Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What is this trend I've seen lately on IW with them stopping, playing-in VT recorded from earlier in show, over plinky-plonk music?
Seen it a lot on cooking, pans, bags slots.

Is it to give them a rest-break or to assess sales or decide on tactics?

I read something a while back how Poundland started. There might be an large order for a company to supply something but the deal fell through so the Poundland owner would pick the products up quite cheaply. He bought anything that was a good deal, was quite random things to begin with.

I often think that this sometimes applies to IW, maybe bankrupt stock, as some of their products are quite random too.
Please see Discount Dragon now!

Love TP, never miss any of the Cushing/Lee movies, and absolutely love their SciFi B movies.
Have you seen the (Sunday?) discussion/request hour on TP with Mike Read and oppo?
Yes, watched some good old movies on it I hadn't seen.

London Live local channel is good for some b&w movies too.
Dangerous Davies (Bernard Cribbins, a class act) and watched Hitchcock's Dial M for Murder, hadn't seen it before.

Peter keeps mentioning that Vostok Europe only make 8 watches a day where as Swiss brands make 4,000 a day as though it's supposed to means something.

The reason for the difference is quite simple, VE is a small business (tiny actually) in comparison to the mainstream Swiss brands and there is big demand for the Swiss brand's watches, VE make niche watches and there is nowhere near as big a demand, which is born out by the fact that they only make 2/300 of any one watch and they take years to sell.

Thanks Duke, and I really do get such a good laugh from the observations and nicknames and photoshops and even the off-topic talks about things. I've learnt far more about watches and watchmaking from posters on here than I did from the 'experts' at Ideal World!
Duke's moved with the tines, it's AI now! 😄

Peter keeps mentioning that Vostok Europe only make 8 watches a day where as Swiss brands make 4,000 a day as though it's supposed to means something.

The reason for the difference is quite simple, VE is a small business (tiny actually) in comparison to the mainstream Swiss brands and there is big demand for the Swiss brand's watches, VE make niche watches and there is nowhere near as big a demand, which is born out by the fact that they only make 2/300 of any one watch and they take years to sell.
Jezza said the same about Duchump, make 8 per day.

First in the world to see.:rolleyes:

Rocket N1 £459, go to Germany and even with Vat etc get it slightly cheaper. ;)

Or go to kev's site and get it for £280. :eek:

Can't get hold of the Rocket N1, this shipment was meant for America, but we hijacked it for this event. I've just seen it online for £280, I think it's from Kevski's website. Coming up with the most American sounding names texting in. What a pair of lying tw*ts.

Can you imagine if you were a loyal IW viewer/customer and you bought the watch then found out the guest expert was selling the watch £150 cheaper on his own web site. Especially when you get the pantomine over the prices, oh must be a mistake, prices are too low. :ROFLMAO:

How naff does the crystal look on these? For the price they're charging, sapphire is the only option. You can get very good, and cheaper watches, direct from Ali express with the same movements and sapphire crystal. I honestly can't see the value in these 😎

Can you imagine if you were a loyal IW viewer/customer and you bought the watch then found out the guest expert was selling the watch £150 cheaper on his own web site. Especially when you get the pantomine over the prices, oh must be a mistake, prices are too low. :ROFLMAO:
Igor will be livid. 🤣🤣🤣 Same as when they are selling Duchump, Jean Paul is livid. When it's Billy Hunt, no doubt it will be Arthur or Bert.

Latest posts

Back