Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One thing I have learned in life is to never buy any more shoes from IW. They may be cheap, but what you receive are cheaper than cheap and don't last 5 minutes!

These were the first and last shoes I'll buy from IW that's for sure. Can't say they looked badly made, obviously wear would be the test for that in the long run..however I'd rather go out barefoot than to put my poor feet through the ordeal of wearing those boots again. What annoyed me most was the lies. Ok, the presenters have each pair on their feet for about 5 minutes at a time, and as we all know shoes can feel comfortable initially if you're wearing the right size and width for your feet so I know that's not a true representation of comfort..but to stand there and declare that you own a pair and they're so comfortable you can walk around London for a day in them, might encourage people who are in two minds whether to buy them to go ahead and do so (Like I did) Walk around London - I couldn't even walk to the corner shop in them!

Killer heels - As you can see, my mate returned them to me forthwith!

Attachments

• WP_20160809_11_13_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160809_11_13_25_Pro.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 142
It should be illegal (in shopping telly) for a presenter to say they own something, when they do not.

being given it as a freebie by the company should not count either.

These were the first and last shoes I'll buy from IW that's for sure. Can't say they looked badly made, obviously wear would be the test for that in the long run..however I'd rather go out barefoot than to put my poor feet through the ordeal of wearing those boots again. What annoyed me most was the lies. Ok, the presenters have each pair on their feet for about 5 minutes at a time, and as we all know shoes can feel comfortable initially if you're wearing the right size and width for your feet so I know that's not a true representation of comfort..but to stand there and declare that you own a pair and they're so comfortable you can walk around London for a day in them, might encourage people who are in two minds whether to buy them to go ahead and do so (Like I did) Walk around London - I couldn't even walk to the corner shop in them!

Killer heels - As you can see, my mate returned them to me forthwith!

They don't look very comfy do they?

They don't look very comfy do they?

They don't ..but I think they look nice. Normally I wouldn't go near a boot with a heel however as I said it was the "comfort over sell" that persuaded me! I remember one of the models pressing her foot up and down in the demo to show their flexibility...I could wear these for hours she said!!!

That's what they are trained to do -convince us by working on what we can see of the suitability ,quality and value of the product at all costs.Most of us have seen that nice item that turns out to be a 'lemon".They can portray whatever they like in the studio.We can't actually assess and try out what we get until it arrives. We have to trust the integrity of the seller and employees.As a lot of examples have shown we can't.At the end of the day they don't care that -as in your case -your shoes felt awful.As long as they are fit for purpose and they have been paid ...job done.In my opinion.

Petespants, can I say I am slightly alarmed at your Username - be honest with us - this isn't your cryptic way of saying you possess a pair of Peter Simon's pants, do you? Or, horror of horrors, his underpants??? Come on, confess...we should be told...:mysmilie_13:

That's what they are trained to do -convince us by working on what we can see of the suitability ,quality and value of the product at all costs.Most of us have seen that nice item that turns out to be a 'lemon".They can portray whatever they like in the studio.We can't actually assess and try out what we get until it arrives. We have to trust the integrity of the seller and employees.As a lot of examples have shown we can't.At the end of the day they don't care that -as in your case -your shoes felt awful.As long as they are fit for purpose and they have been paid ...job done.In my opinion.

Moira windmill C is on with Big Den at the moment, Den really is struggling to stop her mask from slipping as Moira is stealing the limelight and talking all over Den while trying to flog her goods :cash:

Big Dens all over the shop infact as Moira has just cut her right up yet again, its like Moira is taking no notice of Den :mysmilie_14: ..........................On you go Moira keep it up :up:

Moira windmill C is on with Big Den at the moment, Den really is struggling to stop her mask from slipping as Moira is stealing the limelight and talking all over Den while trying to flog her goods :cash:

Big Dens all over the shop infact as Moira has just cut her right up yet again, its like Moira is taking no notice of Den :mysmilie_14: ..........................On you go Moira keep it up :up:

with Moira C, I just get the feeling that it's all an act. False energy as such.

with Moira C, I just get the feeling that it's all an act. False energy as such.

