QVC you lose again.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Last week, I bought two pairs of Birkenstock flip-flops that I liked the look of. It's now almost a week later and I still haven't received them, despite paying the P&P value worth a 48 hour service.

Yesterday I ordered several items from various online stores, including eBay. The whole lot has arrived this morning. I didn't pay P&P on any of them and the products have cost just under half of what I would have paid on QVC.

Come on Q, how much longer do you think you can get away with it?

They're still in 1993! Back when mail order adverts promised delivery within 28 days!

Happy Birthday Q!

Yes, that's the main reason for me too, I look, then I go to amazon, ebay, very, etc etc, when I factor in Nectar points, 12 month interest free and/or free delivery, QVC are sooooo very expensive on p&p, I simply look and buy elsewhere, where I get an advantage.... I can't afford to do other these days.

The cost of the P&P is the reason I only buy the TSVs or an OTO or on clearance. Normally things arrive in France on the 6th day, but my Kim TSV arrived on Day 11. On the blue bag there was a sticker indicating that it had gone via Oslo. Once I had something go via Vancouver. Maybe thats why the P&P is expensive...

I don't know how they get away with it. I saw a top the other day with £5.95 p and p - so nearly £12 if you order 2 sizes to try, and if you return them both the postage for that also, maybe pushing £20 just to try one style on, with nothing to show for it! I would not dream of ordering most of their stuff for that reason. It is crazy. Compare them with somewhere like Javari, where free next day delivery is available on any number of items, free returns also. You don't have anything at all to lose financially from trying something with a service like that. QVC expect us to pay up to £20 for the privilege of potentially shopping with them, aside from the value of goods!!?? So cheeky! So not appealing. And their 'quick' delivery option is outrageous, it isn't that quick and it costs a fortune.

I might get the odd thing from them, but I try to shop elsewhere due to the p and p. Even stuff I like I won't normally consider from them. Whereas other places I'll try to find something that works because of free quick delivery.

It's the main reason I buy very little from QVC now. I ordered a steam mop from Amazon late Monday night, it arrived today having been left with my neighbour when I was out and there was no p & p charge either.

It's the main reason I buy very little from QVC now. I ordered a steam mop from Amazon late Monday night, it arrived today having been left with my neighbour when I was out and there was no p & p charge either.

Which steam mop? Would you recommend it? Sorry hijacked thread alert! Lol

Which steam mop? Would you recommend it? Sorry hijacked thread alert! Lol

It's a Morphy Richards, but not tried it yet. It cost £66.99 and if you register it within 28 days you get an extra years guarantee, which was what sold it to me!

Great minds think alike on the P&P front.I only order now when I add in the P&P & still think the value is OK ( mainly the odd TSV).I recently ordered 2 Lola Rose pieces in her sale & I did have to pay P&P but it was here in a couple of days.Amazon I always go for free P&P & the order is here in no time.

It annoys me so much when they continue to dribble on about how you can return things and so "lose nothing" if you decide you don't like. I can't be the only one who shouts "two lots of P&P" at the screen.

As said before you need to be pretty sure you will not return an item and the add on the P&P to judge the value. Indeed I think it is unethical of them to keep the P&P separate. It isn't as if you can opt not to pay it or that hey have a capped P&P. They should quote the total and then the deductions for multiple purchases.

Other mail order/distance selling companies have capped p&p and free for purchases over a certain value. I know that will be one of the reasons I choose to shop somewhere!

I agree that QVC has a cheek with their P&P prices/slow delivery however I am not a fan of Amazon. I ordered a kindle book and the wrong item was sent (their website was incorrect) and despite emailing their customer service a few times to point this out, I never got a response or a reimbursement. Also had another item sent incorrectly (some post it notes) but they were so difficult about returning it - you would have thought that since it was their mistake (again incorrect website info) they would have said keep them and sent me the correct items as it was about £3 worth of goods. I didn't bother to return them as it have cost me more money paying to drive and park at the post office. Also had stuff from Amazon sellers not turn up. I wouldn't buy anything too expensive from Amazon now in case there were any issues with it :down:

Its amazing how experiences differ.I've only had to have two refunds from amazon and both were refunded that day even before they item had left my house to be posted!! I just find QVC may be polite and answer the phone quick - but they never veer from their script and don't know what to say if its not on their script.I learnt my lesson years even ringing them and asking them for info...I bought a tiffany light and could not see anywhere what bulb it need (I even thought it should have come with it?) I went on the description on the internet and no luck there.So I rang.And CS read the internet description to me!!!! Helpful....NOT!!!!

I don't 100% believe that free delivery is totally free delivery - I've always believed the P&P is added by just bumping up the item cost a couple of pounds.But the fact that QVC's P&P is so massively overcharged (and customer's biggest gripe) AND its per item AND takes the longest to come in my experience,I fail to see that unless it is a good,good price - what are the advantages by buying from them? I know you could argue thats the 30 MBG - but somehow I think theres a connection between that and the P&P cost.

I've only made one Amazon return and it was a breeze, logged into my account and requested a return, downloaded the return label, posted 15th and refund was on my credit card on 18th. I've never had a non-delivery from Amazon or Amazon seller.

I don't know how they get away with it. I saw a top the other day with £5.95 p and p - so nearly £12 if you order 2 sizes to try, and if you return them both the postage for that also, maybe pushing £20 just to try one style on, with nothing to show for it! I would not dream of ordering most of their stuff for that reason. It is crazy.
Caveat emptor!! You will not only waste your money doing this whilst improving Q's cash flow but will artificailly inflate your returns rate and run the risk of having your account closed. QVC should have caveat emptor added as their tagline on this forum imo.

I'm still waiting for the courier to pick up a pan that is no longer non stick. It's been at least 2 weeks since they agreed to collect it. As it was I had to phone them twice before they retrieved my order details. So next week it will be a month since I started the return process. OH is fed up of the parcel cluttering up the hall

I love shopping with Amazon. In all the years I've been with them, they've only ever messed up and sent the wrong thing once. But the best example of their service happened more recently. I bought a new microwave oven, paid £7.99 for next day delivery, which happened exactly as promised. Unfortunately, when I went to use it that evening, that particular unit proved to be faulty. I spent a few minutes on Amazon's website making the necessary arrangements, which was very easy. Come the next morning, at 10am, the replacement was at my front door. And just a couple of hours later, the collection courier came to take away the faulty unit. The whole business was sorted in less than 24 hours and Amazon confirmed receipt of the return 2 days later.

Let's compare that to QVC (we'll have to assume they sell microwaves for now!). Faulty unit delivered, so you phone CS and let them know. They'll arrange a courier who will collect within 5 to 7 working days. Then it'll take 3 or 4 days at the very least for it to get back to Liverpool. Then it'll take the warehouse 2 or 3 days to register it as a return, another 2 days for them to despatch a replacement and, say, another 4 or 5 for it to be delivered again. So, best case scenario will leave you waiting at least a week and a half to get your replacement, maybe longer if you're unlucky.

For those unfamiliar with Amazon, their replacement product policy is to send you the replacement right away and give 28 days to allow the return of the faulty or incorrect item. After that, they charge you for the replacement unit also. QVC, however, insist that they have the return back in the warehouse before they'll send a replacement. All this does is tell customers "we don't trust you enough." Not good IMO. The same applies for items that arrive damaged, only you also have to factor in the time it takes for them to send you a paid returns label.

Last edited:
Another vote for Amazon. Great prices, free quick delivery. Free returns. Practically instantaneous refunds. Perfect.

WOW good old Amazon, now if only they would pay their TAX!!! Way to show allegiance to such a despicable company!

Latest posts

Back