Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He used the withdrawal of heating allowance in order to try to sell this.
I watched with the sound off as I can’t stand his voice so didn’t hear this. Mind you I do that with all IW presenters.

They really don’t have any morals or a modicum of human decency and the word integrity doesn’t exist in their world. This isn’t just the presenters but the whole rotten core of this company.

I too am fortunate I’m not dependent on the winter fuel allowance although it has helped the last couple of winters. The only reason I noticed this cozy home blanket was I’ve actually ordered a QVC Cozee Home heated throw. Wonder if QVC know about IW selling under an extremely similar brand name. Pretty sure that Cozee Home is owned by QVC.

Shame on him. We don't need our winter fuel allowance, but there will be many that do. I don't know how people with just a basic state pension cope. For many it will be a choice of eating or heating.

I may be wrong but I think if someone is just on a basic state pension they would be eligible for pension credit, which would mean they get the winter fuel allowance (it's not gone away it's just becoming means tested). Something like 40% of people eligible for pension credit don't claim it, so hopefully with some awareness those people will and not have to worry as much about heating.

I'm not that age yet, but that must be a worry for a lot of folks. Hearing Ideal World using it as a selling point is a little tactless, especially since if they're actually concerned about pensioners going cold or being left out of pocket by energy costs they wouldn't be charging more for this than other shopping TV channels do (direct comparison, no less).

Those worries will get worse once Pedro rocks up, reeling off scare stories about cold snaps and arctic winters on the way, how his hovel now has icicles on the windows, he's having to take a hot water bottle to bed, and 'ar bet has a damp girdle. He does love to tell us how he struggles with the cold…

And I'm sure he'll be so concerned for all those old dears who've lost their fuel allowance he'll suggest they go and 'av a buy of some award-winning inefficient 10000W fat heater he's selling "The get it it home for £69.99 first of 5 flexis".

Last edited:
I watched with the sound off as I can’t stand his voice so didn’t hear this. Mind you I do that with all IW presenters.

They really don’t have any morals or a modicum of human decency and the word integrity doesn’t exist in their world. This isn’t just the presenters but the whole rotten core of this company.

I too am fortunate I’m not dependent on the winter fuel allowance although it has helped the last couple of winters. The only reason I noticed this cozy home blanket was I’ve actually ordered a QVC Cozee Home heated throw. Wonder if QVC know about IW selling under an extremely similar brand name. Pretty sure that Cozee Home is owned by QVC.
I've had a few Cozee home items, and they are top quality. Not something you could say about IW tat.

Latest posts

Back