Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why say you own a £400 smartwatch? It actually speaks volumes and says much about the attractiveness (or lack of it) in his world to buy the £40 one he is selling. You assume he is using that tactic or why he is being told to use it is because it is felt that by having him raving about the quality and features of the cheap one and then ‘admitting’ his cost hundreds more, it somehow endorses the ‘foolishness’ of spending such a higher amount. But in reality, all it does is reinforce that somebody gadget focused and with cash to spend wouldn’t look twice at the £40 versions, and instead chooses a named brand and the superior quality that usually comes with it. Funny they don’t do that, though, when selling traditional watches. Then they even go to the extent of hiding the expensive watches they really own, while insincerely eulogising about the cheap ones they are flogging at the time.

Did bench manufacture shell suits then ?
Sorry but that’s what come so mind when I think of Trakies becoming popular street wear…….
Should I get my coat 🫥
Bench have never made shellsuits. Tracksuits were replaced by shellsuits in the late 1980s, but the trend only lasted a few years. In the late 1990s, tracksuits made a comeback in mainstream fashion for both men and women.

I thought it was funny.

Attachments

• 417405445_785046666993110_1920059385932426919_n.jpg
    417405445_785046666993110_1920059385932426919_n.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0
Selling a 'bald cap' with Lindsey. I'm not bald, but do these things really work? The before and after lady. The before pic with her white hair growing back was well lit. The after pic, claiming darker hair is not. Very shadowy and dark. I believe this is cheating
I wouldn't have thought they're very effective, because all bald men would be using them.

Similar to all these exercise gadgets that are supposed to be effective and safe for everyone - we'd have a lot less obese people around and doctors would recommend them.

But I may be wrong.

Wowzers…It’s Dr. Edwards here. Star of Emergency Ward Ten,Terry Scott’s stand-in on the Curly Wurly ads, and the bloke you don’t recognise from Hollyoaks…Welcome to my optical clinic…Look..Don’t bother busy clinicians like me with optometristicalness problems. Wake up with no eyesight? Log on via touch to my Optical Emporium of Sightedness…and don’t bother other busy people with your visual trivias…Don’t waste medical professionals’ parsley…Put on these Ralph Lauren £20 quid spectacles, and if you still can’t see, grab this SUPER wowzers plastic cane to poke your way around…Wowzers..And now..home amputation kits…
Can I just add that if I were in charge of creating new laws there would be one to prevent shopping telly presenters saying 'Wowzers' on TV.

With a 10 year prison sentence being the punishment.

Just saying😂😂😂

Selling a 'bald cap' with Lindsey. I'm not bald, but do these things really work? The before and after lady. The before pic with her white hair growing back was well lit. The after pic, claiming darker hair is not. Very shadowy and dark. I believe this is cheating
On the Opatra website, under the heading benefits, it says, it may help 7 times and hair may appear once. They always fail to mention this when flogging it.

Bench have never made shellsuits. Tracksuits were replaced by shellsuits in the late 1980s, but the trend only lasted a few years. In the late 1990s, tracksuits made a comeback in mainstream fashion for both men and women.

I had a couple of Umbro shell suits, first was late 80s then the a Scotland one at the start of the 90s, as you say only were in fashion for a few years and then back to normal tracksuits.

scot.JPG

I had a couple of Umbro shell suits, first was late 80s then the a Scotland one at the start of the 90s, as you say only were in fashion for a few years and then back to normal tracksuits.

View attachment 27858
Around 89/90, I owned a couple of Adidas ones. During the 90s, they were still wearing them in Europe. I used to attend raves in Holland in the mid-90s, and it was like the Scousers from Harry Enfield: multi-coloured shellsuits everywhere.

View attachment 27858
I remember these were on BBC Watchdog because they were made from highly flammable material, at least the ones from the markets that everyone bought them from

View attachment 27858

View attachment 27858
Lol by then I was in my late 30s early 40s with two children one born in 1970 the other in 1975 thinking what the hell are they wearing do they really think that looks cool 👀

Really think I need to get my coat now ………..

If Sally is going away on holiday for 14 days, She will take between 10-15 pairs of sunglasses with her, because you need a different pair for different outfits.. She treats them like shoes and handbags,

Sally has just said buy reading glasses in different colours to match your outfits. How much spare money does she think everybody has.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back