Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I suspect Simon is very comfortably off. No definite proof - other than one or two of HIS OWN rather expensive watches you catch him wearing from parsley to parsley. You wonder if he even needs to work still - other than for anything than egotistic reasons. I also imagine those ‘procedures’ he recently underwent and shared that news with us on-air, were potentially cosmetic…And cosmetic (building and fitting a new head?) costs serious money. Playing the hard-up, friendless pensioner living inside an unheated space hopper doesn’t suit him.

Last edited:
I have mint one in freezer.....
Mint and boxed?

I bought one (or was it a Gino Ginnelli?) in 1980 on the way home from work in Enfield Town. These fancy ice creams from Wall’s had not long come out and were a really treat to buy at the time. But these were still the days when it was quite typical for an ice cream/frozen foods in general selling shop to refreeze their frozen stock in the event of things like a power cut etc…not wanting lose money by dumping it. I should’ve realised isomething was wrong with it because it had ice crystals in the ice cream. But I ate about half of it regardless. About 2 o’clock during the following morning, I was the sickest I have ever yet been. All friggin’ night onwards, head down the bowl… Just One Cornetto from flushing myself away…

Last edited:
Why is a low rent power bank the perfect Christmas gift? That shirt would not go amiss on The Buzzwagon crew in The Wacky Races..

Perfect gift if you don't like someone....

images.jpg

Has a little too much hair .....

Rufus Ruffcut was the character.

I feel like just buying 20 packs of those batteries just to help sell them out so we don't have to listen to a half hour lecture on why you need batteries every night!!!! It's ridiculous!
Or is that the cunning plan? "They'll get fed up seeing batteries and just buy them!!" 🤣😂

I feel like just buying 20 packs of those batteries just to help sell them out so we don't have to listen to a half hour lecture on why you need batteries every night!!!! It's ridiculous!
Or is that the cunning plan? "They'll get fed up seeing batteries and just buy them!!" 🤣😂

They see us as stupid and we need to be told what we need.....

hhm, why do they not go into politics?

Can I stand all his ghastly repetitive anecdotes. Like listening to the landlord of your local thinking they’re telling all their old and unfunny jokes as new each night. That combined with dull, low rent and generally unappealing crud, poorly Paul Priced…Whatever did happen to the ex-Ideal World him? No…Time for a four pack of Long Life, a Vesta curry, a Birds Eye Trifle Mousse, a box of Weekend, some reruns of Game for a Laugh…and a scan through this week’s Titbits.View attachment 30172View attachment 30172

It would have made me feel like pulling Wurzel Gummidge (Boris's) badly thatched peroxide yellow roof (aka his hair) out by the roots, but he wasn't the only one by a long way. I really feel for those who never got to say 'goodbye' to relatives who died, to see them for one last time. How these people sleep at nights I don't know, but they are without any moral compass so I guess it's easy.
When i was on shift during covid -
I sat with those who were dying and couldn’t have their family with them.
The whole party gate thing is unforgivable, and showed how much people were valued by the so called elite. 😢

I think the problem is that the Chinese are capable of tremendous quality, but also real tat - and the numbers always favour the tat.
A respected Chinese maker like Sea Gull can make good quality mechanisms, (though as a watchmaker, I’ve never found their quality control up to much - there are ALWAYS tooling marks on bridges and plates, often fingerprints, and more often than you’d expect, hairs. Maybe fewer than other makes, but always there. And a single hair can and will stop a mechanism.) They will make whatever they are commissioned to make - Sea Gull used to do a double retrograde movement (I forget the movement number, but retrograde day and retrograde date) that the selly-telly brands all used (Constantin Weisz , Ingersoll, Louis Bolle etc). I worked on so many of those I could disassemble one in the dark! Most never got as far as the first service (hopefully not because of my repairs!) 🤣
Which, of course, is the dirty little secret of selly-telly watches. Most are, pretty much, unserviceable, and will have a lifespan of less than 5 years. It’s usually more economical to drop in a new movement, and spares availability is close to zero.
I do remember a customer of the ‘old’ IW who had amassed a collection he’d spent (from memory) around £30k on. I vividly remember working out the value of it just 3 years later - he’d turned his £30k into around £500.
If that.
And that, more than anything, is why I don’t like their sales techniques. It was, presumably, his life savings, gone on a pile of cheaply made tat. He’d clearly fallen, hook line and sinker for the stories of ‘heirloom’ pieces.
Don’t you mean hairloom🤣

Latest posts

Back