Re-invention of Liz Earle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why do I think that Michelle Mone and Liz Earle are out of the same mould with their smiles for the camera and hard as nails business approach - oh, but then they are the ones laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm horrified that she tells people to use coconut oil in homemade rinse-off scrubs.

I assume she pays to have someone to come and clean her drains out after they've been clogged with it, and doesn't have to throw caustic chemicals down to clear the blockages it causes when it solidifies.

I use a little in my hair now and then, but always make sure I use hot water and detergent after rinsing. Advice heeded from my cousin who gets called out to clean up shower drains that have slowed/blocked by it partially melting then going hard when it gets cool.

For someone who is supposedly eco-friendly, she certainly doesn't look at the environmental problems caused when people have to use drain un-blocker!

I used it as a hair treatment once, but made the mistake of using too much. It took me ages to rinse it out. I shall stick to my Ojon. Just reminded me, I need to put some coconut oil on my boxer's nose. It is effective for dogs, ears, paws.

I know that before she sold to Avon Liz Earle wrote a book (or books) about skin care that included making your own. It was sold on Q. Skin secrets I think, and a vital oils one. They are still for sale on amazon.so what she is doing in the daily fail is really nothing new She always said
natural source vitamin E was what they used in her skincare range so it makes sense to advise those seeking to make their own skincare to split open a vitamin E capsule.

Liz Earle is one of those people who has enough money to disappear off our screens and news articles....but wont.

She's like one of those annoying eye twitches,just when you feel ****** relieved it's gone it returns and is even more irritating than before!

Oh but it does...we all know how Lulu owes her "clingfilm-stretched-over-a-bowl" visage to a few pots of gloop, carbomer and parabens. About 15 years ago she discovered the secret of eternal youth and decided to flog it on the telly to benefit all womankind. The surgeon's knife and botox needle has nothing to do with it. Dear old Lulu with her "Youth Juice," Tova with her "Cactine" concoction - and Liz with her potions. They're all a bit like televangelists banging their drum. Millions choose to believe simply because they would rather do that than simply let nature take its course and wither their countenance to the resemblance of shrivelled damsons! These potions literally provide "hope in a jar" (ooh, I forgot Philosophy does that too). I can't believe people are so gullible as to buy into advertising / marketing to the extent they do. It astonishes me that people don't question how these septuagenarian / octogenarian grannies have managed to defy gravity? Maybe Tova's been sleeping upside-down like a fruit bat for the past 5 decades? Or is it more likely she's had work done? Don't get me wrong, I think she's a nice lady, however she's one of a bunch that are all rather too coy about their surgeries for my liking. Lulu is by far the worst. Maybe her plastic surgery happened by accident when her surgeon just removed a few sagging flaps of skin after tripped up on her ego and smashed her face in!

Very astute comparison, there, Julius. In both cases you really have to take it on faith that things are working, as there is only "proof" for the most imaginative interpretations of the before and after pictures, or those who take the word of the expert guest at face value.

But how much product would they shift if they all succumbed to a dose of honesty and told us "what you put on your face is only going to help slow things down at best, oh, and anything more drastic is likely to be accomplished on a surgeon's table... just like me". Be wonderful to see it, though!

Interesting to hear that she wouldn't share a dressing room with AY. It struck me as odd when I started watching Q, around 1999, that LE and AY didn't do a show together - it was well into the 2000s before they did. Maybe there was beef between them - oh to have been a fly on the wall when they were both in Q Towers!

Interesting to hear that she wouldn't share a dressing room with AY. It struck me as odd when I started watching Q, around 1999, that LE and AY didn't do a show together - it was well into the 2000s before they did. Maybe there was beef between them - oh to have been a fly on the wall when they were both in Q Towers!

I have read on here that there was indeed some friction. I can't remember if it was AY refusing to work with LE or the other way around.

But I'm not finding it remotely credible though about LE refusing to share a dressing room with AY if that is at QVC. Presenters are paired up for dressing rooms with other presenters, and AY shares with Jilly Halliday. Guests have other dressing rooms for guests only.