Having watched Moira C in action recently, I would have to disagree. She really is that loud, that frenetic, that energetic. It is exhausting watching her. Hats off to her, as she is no spring chicken, and can make those half her age look positively comatose...

Some people are really just that energetic. You might disagree with the direction in which the energy is focussed, but it's undeniably there.

Having watched Moira C in action recently, I would have to disagree. She really is that loud, that frenetic, that energetic. It is exhausting watching her. Hats off to her, as she is no spring chicken, and can make those half her age look positively comatose...

Some people are really just that energetic. You might disagree with the direction in which the energy is focussed, but it's undeniably there.

I mean, would she be remotely like that off camera... or is she a miserable woman in real life.

Moria is so very provincial town shopping centre, c. 1984. And she still hawks her goods around said shopping centres, trade fairs, country shows etc. Her daughters have clearly been inculcated into the Brand - the one who was on yesterday did make me feel that Moria C had opened a door in the back of her head and programmed her - she'd run the 'scarf school 'programme to check for any bugs.

I mean, would she be remotely like that off camera... or is she a miserable woman in real life.

I get you. Hard to tell. I get the feeling she is always "on" (which must make her exhausting to live with). I think it's so second-nature to her, I doubt she's even aware she's doing "it" any more.

I had teachers who used to have to be reminded to stop being teachers when they got home to their families, so for any profession where there is an element of performance it must be easy to continue with the same routines you use at work when you are off duty.

I get you. Hard to tell. I get the feeling she is always "on" (which must make her exhausting to live with). I think it's so second-nature to her, I doubt she's even aware she's doing "it" any more.

I had teachers who used to have to be reminded to stop being teachers when they got home to their families, so for any profession where there is an element of performance it must be easy to continue with the same routines you use at work when you are off duty.

She's a live wire. Betcha she loves Karaoke.

:song: Islands In The Stream :song::mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

Moria is so very provincial town shopping centre, c. 1984. And she still hawks her goods around said shopping centres, trade fairs, country shows etc. Her daughters have clearly been inculcated into the Brand - the one who was on yesterday did make me feel that Moria C had opened a door in the back of her head and programmed her - she'd run the 'scarf school 'programme to check for any bugs.

Those daughters, Daffodil and Dandelion, are a cut off the old block, so desperate for 'stardom'. But the old girl will never let them upstage her, she's a show off alright.

But if Kenny has many more 'procedures' she's gonna need those Scarflaces more than ever :mysmilie_59:

image.jpeg

'Chef' Roly Poly Remblance is cooking with the Tefal 45 in 1 Multiccoker which is a fancy name for a heated pot with a timer. I use a Tefal Non Stick Pan and a Timer from Poundland, it cost £1. Try it, you might be surprised to learn that it actually works, a breeze to clean too. It's possibly how Roly Poly would cook if he really was a Chef.

Look at his 'delicious' greens, or is that greys?. And I'm sorry, I know she's new but Fayon is dreadful :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Mrs Jacks really does think she is the resident fashion expert on the channel haha.

I've never visited Ellie May Clampett's hometown which I believe is Burnley. I'm sure the people of Burnley are good folk, salt of the earth and all that. But if Ellie May is anything to go by I suspect it's no hotbed of Fashion.

You've heard the song 'Acceptable In The 80's? She thinks it's acceptable to dress like it's The 80's :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

The man from Plumbs looks like Sean from Corrie.........

image.jpgimage.jpg

I might ask Sean to make me some covers for my Pleather Plop Chairs With Hot Wobbly Bits, I've ripped 'em. Plumbs reviews aren't so hot however, they're still miles better than Ideal World's.

But then everyone's are, even QVC's :mysmilie_59:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/plumbs.co.uk

Latest posts

Back