Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got a text inviting me for a Covid jab, I booked it online at my local pharmacy 5 mins away. As I was booking it said I could have the flu jab as well. Took 5 minutes in the pharmacy, I didn't have to fill out a form in their as I booked online so they got all my details from there. Really efficient. Never that simple if I use my GP. I've only had flu once and suffered badly. I now get offered the flu jab for free and always have one.
My surgery didn’t offer the first two Covid jabs. I had to go to a surgery 5 miles away. As I don’t drive and alternative 3 buses each way, had to get taxi which cost around £50 in total. 3rd one was offered at surgery. A friend, knowing I can’t stand for any length of time, warned me that she had to queue for over an hour, mostly outside in the pouring rain. Fortunately the pharmacy just round the corner to me did them, in and out and back home in 15 minutes. That’s were I’ve had them since.

What's happened to Igor and Kevski?

They have been replaced in Dirty Peter's affections by John-Paul and Christophe!

Muriel was interested in buying a Vostok for her hubby, now she's keen on a Duchump - must be confusing for her

A bit like you get what you pay for on Ali, a lot under £50 (lige, Winner etc) is usually cheap as chips watches, can get the odd nugget (Cadison etc) but mostly let down with cheap movements with poor finishing and poor quality control. In £50 - £150 bracket there is a lot of decent bargains to be had, prices have risen in the last few years as the brands have switch from using mainly Chinese movements to a lot now using Miyota or Seiko movements, in this range you've folks like Addiesdive, Pagani Design, Sugess etc decent quality finishing and highly popular. Over £150 your into San Martin, Sea-Gull etc, much better watches, better finishing, better quality control etc, San Martin mainly use Seiko movements, Sea-gull produce their own movements, another reason why they're a bit more expensive. Don't own San Martin, but they have a very good reputation in the watch collecting community. Have three Sea-gulls, 1963 Airforce watch, Military Tank Commander watch and The "Dong Feng" re-issue of the 1966 watch, happy with all three.

One problem with ali is the not being able to see a watch in person to gauge how it might fit if you have slim wrists, what i usually do is try and find a revue on youtube and watch as many vids as i can to see how it looks on other folks wrists till I'm confident of how it's probably going to sit on my wrist.

Attachments

• IMG_20241021_190622.jpg
    IMG_20241021_190622.jpg
    248.5 KB
  • IMG_20241021_191234.jpg
    IMG_20241021_191234.jpg
    206.7 KB
  • IMG_20241021_191613.jpg
    IMG_20241021_191613.jpg
    217.2 KB
Jezza has the Raidillon, the one Pedro said was only available on the 9 o'clock show. They obviously have disregarded my text, because its the same old BS, made in Switzerland, heirloom piece blah blah.
Might have just read it out, as he just said it’s a Japanese movement according to a text come in. Japanese movement stamped on the back might have been a bit of a clue🤔😀and if you know your movements (they seem to claim to know their watches and are collectors) just look at it, NH72 very distinctive over the Swiss movements.

Last edited:
A bit like you get what you pay for on Ali, a lot under £50 (lige, Winner etc) is usually cheap as chips watches, can get the odd nugget (Cadison etc) but mostly let down with cheap movements with poor finishing and poor quality control. In £50 - £150 bracket there is a lot of decent bargains to be had, prices have risen in the last few years as the brands have switch from using mainly Chinese movements to a lot now using Miyota or Seiko movements, in this range you've folks like Addiesdive, Pagani Design, Sugess etc decent quality finishing and highly popular. Over £150 your into San Martin, Sea-Gull etc, much better watches, better finishing, better quality control etc, San Martin mainly use Seiko movements, Sea-gull produce their own movements, another reason why they're a bit more expensive. Don't own San Martin, but they have a very good reputation in the watch collecting community. Have three Sea-gulls, 1963 Airforce watch, Military Tank Commander watch and The "Dong Feng" re-issue of the 1966 watch, happy with all three.

One problem with ali is the not being able to see a watch in person to gauge how it might fit if you have slim wrists, what i usually do is try and find a revue on youtube and watch as many vids as i can to see how it looks on other folks wrists till I'm confident of how it's probably going to sit on my wrist.

Here are my heirloom pieces.

Pagani Design 1731 - VH31 movement
Cadisen 1032G - NH36 movement
Benyar 5185M - ST6 movement

IMG_20241021_190622.jpgIMG_20241021_191234.jpgIMG_20241021_191613.jpg

Might have just read it out, as he just said it’s a Japanese movement according to a text come in. Japanese movement stamped on the back might have been a bit of a clue🤔😀and if you know your movements just look at it, NH72 very distinctive over the Swiss movements.
I don't think they would read mine out, it was very uncomplimentary, calling them out for their blatant lies.

they took a watch off air as the water resistance depth was incorrect on the website...but they were flogging a sherpa throw and did a non direct comparison.....i see gems do this too..how is a non direct comparison a comparison?..to give paul beck some credit, he was less screechy..and...said something about memory foam that the likes of ellis ward and mynamesden and shaun got wrong all the time...memory foam doesnt remember your shape, it remembers its own...but moulds to yours...and then returns....el etc used to say it remembers your foot/head etc....another bugbear is when people flogging clothes use "colourway"incorrectly...gems and qvc get it wrong ,even sewing street do...jezza sounded "happy" and did a bit of gurning...

Last edited:
just an update on mine about memory foam as i was too late editing it....over time it does give in to your body/foot shape..but it mainly returns to its own shape....is my experience

Latest posts

Back