QVC web team dabble in time travel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
So, I have the cliched image in my head of the web team at QVC HQ; a moderately bright bunch of kids, a bit nerdy and a few young fogey types who think they're like Sheldon Cooper but really aren't nearly as smart as that. They can write code but aren't well-read enough to score enough points watching The Chase or to spot glaring spelling and grammatical errors before they upoad them. Some of them are online gamers and some are life-long Trekkers (not the same as Trekkies apparently), but they each have a favourite Dr Who depending on their age.

So imagine my surprise during my daily hunt for decent OTOs to find the ones listed as "Top Finds" were truly a blast from the past, some of the items haven't been part of the current Q inventory for many years - that Kipling leather bag that bombed or the Kipling Hata in Juicy Pink or that Leopard print with coral splodges from a couple of years ago. All are listed alongside a couple of genuine OTOs so I thought all that time wasted watching Science Fiction has paid of and those pale kids in IT have cracked time travel. Early experiments may finally account for some of the studio sets and presenters having disappeared without comment recently.

As you can see, I'm tired and emotional after losing sleep over foundation colours so I'm attaching pictures to back up my theory. Now if they could only magically find stock of these items I'd probably buy a couple of the Emma Hardy sets!

:mysmilie_17:

Curtains drawn and another damp flannel required here, PRONTO! :mysmilie_1: I'm getting one of my heads!

Attachments

• timetravel1.jpg
    timetravel1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 195
  • timetravel2.jpg
    timetravel2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 150
So, I have the cliched image in my head of the web team at QVC HQ; a moderately bright bunch of kids, a bit nerdy and a few young fogey types who think they're like Sheldon Cooper but really aren't nearly as smart as that. They can write code but aren't well-read enough to score enough points watching The Chase or to spot glaring spelling and grammatical errors before they upoad them. Some of them are online gamers and some are life-long Trekkers (not the same as Trekkies apparently), but they each have a favourite Dr Who depending on their age.

So imagine my surprise during my daily hunt for decent OTOs to find the ones listed as "Top Finds" were truly a blast from the past, some of the items haven't been part of the current Q inventory for many years - that Kipling leather bag that bombed or the Kipling Hata in Juicy Pink or that Leopard print with coral splodges from a couple of years ago. All are listed alongside a couple of genuine OTOs so I thought all that time wasted watching Science Fiction has paid of and those pale kids in IT have cracked time travel. Early experiments may finally account for some of the studio sets and presenters having disappeared without comment recently.

As you can see, I'm tired and emotional after losing sleep over foundation colours so I'm attaching pictures to back up my theory. Now if they could only magically find stock of these items I'd probably buy a couple of the Emma Hardy sets!

:mysmilie_17:

Curtains drawn and another damp flannel required here, PRONTO! :mysmilie_1: I'm getting one of my heads!

you aint dreaming Akimbo i saw all these yesterday & when i saw them i thought hang on WTF is going on here & then i saw that emma hardie duo & thought right someone screwed up here big time

You're spot on Ian it was there yesterday too!

It's only on the website, if you tap the app you'll have to make do with today's stuff only! Clearly takes longer to develop the time-travel app :mysmilie_50:

You're spot on Ian it was there yesterday too!

It's only on the website, if you tap the app you'll have to make do with today's stuff only! Clearly takes longer to develop the time-travel app :mysmilie_50:
And it's going to get worse. They have a week off for half term so will have load of time to cock things up #backtothefuture.

Latest posts

Back