Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lots of fun on the watch show today !
Peter said that anyone who buys the Buran Stingray should immediately have it professionally valued- Kevin nearly had another heart attack ' No ! No! …. they won't know what it is !'
Within minutes Peter was telling us that the Douglas DC- 3 was a biplane.
Last night Peter shouted , of the TCL 10 smartphone, 'THIS IS A SEVEN HUNDRED POUND PHONE'.
This list price appears to be £399.
Where are the in house ASA compliance officers they are always telling us about ?

Lots of fun on the watch show today !
Peter said that anyone who buys the Buran Stingray should immediately have it professionally valued- Kevin nearly had another heart attack ' No ! No! …. they won't know what it is !'
Within minutes Peter was telling us that the Douglas DC- 3 was a biplane.
Last night Peter shouted , of the TCL 10 smartphone, 'THIS IS A SEVEN HUNDRED POUND PHONE'.
This list price appears to be £399.
Where are the in house ASA compliance officers they are always telling us about ?

On lockdown

More misinformation from the Horology experts.

They said you won't get the ETA 2834 outside the Swatch group of brands and you'll see those watches in Jewelers shops costing £5,000 or £6,000. Well, might not be 100% correct here, but i'm pretty sure, the high end swatch brands don't actually use the ETA2834, Tudor use it but they're not in the Swatch group, the Swatch group brands that do use it are Hamilton, Tissot and Certina, and most of the watches using that movement are cheaper than the £800 that the Aviator Douglas costs.

OOH, a jacket with Aviator on the back:cool: How cool will you look walking down the high street with one of those on:rolleyes:
Well at least it will be easy to spot Dave Loydon (y)

Screenshot_2020-05-23 Collectable Timepieces BlockBuster 19 30 23 05 2020 IW Ideal World.png

And since Dave is happy with 'Any name' on the jacket, perhaps it could be something like Adolf Hitler, Jimmy Savile or Fred West? :ROFLMAO:

Why do they keep spouting the rubbish that you won't get the ETA 2834, or any ETA again. Kevin Reynolds said look into that movement, it may be the last time you see that ETA 2834 day flag movement, of course you will still see it if you buy one of the 40 different Tissot, Certina and Hamilton watches that use that movement. Hamilton's popular Khaki King watches use it.

Well at least it will be easy to spot Dave Loydon (y)

View attachment 18886

And since Dave is happy with 'Any name' on the jacket, perhaps it could be something like Adolf Hitler, Jimmy Savile or Fred West? :ROFLMAO:

Thought i heard them say, large & Xlarge was the sizes they had, think Dave would need bigger than that.

"Get in touch with the Studio", yeah that should actually read "Get in touch with the Studio, all emails containing complimentary comments and oozing lashings of brown nosing are very welcome, any emails containing factually correct information contradicting our Experts & Presenters are unwanted and will be ignored.";)

OOH, a jacket with Aviator on the back:cool: How cool will you look walking down the high street with one of those on:rolleyes:

I'll have you know myself and 5 of my mates all have and proudly wear these Aviator jackets in public. We are aged between 45 - 85. We go around town on our eBikes, bought from IW obviously, and cause mayhem by doing things like holding the queue up by 2-3 mins in Greggs taking our time to decide between buying custard slices or apple pie. We carry a boom box with us, turned all the way up to 4 on the volume (knob goes from 1-10), blaring out Aled Jones' greatest hits.

People steer well clear of us, obviously because they think we are hard men! Can't think of any other reason. DON'T MESS WITH THE AVIATOR CREW!!!

Shaun's on with Renault waterless wax, claims biggest savings they've ever given with Renault. :rolleyes:

Well that's a big fat lie for a start.

Today's price for a 5 Litre + a 1 Litre - £19.99 + £3.99 p & p = £23.98 for 6 Litres

They've sold Renault recently at 2 x 5 Litres for £20 & free Postage. = £20 for 10 Litres

Oh now we have Alan Ennis, with usual Vostok watch plug, the waterless wax expert who is usually flogging, the only cleaner he uses on his car as it's the best, Williams waterless wax. Wonder which brand will be the best the day. ;)

Alan said he uses it on the in the inside of the car as well, well Alan, if you only use Williams on your car as you've stated before, how can you be using the Renault?

Well Shaun just said, we have had Williams before, but this Renault is the premium, so there you have it Alan, Renault is the best, best change your script for the next Williams show. ;)

Just editing to add, has everybody noticed the amount of times lately they are stating the many new viewers they have.

Alan - "from the Renault formula 1 team, it is brilliant, trust me, this is the one product in all my years demonstrating, that I cannot tell you how good it is, it's much better than i can every show you"

Not a chance in hell.

Shaun - "It's the best waterless wax we've done, it's premium, by far"(Alan in background "unbelievable").

Wonder what this pair will be saying the next time they do Williams. ;)

I turned off as soon I heard a drill show was coming on, really, really can't stand the guy.

You really should watch the show. You DO realise these are thee best drill bits on the planet bar none? Rolls Royce use them to precision drill components, as do Airbus, Rolex and NASA to name but a few.

WRT to the anmazing Aviator jacket (I still cannot believe they managed to give this away). Does anyone know where it's produced? Jerrmyn Street, London? Paris? New York? Milan. Well done to all who managed to secure an example.

Drill bits: I thought George Formby was going to burst into song with excitement as he witnessed these fantastic drills being put through their paces. I bet he had his uke somewhere close at hand.

See we're getting the continuing saga (complete with lies) with Mason's watch, still hasn't got it, even though it didn't sell out on Friday as he claims, it was on their web site for sale after the show finished and on Saturday, plus it was on shows yesterday for sale before it finally sold out.

See we're getting the continuing saga (complete with lies) with Mason's watch, still hasn't got it, even though it didn't sell out on Friday as he claims, it was on their web site for sale after the show finished and on Saturday, plus it was on shows yesterday for sale before it finally sold out.

All jokes aside, it's pathetic really. I suppose they must work on the logic that each show will have x% new viewers, so the continuing repetition of their verbal guff is new to at least some of these watching.

Peter Simon is murdering Kevin Reynolds story about the movement in the Aviator Douglas, he says it’s the ETA 2824, it’s the ETA 2834 ya numpty, 2824 is date only movement, 2834 has day and date, and you'll still get it as loads of affordable Swatch Brands watches have this movement in them and will continue to have.

And why does he keep mentioning this movement and Rolex, Rolex don’t use ETA movements, they make their own movements. Tudor Glamour uses it, but they range from £2000 - £3000, not £6000-£10,000 and more that Peter Simon is saying.

He has the Almaz but isn’t sure of the movement in it, thinks it’s Seiko, then checks and it’s a Citizen, and he’s been selling watches for 30 odd years and claims to know a lot about watches, yet he doesn’t even know about the watch he owns.

Price is wrong malarkey again.

Latest posts

Back