Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Briefly switched over and saw them selling bars of Opatra soap - £12.99 for two bars!
Who really thinks they need to buy soap from IW!!

Then it was the hand squeezing thing - claiming they spent millions on research and development.
Joanne told a fairy story about Opatra spending millions on research and development, and IW being able to offer them at hundreds below stores like Harrods because they became friends with Opatra during the pandemic. But, of course, they could only offer this price on air.

Absolute nonsense but they hope Muriel and Violet will be taken in

I have an assortment of trial size perfumes that have been sent FOC when I ordered my usual perfumes. As I’ve aged some of my older perfumes smell awful on me. These are utilised as toilet air fresheners and named Pongy Poo Perfumes in my house. I usually have one in my handbag in case I need to “go” when I’m out🤣🤣

Had a look at QVC this morning as they had an hour of electronics stuff. Good hour. Reliably presented by someone who had clearly read up on the products and who talked to the guests in a calm, professional manner and asked good questions. Turned over to see Peter on Ideal World screaming at people to buy a steam cleaner which he couldn't even remember or pronounce the make of, let alone know how it works. The difference in customer experience is absolutely astounding!
What were the electronics?
I really would like to see some decent tablets, laptops, Chromebooks, TVs, usb gizmos, hdmi HDR/UHD sticks/boxes or the like on any shopping channel.

Previous versions of Ideal World clearly had their faults, but this doppelgänger version is unrecognisable other than in name from them - particularly in terms of the gutter production values and the general basic (flatters them) quality of goods and ‘brands’ featured. They used to have two very good tech experts - Janice and Grant and some decent enough tech stuff to sell along the way. Branded laptops, iPhones, Android ones, both new and refurbished. The tech was better presented by those two than that patronising and tediously repetitive character, Lee, they have had for decades doing it on QVC.

Then, around the time the Bonnie and three Clydes got recruited - Van Wontschtaart got his foot under the ‘Expert Role’ door (presumably because of his wife working there), then permanently took over the ‘Tech Expert’ role. He was as poor then as he is now, but worse because he had more focused time on-air to demonstrate his key skill in that field - BS over substance. You could just see him winging it if you knew anything about technology yourself. Then, they essentially dropped tech and instead of dropping him with it, gave him all types of new ‘Expert’ roles to take on. Clearly, expert in none of them from his performances at them.

Back to now and the ghastly parade of Chinese £9.99 tat they try and sell in a car boot stylee is unrecognisable to the Ideal World of say 10 years ago. And despite the new studio, which they completely fail to utilise properly because of the relentless conveyor belt of small in size countertop goods they sell, there is also no accessible outside space as the former Ideal Worlds could and did use. If nothing else, to create contrast and variety of selling and goods style. Cheap and nasty from a rail ‘fashion’, low-end watches, power banks, batteries, tribute scents, air fryers, more air fryers, felt tip pens, Christmas cracker dash-cams, canes….Have I missed anything? Oh…some gardening stuff in season…Can’t think of anything other non-beauty related they do?

I really would like to see some decent tablets, laptops, Chromebooks, TVs, usb gizmos, hdmi HDR/UHD sticks/boxes or the like on any shopping channel.
They had a Dyson as a day special, so it was all revolving around that. Mainly small stuff like earbuds, solar garden lights etc..a retro kind of cd player. They had a decent looking TV. Nothing groundbreaking, but I like shows like that where they don't spend too much time on any one item and with a mixture of stuff.

QVC used to take tech a lot more seriously and present it more frequently. Tim Goodwin (the previous tech presenter) almost sold in the form of a tutorial than a sound byte laden, rushed through presentation like today's incumbent offers. Dumbed down best describes their technology output these days. But that just reflects society in general these days. If it doesn't affect YOU directly, YOU couldn't care less.

QVC used to feature Apple Macs, and a lot of HP stuff with HP experts from the company themselves. Lots of Lenovo tablets, laptops, desktops, scanners, printers, fax machines etc. Plus software packages. Nowadays it is just relentless Alexa and Epson in the main.

Briefly switched over and saw them selling bars of Opatra soap - £12.99 for two bars!
Who really thinks they need to buy soap from IW!!

Then it was the hand squeezing thing - claiming they spent millions on research and development.
Joanne told a fairy story about Opatra spending millions on research and development, and IW being able to offer them at hundreds below stores like Harrods because they became friends with Opatra during the pandemic. But, of course, they could only offer this price on air.

Absolute nonsense but they hope Muriel and Violet will be taken in
Joanne is telling fibs. Opatra never appeared on IW during the pandemic (or at all). It was TJC where the association began, long before the pandemic. Is it just me, or do they really think that the whole demise of IW2 never happened, and that everything they sell hasn’t been on TJC first? 😤

QVC used to take tech a lot more seriously and present it more frequently. Tim Goodwin (the previous tech presenter) almost sold in the form of a tutorial than a sound byte laden, rushed through presentation like today's incumbent offers. Dumbed down best describes their technology output these days. But that just reflects society in general these days. If it doesn't affect YOU directly, YOU couldn't care less.

QVC used to feature Apple Macs, and a lot of HP stuff with HP experts from the company themselves. Lots of Lenovo tablets, laptops, desktops, scanners, printers, fax machines etc. Plus software packages. Nowadays it is just relentless Alexa and Epson in the main.
Yes, watered down shows now and fairly few and far between.

Joanne is telling fibs. Opatra never appeared on IW during the pandemic (or at all). It was TJC where the association began, long before the pandemic. Is it just me, or do they really think that the whole demise of IW2 never happened, and that everything they sell hasn’t been on TJC first? 😤

It's pretty obvious that not only are the presenters dumb shysters, they think the viewers are too, given the amount of idiots that must be taken in by the shysters then that probably explains their attitude towards viewers.

Latest posts

Back