Qvc Overhaul!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree with all that has been said. Ditch the ipads and sort out the postage or at least cap the postage for multiple items.

Just a question for people, how many people actually take advantage of the 30mbg? Ive actually never sent anything back lol the one item i was gonna send back was the Philip Kingsley elasticizer as changed my mind when it arrived anyway went to the post office and there was a system error and all the computers were down so told me i had to come back, so kinda saw that as a sign and never sent it back lol, i dont order alot from Qvc tbh anyway.

I'm a shopping bulimic!

I'm the shopper who spoils it for everyone else as my old headmistress would say! If it isn't exactly what the said it would be, back it goes...but within 7 days and cancelled under the Distance Selling Regs so they have to refund my outward p&p as well!

Jude xx

I want the presenters to say truthfully: Returns DO matter if you send too many back. I get sick of hearing them, bang on about the 30 day MBG.

Welcome to Anne x

I think I have only ever sent one thing back, a crafting kit, it had a cd which I watched and it was terrible, the paper stuck was poor quality but I loved the mica pieces but every little bit went back. Did tell them the quality wasn't what I expected and asked for a return label which they agreed to give me. I am sure I have kept everything else. Oh I tell a lie, Imbought some gold earrings, sorted twisted hoops but when they arrived they looked silly, they should have been mirror images but weren't and I thought they looked silly. I didn't try them on, just sent them straight back.

I ordered a Canon Compact camera last summer as I just love the brand but had got a bit fed up lugging the DSLR round. I knew that I couldn't really afford it but I thought I'd use it when my daughters and I were away for the weekend and then send it back. (I might have a bottle of wine when I placed the order.) I got some fantastic results and it broke my heart to send it back, but I too was guilty of ruining it for everyone else!

Sent back a Centigrade coat that was too big, killed me but made me very twitched about ordering clothes in the future, learning curve! Also rubbish cheese grater contraption duo. And that's it in 8yrs I think.

P.s. a Dreamkeeper purse with dreadful stitching, they paid postage for that one!

Sometimes the 30dmbg is a waste of time anyway.
how many people bought the ultrasun for their summer holidays? I know I did, I don't go on my hols until August and I don't think I am going to get and chance to try it out home here in the next 30 days do you?
I just made a decision to buy, put in a cupboard until my hols. if it works I will buy again, if it doesn't I will give it a crap review and stay clear in the future.

I think there are some that use their 30 day MBG to its best advantage and for genuine reason.

I think there is a small percentage of people who abuse it and an equally small amount of people who never use it.

I used to fall in the first...now I buy so little and what I do buy is very considered,I fall into the last.Personally I believe some prices are so inflated because QVC offer this 30 day MBG - and I personally very very rarely use that service (if ever) and feel I no longer want to *pay* for it.

Even in the days of sending stuff back,I never used my 30 days to try anything.99% of the time,I used to open the package...know its not for me...and sent back that day or the next! Thats only like buying something from the High Street and returning it!

I feel abolishing this 30 days would also make for less impulse buys,less returns and less chance of a used and abused item being sent back out!

I've barely watched a QVC show in months - mainly because they do so few gold jewellery shows these days, and not many good leather handbag shows. There's been nothing remotely new and exciting in ages. Even the 'new' lines are often just variations on existing stuff. I remember when they were launching morganite and blueberry quartz and exotic stones like alexandrite. Now it all just seems to be Elemis, Decleor, uncomfortable shapewear and clothes made of polyester.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention the website, which is unreliable and flaky since they changed it. And their withdrawal from cashback schemes like Quidco is a serious disincentive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back