Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see tricky Peter was at it again. "This Hoover can be yours for just £33.33.....fssstefreexipmnts..." sorry, I didn't get that last bit Peter

Few minutes later "buy it now, for only £33.33 ....mumble mumble" sorry Peter, missed that last bit again...

And on and on it went....pointing out a price of £33.33 and then mumbling so fast about it being the first of 3 flexible payments that you couldn't tell what he was saying. If you were an elderly viewer, you'd have had no idea what he was waffling. They really need to stop it right now.

I see tricky Peter was at it again. "This Hoover can be yours for just £33.33.....fssstefreexipmnts..." sorry, I didn't get that last bit Peter

Few minutes later "buy it now, for only £33.33 ....mumble mumble" sorry Peter, missed that last bit again...

And on and on it went....pointing out a price of £33.33 and then mumbling so fast about it being the first of 3 flexible payments that you couldn't tell what he was saying. If you were an elderly viewer, you'd have had no idea what he was waffling. They really need to stop it right now.

Yep, that's what he actually did on bid. I actually complained to offcom about one of his presentations in which he was describing a crappy gold plated bracelet as solid gold by doing exactly the same thing, ie calling it gold followed by a a flow of untillegible, incoherent babble, which obviously masked the key word...ie plate. The complaint was upheld and added to the many others, obviously the complaint's weren't all down to him, but it makes me angry to think he's arrogant enough after getting a job with what was (once) a half decent shopping channel to put them in the same jeoapardy. Mind you - more fool them for employing the to$$er!

Yep, that's what he actually did on bid. I actually complained to offcom about one of his presentations in which he was describing a crappy gold plated bracelet as solid gold by doing exactly the same thing, ie calling it gold followed by a a flow of untillegible, incoherent babble, which obviously masked the key word...ie plate. The complaint was upheld and added to the many others, obviously the complaint's weren't all down to him, but it makes me angry to think he's arrogant enough after getting a job with what was (once) a half decent shopping channel to put them in the same jeoapardy. Mind you - more fool them for employing the to$$er!

I've only ever made one complaint to the ASA - it was about him when he was on Bid and yes , it was upheld.
There have been several occasions when I believe I could have got him on IW but I have lacked the motivation.
With regard to the flexi -pay scam I think they would defend by stating that the actual price is clearly and permanently displayed on the screen - would be interesting to find out though!

I feel sorry for anyone who has sight problems that swicth onto IW, as Peter Simon is happy to tell half a truth for a fast buck.

Here is a 100% FACT, not a guess, not a thought, not a mistake, not half a story but 100% FACT, Peter Simon has said clearly on a few occassions that "you know me I only tell it like it is"...................Well Peter you simply do not tell it like it is and have not for a numbers of years on shopping TV!!!

They DO NOT sell out, They will NOT sell out in this hour, They will be back for sale in a few days, 1/3 of a payment is NOT the full price!!!!!! (the last being the worst desperate atempt at a sale in my book)

And for all the years on shopping TV, He MAYBE single, yet MAYBE married, he MAYBE have relatives, He MAYBE not have relatives, He MAYBE ill, He MAYBE 100% healthy, the list goes on and on and on..............and on..................See thats the thing Peter you never ever do tell it like it is!

little thing that amused me yesterday. Shouty Paul is showing kitchen stuff during the £20 day. I think it was a coffee grinder, and he starts asking to the crew behind the camera "do we have a video on this? Anybody know if we have a video to show?"

Few seconds later, he must have had it confirmed in his ear "yeah" he says, sounding surprised....."we do have a video of this item to show you"

Video starts playing, and it's his voice doing the voiceover :) So you did know there was a video you shouty berk...why do stupid stuff like that?

So the drillall drill bits. Been meaning to talk about this for a while now. It costs £40 for a set of 20 odd drill bits? And they come with a 10 year warranty. If the drill bit breaks they will replace it.

The catch? You send back your broken drill bit along with a cheque for £4.95 to "cover postage" :D so basically that 10 year warranty is worth diddly squat as you are paying for the replacement. It doesn't cost anywhere near a fiver to post a single drill bit. You pay more to replace one drill bit than the value of it when it comes in the set. That is quite the warranty.

