Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maybe it's just me, but personally if I was selling a healthy living/health supplement product and wanted to entice folks to buy it, then i would hire a representative that looked healthy rather than death warmed up, but hey what do i know. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Of course maybe he looks worse without CPD. :eek::ROFLMAO:

vlcsnap-2021-07-09-08h47m18s744.png

vlcsnap-2021-07-09-08h47m26s537.png

Maybe it's just me, but personally if I was selling a healthy living/health supplement product and wanted to entice folks to buy it, then i would hire a representative that looked healthy rather than death warmed up, but hey what do i know. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 21637
View attachment 21638
I'm not getting into any debates about the actual benefits of pills and potions, however one thing I 'do' know is never, in a million years, would I be taking any advice from selly telly presenters and brand ambassadors about stuff like this.

There have been a few documentaries about multi-vitamins (appreciate CBD's a different thing) that really open your eyes to perceived vs actual benefits.

Now it's the 11.15pm bike show and Mike in his usual urgent voice - "3 minutes into the show and already 2/3 rds of the stock gone" a few minutes later "Guys this may be you only chance to get that grey and orange, so check your baskets out straight away, blah blah blah, already approaching 70% of the grey orange."
MELTDAN BUSY ... BUY NOW!!!

What a load of old sh1t as Catherine Tate's nan character used to say :)

View attachment 21637
View attachment 21638
I didn’t hear a word he said, apart from hearing it all before, I was wondering what the hell was creeping down his forehead. Didn’t have a shave, maybe he’s growing a beard?

Just looking at the reviews, here’s the latest that made me choke on my tea 😳

Enthusiastic presenters who clearly…

Enthusiastic presenters who clearly have a passion for the products they introduce with true experts. I'm a watch collector and not only get a good value of selection of brands and pieces but the banter between the presenter and expert makes waiting for piece you want to see come up. Peter Simon and Kevin Reynolds are the best and absolute pleasure to watch.

I'm not getting into any debates about the actual benefits of pills and potions, however one thing I 'do' know is never, in a million years, would I be taking any advice from selly telly presenters and brand ambassadors about stuff like this.

There have been a few documentaries about multi-vitamins (appreciate CBD's a different thing) that really open your eyes to perceived vs actual benefits.

100% agree, they've all got a vested interest and therefore biased.

I didn’t hear a word he said, apart from hearing it all before, I was wondering what the hell was creeping down his forehead. Didn’t have a shave, maybe he’s growing a beard?

I don't listen to him, have no interest in all this healthy eating / pump the body full of crap / cover yourself in this miracle cream etc, but thought his look is terrible. Don't think he's growing a beard, he always looks like that, everytime he's on he looks rough and unkemp, looks like he's just got out of bed with a hangover.

As I said, think it's a terrible way for any brand representative to look so scruffy, let alone one for a health product, and especially when your being beamed into folks living rooms.

Just looking at the reviews, here’s the latest that made me choke on my tea 😳

Enthusiastic presenters who clearly…

Enthusiastic presenters who clearly have a passion for the products they introduce with true experts. I'm a watch collector and not only get a good value of selection of brands and pieces but the banter between the presenter and expert makes waiting for piece you want to see come up. Peter Simon and Kevin Reynolds are the best and absolute pleasure to watch.

Funny and sad at the same time.

Too many Ideal World viewers live in their own little dream world, happy as larry to be lied to and taken for a mug, it's little wonder so many folks in this country fall for scams etc.

Funny and sad at the same time.

Too many Ideal World viewers live in their own little dream world, happy as larry to be lied to and taken for a mug, it's little wonder so many folks in this country fall for scams etc.
I'm not saying this is reflective of all viewers/buyers of stuff from selly telly, however a few weeks back I watched a tv prog about hoarders. One of them was a woman and her house was stacked FULL of stuff. In one room, which she said was originally meant to be her craft room, there was TONS of craft stuff, most of it unopened. IW's sister channel C&C immediately came to mind. 'They make it so tempting' she said 'they encourage you to buy more than one and make it attractive price wise to do so ...'

Like I say, yes she'll be in a minority, however for those that do hoard, they're ideal customers for the selly telly vultures.

I'm not saying this is reflective of all viewers/buyers of stuff from selly telly, however a few weeks back I watched a tv prog about hoarders. One of them was a woman and her house was stacked FULL of stuff. In one room, which she said was originally meant to be her craft room, there was TONS of craft stuff, most of it unopened. IW's sister channel C&C immediately came to mind. 'They make it so tempting' she said 'they encourage you to buy more than one and make it attractive price wise to do so ...'

Like I say, yes she'll be in a minority, however for those that do hoard, they're ideal customers for the selly telly vultures.

For some strange reason some folks just can't look past a bargain, even if they don't actually need it, although i'm sometimes like that with watches. :oops::ROFLMAO:

As well as using the bargain main price being used as a hook, the use of quoting the flexi pay or open pay installment, making an item seem more affordale is also bad for some, the way they say it's only this on flexi pay so why not add this other item will only add a small extra to your payments. And while one order may have a small monthly flexi pay amount, it can soon mount up when those small amounts have you thinking you could afford more and before you know it, multiple small flexis are suddenly a big monthly outlay.

CCCP tonight.

Just noticed the star of the show, is CCCP Gents Soyuz Automatic Watch with Silicone Strap.

How to con watch buyers into spending more money, change the name, make a slight change to dial and use different hands and claim you have a New Special Limited Edition watch and bump up the price.

These two are the same watch with a couple of minor cosmetic differences, ie dial and hands.

The CCCP Gents Soyuz Automatic Watch with Silicone Strap £229.99 reduced from £479.99

898129_STANDARD__BLA_20210707.jpg

CCCP Gent's Soyuz / Apollo Ltd Edt with Silicone Strap £160 on IW in August last year.

vlcsnap-2021-07-09-21h27m15s616.png

Actually thought the watch last August was bad enough, but the new one looks awful, an ugly looking dial.

Latest posts

Back