Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't buy the Phoenix Gold Iron from Ideal World (on today at various times). It's cheaper in Argos and comes with cheaper, faster delivery too. It's cheaper again from Dunelm : -

Ideal World - £39.99 & £4.99 P&P
Argos - £37.99 & £3.95 P&P Same Day Delivery or buy in store
Dunelm - £32.99 & £3.95 P&P or buy in store

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/phoenix-gold-ceramic-steam-iron-plus-mystery-gift-377268?referrer=search&fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Phoenix%20gold

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerm/Phoenix+gold.htm

http://www.dunelm.com/product/jml-phoenix-gold-ceramic-steam-iron-1000068152

Argos is part of the reason why I don't bother with IW anymore. The prices are cheaper and you can receive goods the same day. That is a PROPER service for you!

Argos is part of the reason why I don't bother with IW anymore. The prices are cheaper and you can receive goods the same day. That is a PROPER service for you!

Like all Selly Telly channels they don't exactly sell many branded products anyway but I expect Ideal World to increasingly rely on no name, unbranded goods going forward.

I agree about service, all the Selly Telly Channels get away with derisory service compared to the real world such as snails pace, expensive delivery.

Always capped, same day or next day delivery (otherwise free delivery) is what I look for and expect :mysmilie_59:

Is it a coincidence that so many presenters have left c&c to join the craft channel at more or less the same time?

There are lots of coincidences at Ideal World : -

Like BIG BRODEL and Roly Poly Remblance are svelte and lithe because of their years of using Health Cookers et al
Like Doddy Flump Rick Hay is an Australian Adonis because of his years of healthy eating and exercise
Like SCHLOCKO looks so youthful and fresh because of his years of using top quality skin products
Like Sally Ellie May Clampett Jacks always looks so 'on trend' because of her Fashionista credentials

Oh, hang about :mysmilie_59:

There are lots of coincidences at Ideal World : -

Like BIG BRODEL and Roly Poly Remblance are svelte and lithe because of their years of using Health Cookers et al
Like Doddy Flump Rick Hay is an Australian Adonis because of his years of healthy eating and exercise
Like SCHLOCKO looks so youthful and fresh because of his years of using top quality skin products
Like Sally Ellie May Clampett Jacks always looks so 'on trend' because of her Fashionista credentials

Oh, hang about :mysmilie_59:

Hilarious! :mysmilie_17:

In my experience, Argos take things back with no fuss if I've had a faulty product. That is worth a lot to me as I can't stand stress!

One phrase I ****** dislike immensely is, for example ''Iv worked with fashion for years'' or ''Iv worked with diamonds for years''

worked with?

What does that even mean..... that you have sold it on shopping tv for years? That makes you about as much of an expert as I am through watching it surely?

Sally Jaxx and Peter Simon say these sorts of things constantly. It's such an empty saying.

One phrase I ****** dislike immensely is, for example ''Iv worked with fashion for years'' or ''Iv worked with diamonds for years''

worked with?

What does that even mean..... that you have sold it on shopping tv for years? That makes you about as much of an expert as I am through watching it surely?

Sally Jaxx and Peter Simon say these sorts of things constantly. It's such an empty saying.

Indeed Mr T.

Empty sayings from empty vessels that always make the most sound :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Do you remember when Sally Jaxx brought out a fashion range on bid?

I won't bring up the Peter Simon figurine.

The 'Sally Jacks X' range was the flagship brand of clothing at Bid TV, much like 'Sugar Crisp' is at Ideal World.

Nanty is wearing a pinny again, he often does when he's presenting in the kitchen. The duty cook never seems to wears one.

He must think it appeals to his admirers :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Like all Selly Telly channels they don't exactly sell many branded products anyway but I expect Ideal World to increasingly rely on no name, unbranded goods going forward.

I agree about service, all the Selly Telly Channels get away with derisory service compared to the real world such as snails pace, expensive delivery.

Always capped, same day or next day delivery (otherwise free delivery) is what I look for and expect :mysmilie_59:

I agree - There's not much to be said about shopping channels any more. The "entertaining" ones - Shop! remember them? and the bids are all gone. Possibly IW in scooping up those left over presenters thought they'd be preserving that, however forgetting that most of the entertainment came from their interractions with the assistants (Marina Berry and the like) who they got rid of cause they couldn't afford to keep them on, and among the presenters they did pick up were the utter worst, most unfunny, unpleasant people to ever grace our screens!
The products were once innovative - Eg George Foreman grills, bullet blenders, steam cleaners and not readily available on the high street, often there were things that you could normally only buy in the USA, fashion has always been bad, but at least you could say that they stocked sizes that weren't readily available elsewhere.
They've now got far too much competition from online retailers, not only that most of the dreaded high street (remember the horror stories lol?!) is available online and like you say prices are competitive, delivery is much quicker and much cheaper and most importantly returns are usually free. If these channels are going to survive the current climate they really need to up their game as there's only so long they're going to be able to dine out on the fact that they offer the customer a demonstration of the goods, a 30 day free trial or what have you and unique products. Let's face it who doesn't watch the demo and then go straight to google and find the best deal (which 9 times out of 10 won't be them), and with the trials people are waking up to the fact that they'll lose a fair bit of cash sending stuff back when they'll possibly lose a fiver in p&p and then have to shell out even more to get it sent back, and that's not the mention a costly phone call to c/s on top of all that and an oft times lengthy wait for a refund.
As for unique products, that's also on the wane, you only have to look at IW's dwindling product base to see that's a thing of the past too.
They definitely need a major overhaul if they're going to survive - Personally I think IW will be gone in the next 2 years at least!