In that case don't all drill bits come with a lifetime warranty if you fork out a fiver to buy a new one? :)

Over the years I have complained to Ofcom and ASA on several matters relating to presenter behaviour -both on BID tv and IW.All were upheld.Nothing changes so I shall not bother again.

little thing that amused me yesterday. Shouty Paul is showing kitchen stuff during the £20 day. I think it was a coffee grinder, and he starts asking to the crew behind the camera "do we have a video on this? Anybody know if we have a video to show?"

Few seconds later, he must have had it confirmed in his ear "yeah" he says, sounding surprised....."we do have a video of this item to show you"

Video starts playing, and it's his voice doing the voiceover :) So you did know there was a video you shouty berk...why do stupid stuff like that?

Oh I laughed a lot at that.

Becque is a character...

What is it with the beards in IW? First it was Shauny....and his now somewhat less bushy facial thatch.Remblance sports a beard(and seems slimmer.Vibrapower?)The guy demonstrating the E bike who I cannot identify under the beard but believe is a resident fitness 'expert'.There may be others .Wonder what the likes of PS would look like?Wonder if Gollum can grow one?

Attachments

• images-32.jpeg
    images-32.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 118
  • images-23.jpeg
    images-23.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 116
What is it with the beards in IW? First it was Shauny....and his now somewhat less bushy facial thatch.Remblance sports a beard(and seems slimmer.Vibrapower?)The guy demonstrating the E bike who I cannot identify under the beard but believe is a resident fitness 'expert'.There may be others .Wonder what the likes of PS would look like?Wonder if Gollum can grow one?

I've noticed Pervy Pete has taken to spraying his head dark brown at the front. Must have borrowed it from 'our De Knees' :mysmilie_17:

I can't think for one minute why you are bored with the fitness shows! :mysmilie_17: Just think yourself lucky it's not December/January/February, when it's fitness equipment 24:7 for weeks and weeks and weeks and........
DIY Saturdays are back, more of this instead of the boring vibrapower fitness shows.

I can't think for one minute why you are bored with the fitness shows! :mysmilie_17: Just think yourself lucky it's not December/January/February, when it's fitness equipment 24:7 for weeks and weeks and weeks and........

Who watches ideal world in january LoL :mysmilie_5:.

Over the years I have complained to Ofcom and ASA on several matters relating to presenter behaviour -both on BID tv and IW.All were upheld.Nothing changes so I shall not bother again.

I complained once when Pervy Pete (when on Bid) said that Laurelle, the cheap nasty perfume they were flogging, had a store in Regent Street in London. The truth is that they used an "accommodation address", a mailing address to fool people into thinking you are based in an expensive area. Hundreds used that address. It was upheld, he was to be "offered training so it did not happen again". I haven't bothered since as the ASA clearly are weak and powerless.

Yeah, we should be grateful, you too could be as fit as Peter Simon if you used their equipment! Now, admit it, you're tempted aren't you Historymystery...

I complained once when Pervy Pete (when on Bid) said that Laurelle, the cheap nasty perfume they were flogging, had a store in Regent Street in London. The truth is that they used an "accommodation address", a mailing address to fool people into thinking you are based in an expensive area. Hundreds used that address. It was upheld, he was to be "offered training so it did not happen again". I haven't bothered since as the ASA clearly are weak and powerless.

Laurelle of Regent Street when they were really on an industrial estate in Southend !!!!
Well done for making that complaint -I wanted to myself but never got round to it.

Can't wait for the next time shouty Paul is on presenting the GTECH garden tools. He was presenting the petrol driven equipment this morning and was saying how he owned petrol himself. It went along the lines of "I've tried battery but they just weren't up to the job. They were ok the first couple of times, but petrol is a game changer"

I bet both my testicles that next time he presents the GTECH stuff, they will be the best thing ever! :)

Laurelle of Regent Street when they were really on an industrial estate in Southend !!!!
Well done for making that complaint -I wanted to myself but never got round to it.

That is brilliant! Not quite the same as Regent Street! I don't care myself if they used an accommodation address, but Pervy Pete saying they had a shop there really made me angry. And I heard every word he said, not his usual mumbling so I knew exactly that he lied through his teeth. It was the only occasion I bothered with the ASA and I'm glad I did, even though the result wasn't much.

Who watches ideal world in january LoL :mysmilie_5:.

Now who wouldn't?All those sales adam82uk.Bet there will be some cut price fitness equipment , collectors watches that collectors didn't manage to get first /second /third.....time round and (old) fashion ready for the discerning shopper.Surely you will be tuning in? I will be .:mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back