Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pedro the poet says (for the 1003rd time) its the last of the remaning stock of the canes!!! UTTER NONSENSE and we all know it like IW mk3 or not! FACT!

Also he says Hammy in Aberdeen and HER partner has one also......this is now getting boring and as DOC says just so unpro and childish, just getting embarrassing for IW mk3 now.

It’s a pity he’s back again with his ridiculous circus of sycophants. Recently, with some of the new blood presenters, we saw how it should be done, and it suggested some optimism for how they were going to carry on. But he appears again with his juveniles in the gallery, and you’re back to the same bullshit about the products and the same childish texts. My partner saw his show this morning for the first time. I said do you remember who the man on screen used to be? She didn’t have the slightest clue. What she did say, was that he was selling (or not selling) the goods in a very patronising manner, and that the scarves themselves for her looked absolutely awful - particularly the one she picked out in red where she thought an antisocial child had been let loose with a box of bad crayons.

Pedro the poet says (for the 1003rd time) its the last of the remaning stock of the canes!!! UTTER NONSENSE and we all know it like IW mk3 or not! FACT!

Also he says Hammy in Aberdeen and HER partner has one also......this is now getting boring and as DOC says just so unpro and childish, just getting embarrassing for IW mk3 now.

Oh well, I must be gender fluid now, or else he thinks i've had a sex change over xmas.:eek::ROFLMAO:

I’ve stayed away from all shopping TV until this morning
and it feels like I’ve never been gone
there he is with that Blummin cane. Best order today as it’s buy two get one three today. Buy quick there gonna sell out.

It’s a pity he’s back again with his ridiculous circus of sycophants. Recently, with some of the new blood presenters, we saw how it should be done, and it suggested some optimism for how they were going to carry on. But he appears again with his juveniles in the gallery, and you’re back to the same bullshit about the products and the same childish texts. My partner saw his show this morning for the first time. I said do you remember who the man on screen used to be? She didn’t have the slightest clue. What she did say, was that he was selling (or not selling) the goods in a very patronising manner, and that the scarves themselves for her looked absolutely awful - particularly the one she picked out in red where she thought an antisocial child had been let loose with a box of bad crayons.
Without a word of a lie I hopped on to IW last night and literally just as I did so, it was Peter S starting to walk away from the camera. He then stopped, turned around, started walking back and with a faux shocked expression said something like ...

'£17.99 on three flexis! There's been a pricing mistake on the computer!! Take advantage now!!! Oh dear, the conversations I can hear in my ear up in the production office' alluding to the fact someone's going to be in trouble for the 'incorrect' wrong price which of course is wrong down the way (cheaper) never up the way (more expensive) funny that.

I lasted all of 20-30 secs and turned over.

Outright bullsh1t, outright lies.

The only viable reason he is still on selly telly must be he is cheap as chips and he needs the work more than the work needs him, Cheap option for IW mk3??

As said in the past few posts, I feel for the newer fresher presenters as they arent get the limelight they deserve as he obviously hasnt tried to up his game and again takes most of the attention for all the wrong reason's, even if its a product i'm interested in i'd never buy it when he is selling, just encouraging the downward spiral!!

"just av a buy for men of a certain age during the night the aim isnt the same get this mop for those moments!" I need not say anymore.

But all this rubbish proves that our criticism is totally justified.

What a way to go out. Waving cheap scarves around the day after Boxing Day in a retro suit and boot polish on your head.
For someone most certainly in the twilight of his career, his performances on Ideal World are more turkey than swan song. A parody of a parody. I suspect Dr Lobitov has advised him to forsake any professional pride and “keep taking the cash”.

Seasonal Greetings to all forum members. Your posts are an amusing distraction in this increasingly dark world.

Is this post an example of the 'satire/humour' type of post you mentioned a while back?

Paz, may I ask you something? I'm genuinely not being sarcastic or rude or anything, just clarifying as sometimes it can be difficult to judge someone's tone in written messages.

I'm only asking why you bother with this forum? You may think we're ridiculous or petty and you challenge us, but why? Again, no rudeness intended, I'm genuinely interested in your motivation, what do you hope to achieve? Even if we agreed with you that we're ridiculous, we'd still carry on as we enjoy this forum. Is it to stop us posting or expressing negative opinions? Genuine question, I swear there's no hidden meaning in any of this. I'm sure there's forums out there or Facebook groups with people who share your views where you might be happier.

Hope you can reply as politely as I have done with my question. Otherwise it looks like you're only on here to cause trouble.
Thank you for your polite response, even if the last sentence does smack a little of passive aggression. Again, I've never used words like 'petty' or 'ridiculous'. Why put words in my mouth and then respond to those words rather than what I actually wrote? It seems, and I mean this respectfully, a little over-defensive.

Why do I bother with this forum? I look on here for occasional updates on Ideal World as I quite enjoy watching from time to time. Believe it or not, but I actually agree about the 'heavy selling' technique employed by some presenters and it contrasts with the way others present things. But there's just a wall of continual moaning page after page that is often really unfair. So again I ask, and this is a general thing, why do you bother with watching? I'm told I've had it explained to me but I see nothing that qualifies as any kind of explanation.

I wouldn't wish to impact the way people post, not that I could if I did. I just genuinely do not understand. It doesn't, and never has, changed the way any aspect of shopping telly has been run, so why? Is it masochism? Or does posting stuff like 'Oh no, another four hours of Pedro flogging walking sticks again' actually cheer people up?

10, 15, 20 people seem to enjoy and actively and regularly participate posting on this thread. Other less regular members have posted that they enjoy reading it and it makes them laugh. Those are good enough reasons for keeping it going and in the style it presents itself in. Some people don’t like it. That’s fine too. It would be a boring world if we all felt the same about everything. I honestly don’t think it needs to be explained. If you can see the funny side in televisual misery, you might well be on the right track to taking the pebble from the collective hand, Glasshoppers.

I actually think that to choose names from this forum, of real people is unprofessional, childish, amateur in the extreme (so just like IW, the very definition of non-family friendly tv) and borders on the abusive. I find it akin to stalking, TBH.

Latest posts

Back