie, if you are a large, then buy a large!! huh!! how many shops do this instead of size 10, 12, 14 etc..... I would like to be able to purchase an item in the CORRECT size so I feel that I am not wasting P&P BOTH ways!!!!!!!!!!!! when reading their sizes on the website, they do not make sense as some of the clothes vary so much in inches and that is BETWEEN the same designer!! also, even though I may think 'oh yes, this may fit in xxx inches, the presenter then goes on to say that they are wearing, for example, a size small which is a 30" bust and they are a size 16 usually!! how on earth are we supposed to order from them when NOTHING makes sense

I recently wrote a review for the La Dea shapewear (it's called something fancy now, can't remember). It's not been posted, possibly because it was only one star, the item didn'tdo the promised job and was nowhere near worth £56. There was another review that was already there for one star and that seems to have disappeared as well. I also wrote a one star review for a Kim & Co top that was posted but then removed a couple of weeks later. Looks like they might be doctoring the reviews to just show the good ones - even although they say they post good and bad. If there's too many bad they probably have to pull a few or loads of products would gather dust in the warehouse.

As for sizing, Catherine said she was wearing a size small in those hideous shiny leggings and she was a size 12. Then she proceeded to say the size small was a 24" waist! Sorry Catherine, if you've got a 24" waist then I would say you are a size 6-8. Probably fatter then you'd like but there we go.

Last edited:
Yep they refused one of my posts too & it was a 1 star, (well there's a surprise lol)! Credit where it's due if something's outstanding & a good price I'm happy to give 5 stars. From now on every review I write I copy & save it in my documents on my computer also. So now I'm going to play the blighters at their own game. If they can't tell me why a low rated review was rejected & I can't see why then I'm going to forward it to those nice people at the ASA, their regulator & see what they make of it LOL! If we all do likewise they may think twice prior to rejecting reviews because they don't like them, QVC BOSSES THAT'S BUSINESS I'M AFRAID! Actually removing reviews is a disgrace & even if you haven't got a copy I'd still report it. Anyone "tinkering" with public reviews based purely on getting rid of ones with low ratings is clearly misleading the public & a downright cheek if that's the only reason in my opinion!

I always like watching Qvc online coz in the box that shows Qvc it tells u the review rating for each product. Some of the major brands products that the presenters and guests claim are really popular and amazing have rubbish reviews, course they never mention this on air or they read out the 5 star ones

The sneakiest thing in my mind is the stuff offered in clearance with no reviews showing whatsoever!

How they have the nerve to tag a coat with a 40.5" (102.8cm) chest as XS is beyond me too.

The sneakiest thing in my mind is the stuff offered in clearance with no reviews showing whatsoever!

How they have the nerve to tag a coat with a 40.5" (102.8cm) chest as XS is beyond me too.

Don't start me on about their idea of XS its a high street 14 in most cases. Yet another thing that bugs me.

I used to chuckle when the lovely Sara Griffiths had to wear the TSV.
"Swamped" didn't cut it.
Now she really was "An extra small ...."

I've had several 1 or 2 star reviews rejected. I was when I said you could buy similar in the £ shop. Apparently you mustn't compare with competitors. I don't bother now but then i buy so little from them nowadays.

I recently recieved an email to say they were unable to post a review I had written (a 5* one) as it infringed some guideline or another.
I was a little surprised as I had already seen it in print and it was still there last time I looked......:smirk:

Bad reviews have saved me a lot of money! I ordered the NN towels, read the reviews afterwards, which were terrible, and was able to cancel in time. must say I don't really think you can trust them. Sometimes the presents say a product has had marvellous reviews, when you go to see them, there are also some bad ones! how honest is that?

I have written a lot of reviews in my time with Q a mixture of good and bad. Two were rejected as I made reference to other products (not in a disparaging way), a couple were printed but later mysteriously disappeared in the transfer to the new website which is annoying.

I don't post reviews any more as I won't have anything to do with the new website.

I like Dennis Basso XS which is about a 42" which means I can be XS when I wear it, even though I'm really a 12-14 :mysmilie_5: (I don't even eat choccies and stuff lol - just cheese and crisps :glass: oh yeah, and wine)

CC (fatty)

Latest posts

Back