Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cheapskates with the watch prize for winning the World Championship cycling time trial yesterday. You’d have thought it’d been a Chrissie Duchump or a Swan & Edgar et al seeing how luxurious and prestigious IW offerings are. But no, a high end Tissot watch. (Tissot are one of the race sponsors).

Makes you angry, doesn't it Batts. If companies like Ideal World can offer Duchumps at a fraction of their cost as a gift to their viewers, why can't big sporting events show some class by doing the same.

Perhaps it was sour grapes?

Rumour is Chrissie and the rest of the Duchumps were asked to sponsor the World Championship cycling event first. The bloke was begging Chrissie, desperate for the Duchumps to get on board. Chrissie was apparently overheard on the phone in a pub having absolutely none of it:

"Don't come 'ere asking for sponsor… Wait, I'm Swiss, aren't I. Uhh… Do not-a come-a here asking-a me-a …Wait, that's more Spanish… er… Either way, we don't do marketing. We don't need to. Our brand has a legion of loyal chumps - that's I affectionally call our customers —and this geeza next to me haha, he was in Holby City. Remember that? It was like the Ideal World to Casualty's QVC…

Anyway… er… No, we won't sponsor your event. Only cycling we're interested in is recycling – recycling other brand's designs. Haha. No, sorry, go ask low-end trash like Tissot or Bratling, they'll be happy to pretend they're some kind of big-shot brand. Not us; not Duchump. We are perpetual luxury. We don't give our watches away, they're worth fowwwwsands…

…I can do you a one-time code for 98% off a Grand Mont if you're… Oh he's hung up, Jezza - one more for your sh*tshow then!".

Last edited:
Makes you angry, doesn't it Batts. If companies like Ideal World can offer Duchumps at a fraction of their cost as a gift to their viewers, why can't big sporting events show some class by doing the same.

Perhaps it was sour grapes?

Rumour is Chrissie and the rest of the Duchumps were asked to sponsor the World Championship cycling event first. The bloke was begging Chrissie, desperate for the Duchumps to get on board. Chrissie was apparently overheard on the phone in a pub having absolutely none of it:

"Don't come 'ere asking for sponsor… Wait, I'm Swiss, aren't I. Uhh… Do not-a come-a here asking-a me-a …Wait, that's more Spanish… er… Either way, we don't do marketing. We don't need to. Our brand has a legion of loyal chumps - that's I affectionally call our customers —and this geeza next to me haha, he was in Holby City. Remember that? It was like the Ideal World to Casualty's QVC…

Anyway… er… No, we won't sponsor your event. Only cycling we're interested in is recycling – recycling other brand's designs. Haha. No, sorry, go ask low-end trash like Tissot or Bratling, they'll be happy to pretend they're some kind of big-shot brand. Not us; not Duchump. We are perpetual luxury. We don't give our watches away, they're worth fowwwwsands…

…I can do you a one-time code for 98% off a Grand Mont if you're… Oh he's hung up, Jezza - one more for your sh*tshow then!".
Professional Cycling teams always need more sponsors. With the sheer volume of road races, gravel, cross country and cyclocross races throughout the year, IW and their super prestigious companies are missing an opportunity.

Why have RedBull Bora Hansgrohe, Ineos Grenadiers, Lidl-trek as sponsors when you could have, Duchamp Swan and Edgar, Opatra Gammon NusakDubai and/or Tansy Willyhunt Greed? Don’t stop with cycling teams, IW, there’s all the Premiership Football Teams, cricket teams, Rugby teams, Horse Racing events. Come on IW the world is your oyster or should that be Gammon?

In your dream did this happen six days a week and twice on Sundays? (Another Masonism to add to your collection).

I'd like an answer "but I'm not trying to rush you guys" (so many hilarious catchphrases to choose from)
More Masonisms ….it’s your own fault for asking!

‘You’ve gone bonkers for these’
‘These are flying out’ (an old favourite,especially for the drones)
‘Webs gone mad’
‘Lines in meltdarrn’
And who can forget:
‘Charlie you sure? Oh,it’s a pricing error. I’ll be in trouble after this.’
‘These are gonna sell out tonight’
‘I’ve made a few phone calls blah blah blah’
‘Lowest price we’ve ever done” (since the last time you had them on which was same price)
‘We had a meeting and I said ‘let me sell ‘em at a lower price and I’ll sell all of ‘em tonight’
And of course..
“Peter,Paul and Mary are in,Simon,Garfunkel are in,Alice,Cooper,Bob,Dylan,Muriel,Maude and Agnes’

Finally ‘Charlie,are people multi buying? Thought so. You need to get a wiggle on’

Not that I ever watch this absolute garbage,of course 😁

On a serious note all the above is just dreadful insincere sales tactics which I find abhorrent and is the reason I joined this wonderful forum!

Thanks for reading this nonsense and I know it’s been said before ad infinitum but it lets one let off steam.

Amen

More Masonisms ….it’s your own fault for asking!

‘You’ve gone bonkers for these’
‘These are flying out’ (an old favourite,especially for the drones)
‘Webs gone mad’
‘Lines in meltdarrn’
And who can forget:
‘Charlie you sure? Oh,it’s a pricing error. I’ll be in trouble after this.’
‘These are gonna sell out tonight’
‘I’ve made a few phone calls blah blah blah’
‘Lowest price we’ve ever done” (since the last time you had them on which was same price)
‘We had a meeting and I said ‘let me sell ‘em at a lower price and I’ll sell all of ‘em tonight’
And of course..
“Peter,Paul and Mary are in,Simon,Garfunkel are in,Alice,Cooper,Bob,Dylan,Muriel,Maude and Agnes’

Finally ‘Charlie,are people multi buying? Thought so. You need to get a wiggle on’

Not that I ever watch this absolute garbage,of course 😁

On a serious note all the above is just dreadful insincere sales tactics which I find abhorrent and is the reason I joined this wonderful forum!

Thanks for reading this nonsense and I know it’s been said before ad infinitum but it lets one let off steam.

Ame

Latest posts

Back