Shreque really is unpleasant isn't he? Slimy and oily, so very schlocky.

Much like a Creepy Used Car Salesman.

Hideous :down:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

IW have always tried to keep costs low, but I think it's getting worse. I wonder if the ex-Bid presenters are cheaper to employ than the original IW team, and that is the reason we are seeing a steady stream of departures from the originals?

The ridiculously limited number of products that come to air suggests to me that they are the only products whose companies are prepared to pay for airtime... everyone else has to fend for themselves on the website...

Many of the brands will still be seen out and about at various shows around the countries... often with the same presenters you see on air at IW (and also some of the QVC brands too). I went to Hampton Court Flower Show last Sunday, and there was Moira C in the Country Living marquee (which cannot have been cheap) doing an inexhaustible selling job on the scarflaces. I find her a bit over-the-top, but I cannot help admire her energy... she was very slick, and very well groomed. If she was doing that all week, I hope she had some time off this week. By the time I got over to the food, the Simple Simon Pies (as sold on QVC had shut up shop, presumably sold out...) - last year they had the young lady (daughter of the brand owner) on the counter selling the pies... I don't watch enough of the gardening gadgets to recognise if any selly telly brand guests were strutting their stuff...

IW have always tried to keep costs low, but I think it's getting worse. I wonder if the ex-Bid presenters are cheaper to employ than the original IW team, and that is the reason we are seeing a steady stream of departures from the originals?

The ridiculously limited number of products that come to air suggests to me that they are the only products whose companies are prepared to pay for airtime... everyone else has to fend for themselves on the website...

Many of the brands will still be seen out and about at various shows around the countries... often with the same presenters you see on air at IW (and also some of the QVC brands too). I went to Hampton Court Flower Show last Sunday, and there was Moira C in the Country Living marquee (which cannot have been cheap) doing an inexhaustible selling job on the scarflaces. I find her a bit over-the-top, but I cannot help admire her energy... she was very slick, and very well groomed. If she was doing that all week, I hope she had some time off this week. By the time I got over to the food, the Simple Simon Pies (as sold on QVC had shut up shop, presumably sold out...) - last year they had the young lady (daughter of the brand owner) on the counter selling the pies... I don't watch enough of the gardening gadgets to recognise if any selly telly brand guests were strutting their stuff...

I suspect they have hired the ex Bid goons on the cheap (and jeez they are cheap). Maybe, like at Craft, they'll slowly but surely possibly edge out all the established Ideal World goons (that's if the channel lasts that long).

They're advertising for Floor Managers, £15,500 PA. I wonder if they've perhaps canned the established production staff so they can get people in on such appallingly low wages?

£15,500 is not that much over Living Wage is it? BIG BRODEL could spend that much on Sugar Puffs :mysmilie_13:

http://www.idealshoppingdirect.co.uk/job/jobfloor-manager-ideal-world/

Get this.

Now they're shilling flat out, completely Plastic Chairs. They're not even shat Bonded 'Leather'.

£470 :mysmilie_13:

image.jpg

Get this.

Now they're shilling flat out, completely Plastic Chairs. They're not even shat Bonded 'Leather'.

£470 :mysmilie_13:

View attachment 11989

"Natural Collection" :mysmilie_19:

"Upholstered" :mysmilie_15:

:mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

The old Bid TV was better than this. Seriously. (Unless my mind's playing tricks.)

"Natural Collection" :mysmilie_19:

"Upholstered" :mysmilie_15:

:mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

The old Bid TV was better than this. Seriously. (Unless my mind's playing tricks.)

Dreadful isn't it?

You can see what's happening here. What little branded stuff they sell is often being beaten by others, in some cases by a mile.

It's gonna be more no name potions, more plop pleather and more baggy polyester and it'll be even more expensive to get it sent to you, slowly.

It's grim :mysmilie_59:

Dreadful isn't it?

You can see what's happening here. What little branded stuff they sell is often being beaten by others, in some cases by a mile.

It's gonna be more no name potions, more plop pleather and more baggy polyester and it'll be even more expensive to get it sent to you, slowly.

It's grim :mysmilie_59:

I don't think it will be too long before we see the branded Rattan furniture replaced with the "Crawley Garden Collection"...cra.jpg

I suspect they have hired the ex Bid goons on the cheap (and jeez they are cheap). Maybe, like at Craft, they'll slowly but surely possibly edge out all the established Ideal World goons (that's if the channel lasts that long).

They're advertising for Floor Managers, £15,500 PA. I wonder if they've perhaps canned the established production staff so they can get people in on such appallingly low wages?

£15,500 is not that much over Living Wage is it? BIG BRODEL could spend that much on Sugar Puffs :mysmilie_13:

http://www.idealshoppingdirect.co.uk/job/jobfloor-manager-ideal-world/

They are exploiting youngsters who want to get on the media career ladder. I bet they have unpaid interns as well. I imagine their staff turnover off-camera is extremely high.

Either that or their off-camera staff are monkeys... because that's what you get if you pay peanuts!

Latest posts

Back