Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I assumed that the crew member who created the account must have been too busy to write fake posts:

Us - Non stop conversation saying Peter Simon is an idiot, and laugh at him repeatedly saying "Muriel's in" during every show
'Muriel' - Account created with first post saying she loves non stop buying from IW and how much she likes that lovely Peter Simon (who is so very, very lovely)

Us - Non stop conversation about really horrible handbags Peter claimed to be 'designer inspired'
'Muriel' - Post created about the lovely bags they've had recently, she has bought dozens for all her friends and family

Doesn't take Hercule Poirot, Miss Marple or Sherlock Holmes to work that one out.

I have a feeling 'Muriel' will be back on here shortly to prove she exists🤔
Probably when IW start selling bondage gear. 😜🤣

FORUM EXCLUSIVE…

Chef Mark to launch his own exclusive culinary range on Exemplar Planet….

IMG_0972.jpeg

Prof,
Thanks very much for such a detailed reply.
My Tissot cost me circa £112 circa 13 years ago. As said I know sweet f a about watches now so knew even less then☺️

So it would be worth spending on a service it seems.

How much money would it cost now to buy a similar quality Tissot watch do you think.? (And is Tisssot the same as Matthey Tissot? Or are they family relations?)

Having read so much on here about watches from you and that guy from Aberdeen who clears Ideal World out of Duchamp watches i feel quite honoured to have made such a wise choice all those years ago.

Mind you,i wasn’t watching Unideal World in those days so missed out on some real bargains😉
Hi Scraping!

I can see Hammy’s answered most of this for you, and as always, he’s spot on.
In terms of the cost of a new one, well, the T-Classic Desire isn’t in the current catalogue. Assuming it’s a 3 hand quartz watch with date, then around £300 or so, perhaps say £275 to £325.
So, you might think ‘well, why pay £105 on a full service?’
I’d say it’s a good deal, because you’re basically having your existing watch returned to new condition for a third of the cost of a new one.and increasingly, Swatch do just drop in a brand new movement. And you still have 13 years of memories with your watch.

Hope that helps.

Hi Scraping!

I can see Hammy’s answered most of this for you, and as always, he’s spot on.
In terms of the cost of a new one, well, the T-Classic Desire isn’t in the current catalogue. Assuming it’s a 3 hand quartz watch with date, then around £300 or so, perhaps say £275 to £325.
So, you might think ‘well, why pay £105 on a full service?’
I’d say it’s a good deal, because you’re basically having your existing watch returned to new condition for a third of the cost of a new one.and increasingly, Swatch do just drop in a brand new movement. And you still have 13 years of memories with your watch.

Hope that helps.
Prof,
Thanks again. Yes you are spot on. 3 hand quartz with date.

You know how to make an old man happy….well, except for Peter Simon that is! 🫣🤮

Latest posts

Back