Red Manicure TSV Order - You may not get what you expected!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lovely nails Nikki, now I am tempted to take off the french and try another colour with a bit of nail art :giggle:

Oo you ladies are so clever!
I have loads of nail gems from eBay which stay on a normal nail varnish a couple of days with 2 coats of top coat (LD crystal finish) but then they ping off!
I have so many LD polishes im so glad you clever lot have worked out how to use them with RCM
Just have to wait to see what arrives, if it arrives :(
Oooo hurry up i want to have a go! ( so does my sister and my 2 teenage daughters but im first)

Lovely nails Nikki, now I am tempted to take off the french and try another colour with a bit of nail art :giggle:

Thank you Sparkles, BB & Sausage :). I was surprised how easy it was. There's a UK supplier on Ebay who does the glitter. I bought 4 packs at 99p each & they arrived the next day with free p&p. I got the idea having seen a couple of kits on the RCM website. The sets were £25 each and were good value as the one I liked also came with 2 silver polishes, in slightly different shades. When I looked at the glitter that also came with the kit to me it just looked like normal fine glitter so I decided to improvise & it worked. :wink:
£4 is a bit different to £25 plus I was able to choose the glitter colours. They're all lovely too. I'm going to have a go at the irridecent lavender next time. The little bags the glitter comes in are resealable and ideal to gently dip your nails in. Just wash & dry hands thoroughly when it's dry before you apply the RCM top coat as that will avoid loose glitter getting in your top coat bottle.

Oooh just scrolled back & seen yours BB, VERY PRETTY! I may have to expand my newly discovered nail art to include transfers!! :)

Sorry to all the ladies who are still waiting for yours. Stick with it is my advice, it will be worth the wait :nod:

Last edited:
I do have lots of glitter Nikki, I am a nail polish collector. Love nails and nail art. Have enough to last a few generations :thinking: I love the foils too, I have the ones qvc used to do. Now am wondering if foils would work with RCM?

Thank you sausage :flower:

I do have lots of glitter Nikki, I am a nail polish collector. Love nails and nail art. Have enough to last a few generations :thinking: I love the foils too, I have the ones qvc used to do. Now am wondering if foils would work with RCM?

Thank you sausage :flower:

I think the foils would work BB. I used to love the Special FX range Q used to do! I particularly liked the french lace and tiny dragonfly & bird transfers they used to sell. I just can't find them anymore :(. I still have some of the foils/transfers just don't have the glue. I'd give them a go if I did find the glue again, everyone used to think I'd paid a small fortune to have it professionally done, they had no idea it was transfers until I told them.

I've seen people online use Martha Stewart craft glitter and apparently it works really well, so I'm looking forward to trying that!

Order still in process, I have emailed CS to ask when I can expect my order as I placed my order when the item was in stock and it will now arrive well outside the 3-5 days quoted. We'll see what they say!

pretty

Thanks for the piccies, ladies. Nice!!! Appreciate any hints/tips you may share. Does this system stop nails from breaking? Beading and stamping's something I've not done, but I love looking at OoohShinies site etc and maybe one day I'll try it. x Snarly

I think the foils would work BB. I used to love the Special FX range Q used to do! I particularly liked the french lace and tiny dragonfly & bird transfers they used to sell. I just can't find them anymore :(. I still have some of the foils/transfers just don't have the glue. I'd give them a go if I did find the glue again, everyone used to think I'd paid a small fortune to have it professionally done, they had no idea it was transfers until I told them.

I have the glue but haven't used for a while so will check if its ok. I think Argos did foils/glue. Maybe worth a look.

Thank you Snarly, this is the first time I have used RCM or gel polishes so time will tell if they strength the nails or make them worse!

Last edited:
Oooh thanks BB I will check out Argos. :clapping: My glue was well past it's best was when I tried it some time ago. It was a bit of a disaster & I had to remove it so threw it away.

Snarly, I'm not sure but I had a nail that was just starting to snag at the side. Usually that's the end of it & they break off pretty soon afterwards. I used the RCM base & top coat and it does appear to have sealed it. :wink: It's very strong when after it's set.

Thanks Nikki and Beading Belle. Lovely nails. I'm jealous. I'd love to have nice nails. Mine don't seem to grow very fast.

Mine arrived, French, as ordered (I think) :headbang:

It is so much quicker and easier than I expected I am thrilled with my 1st attempt.......BUT!!!!

Trying to do my free edge, I got some under the nail/on the skin.

Is my only option to soak the whole nail off?

Or is there a quicker way to remove the excess now I have cured it??? :thinking:

Mine arrived, French, as ordered (I think) :headbang:

It is so much quicker and easier than I expected I am thrilled with my 1st attempt.......BUT!!!!

Trying to do my free edge, I got some under the nail/on the skin.

Is my only option to soak the whole nail off?

Or is there a quicker way to remove the excess now I have cured it??? :thinking:

I got a bit of the top coat under my nails on a couple. I gently put my one of my other nails underneath and managed to break it away from the skin. After a bit of wear and a few hand washes & showers/baths I think it should just come away, fingers crossed, excuse the pun x.

I got a bit of the top coat under my nails on a couple. I gently put my one of my other nails underneath and managed to break it away from the skin. After a bit of wear and a few hand washes & showers/baths I think it should just come away, fingers crossed, excuse the pun x.

Thanks Nikki - I hoped it might come away and save me removing it.

I would cross my fingers......but I might get them stuck together!! I am a total failure with nails!! :happy:

Just had an automated call from Qvc.It said that I will get my order,but it is delayed and will be with me by March 1st.
I am not happy,it could be another 10 days before I get it.I will be asking for my postage back that's for sure!!

That's crazy Pauline! Surely it doesn't take them that long to change the orders around! Yes deffo e-mail/call Q & demand a p&p refund if it arrives that late. Hey, it may take a few extra days but it may well save you £6.95 :) x

You can buy nice nail stickers in Superdrug - they have little flowers and butterflies - I think they were a quid or so a pack. In case any of you don't want to get them off ebay (or can't wait). I haven't tried them myself yet.

You will find that your nails grow really long when you start using the RCM as they rarely break. I find I have to keep cutting mine now. If you do get a small break just stick it together with some base coat.

For the top coat under the free edge - just use one of the sticks which come with the kit and 'pick' it out. You should be able to get any off the skin that is not actually attached to a nail. Next time just use a very small amount and when you have taken the brush out really clean it off on the bottle before applying. You can then almost do all the nails without going back into the bottle. Always remember THIN is best. I find for base and topcoat, just blob a small amount on each nail first then go back and smooth it out, that way you don't get too much.

Thanks Rosey, really appreciate your tips :clapping:. Thanks to your advice I tried using my regular white tip polish & it worked a treat :wink: x

Oh yes, I will use the cuticle oil or my decleor oil as that's very good several times a day as you advised too & moisturise my nails thoroughly overnight inbetween each application.

Last edited:
Thank you for all thr tips, I can't wait to try normal polish, sandwich between RCM base coat and top coat. Does the normal polish take longer to dry than usual?

Just had an automated call from Qvc.It said that I will get my order,but it is delayed and will be with me by March 1st.
I am not happy,it could be another 10 days before I get it.I will be asking for my postage back that's for sure!!

Great, I bet mine's going to be the same. I thought they were going to make up for their shambles but it seems they can't be bothered to make sure all customers get good service.

Latest posts

Back