Other sharers: Debbie Flint and Chloe Everton. Not sure who Julia Roberts shares with these days - it was Anna Cookson, since then not sure. Think Claire Sutton shares with Jackie Kabler. Dale and Charlie share a dressing room, I believe.

Very astute comparison, there, Julius. In both cases you really have to take it on faith that things are working, as there is only "proof" for the most imaginative interpretations of the before and after pictures, or those who take the word of the expert guest at face value.

But how much product would they shift if they all succumbed to a dose of honesty and told us "what you put on your face is only going to help slow things down at best, oh, and anything more drastic is likely to be accomplished on a surgeon's table... just like me". Be wonderful to see it, though!

Yes it would be interesting. I think in some ways selly telly is a form of evangelism / ecapism. It's like watching a film or a soap on TV. We suspend our disbelief, however unlike a film or a novel or whatever, these presenters and guests often make repeat appearances, in some cases over many years, forge a sort of weird symbiotic relationships / connections with the viewers into whose living rooms they are beamed talking live and "spontaneously." Familiarity brings also some kind of trust factor. We're more likely to buy gold from Jan Springer than some bloke flogging a bracelet down the pub. I just wonder to what extent the semi-mediated selly telly blurs the lines and how many people are taken in by some of the frankly spurious claims and strongly-hinted-at implications / suggestions on channels like QVC. On this forum we all like to laugh at the sillier side of this with a healthy dose of wry cynicism, yet there is a flip side to it all. Some people are really easily manipulated. I'm not a fan of the "nanny state" approach however in the case of Lulu et al I do feel she ought to be MADE to disclose every single bit of cosmetic surgery and treatment she's had in order for us to assess the "hints" that her looks are all down to the pots of perfumed, paraben-laden gloop she peddles with astonishing vigour. Believe me if all she'd slathered on was that rubbish she'd be looking more like "Churchy," the Churchill bulldog by now. I'm sure if the soon-to-be septuagenarian Shout singer were quizzed a little more closely on her surgery she'd...shout. And as for Tova, I bet you anything she'd become more prickly than the cacti from which her potions are derived!

I once saw Steve Whatley on a documentary about shopping channels.
He said he could sell snow to Eskimoes.....there you have it in a nutshell, if the presenter/guest has the spiel and a certain persona, they can sell anything, and there are those that will buy because they believe every word that they say.

I once saw Steve Whatley on a documentary about shopping channels.
He said he could sell snow to Eskimoes.....there you have it in a nutshell, if the presenter/guest has the spiel and a certain persona, they can sell anything, and there are those that will buy because they believe every word that they say.

I'm horrified that she tells people to use coconut oil in homemade rinse-off scrubs.

I assume she pays to have someone to come and clean her drains out after they've been clogged with it, and doesn't have to throw caustic chemicals down to clear the blockages it causes when it solidifies.

I use a little in my hair now and then, but always make sure I use hot water and detergent after rinsing. Advice heeded from my cousin who gets called out to clean up shower drains that have slowed/blocked by it partially melting then going hard when it gets cool.

For someone who is supposedly eco-friendly, she certainly doesn't look at the environmental problems caused when people have to use drain un-blocker!

Alter you should try the Inecto coconut shampoo / conditioner (you can get it from Savers). I have very dry hair so I really like it. My ex girlfriend (who was half Nigerian) liked it on her hair type too. The shampoo we use is about all we have in common these days :(

http://www.inecto.co.uk/assets/images/products/coconut/coconut-shampoo.png

i think liz needs to stop making perfumes the last one is not nice at all cant stomach it.

She's come full circle. I have her book from 1996 on my shelf (New Natural Beauty I think it's called) full of tips and skin care recipes, the likes of which she is spouting on day time telly now. Funny old world!

I'm not keen on Ms snooty Liz Earle however her Cleanse & Polish / skin repair light did do wonders for my skin.

Latest posts

Back