QVC Online

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

livelovelaugh

Registered Shopper
Okay, this is a bit of a moan, but I am a bit annoyed...why oh why is the QVC website so incredibly bad? Half the time you cannot order from it and the rest of the time, the information is incomplete, the videos refuse to play on my laptop and the images are so limited they almost serve no purpose...QVC US have a much better site and most other retailers have a superb site compared to QVC - why can nothing be saved to your basket? Why can we not be informed of when and item is back in stock, like most online shops? Why can we not compare a couple of items at the same time? Is it just me who is slightly annoyed by all of this?

Yes, I'd love a comparison feature and a wishlist, so I could gather a basket of things to consider.

I'd love to be notified when something's back in stock.

I'd also like them to retain descriptions where the item is out of stock (and not on waitlist), so I could see something I've ordered but not yet received.

It would be wonderful if inaccurate descriptions were EVER corrected (and lots of them are wrong).

It would be great if they actually had a video when they offer one, instead of whirring a bit and then saying 'Sorry, clip no longer available'.

It would be great if they got round to taking still shots of items, instead of leaving them for months with 'No photograph available', even when the product's been aired.

The site often refuses to allow you to purchase. They've lost a lot of sales to me that way.

You get thirty minutes before an item vanishes from your basket. It would be helpful if you had a countdown of how long you've got left, and some way to reconfirm your intent to buy.

Okay, this is a bit of a moan, but I am a bit annoyed...why oh why is the QVC website so incredibly bad? Half the time you cannot order from it and the rest of the time, the information is incomplete, the videos refuse to play on my laptop and the images are so limited they almost serve no purpose...QVC US have a much better site and most other retailers have a superb site compared to QVC - why can nothing be saved to your basket? Why can we not be informed of when and item is back in stock, like most online shops? Why can we not compare a couple of items at the same time? Is it just me who is slightly annoyed by all of this?

Sorry you're experiencing all these problems LLL, but I've had very few problems with the QVC website. I can always save things to my basket and have managed to compare different items. The only problem I've had a couple of times is when I want to click on the colour of an item and the box is blank. That happened yesterday and I rang customer services, they got on to the website people and the next time I checked it was corrected.

Ah, yes, the blank colour box!

Also, having to choose a size when it's a no-size item like a handbag.

I save things to my basket, too, in order to compare, but that must play havoc with their stock calculations, and prevent others from buying something I'll eventually release.

I never bother to buy online from QVC any more, I look for the item numbers and use Qcut, it's free after all and doesn't take too long. I agree about the lack of pictures and videos, that's quite annoying, you want to be able to see what you're buying.

Ah, yes, the blank colour box!

Also, having to choose a size when it's a no-size item like a handbag.

I save things to my basket, too, in order to compare, but that must play havoc with their stock calculations, and prevent others from buying something I'll eventually release.

That's why if I really want something and it says it's sold out, I always check back again after the show or the next day. Very often you find it's available again because someone has released it from their basket. Even with easy pay and OTO prices.

The search facility is total carp.

I did a search last week, think it was something electrical, the search result bought up six items only one of which was remotely electrical.

The Search function is quite primitive, and it's obviously string-based, ie it's searching the words in the description for a match. This means that if you type in, say, 'turquoise ring', you get a bunch of other stuff such as turquoise earrings, or clothes with that as a colour and some combination of r-i-n-g in the description.

It also depends on someone having manually entered the right thing, and often things are mistyped (eg 'pantent' for 'patent').

Other sites offer much more sophisticated searches.

I've never had any problems with ordering from the website. But what really annoys me is that there isn't a home page (well I can't find it anyway!) When I log on, it's got the TSV and Hot Picks on the page. Then if I check the TV guide or 24 hr review, and then have to use the back button to return to the beginning.

I've never had any problems with ordering from the website. But what really annoys me is that there isn't a home page (well I can't find it anyway!) When I log on, it's got the TSV and Hot Picks on the page. Then if I check the TV guide or 24 hr review, and then have to use the back button to return to the beginning.

If you click on the QVC logo up in the top left corner it takes you back to the homepage.

HTH!!

i always order online and find the website easy to navigate. If a show is popular i add things to my basket and then have a half hour to decide which i want to go for. :)

Yes, I'd love a comparison feature and a wishlist, so I could gather a basket of things to consider.

I'd love to be notified when something's back in stock.

I'd also like them to retain descriptions where the item is out of stock (and not on waitlist), so I could see something I've ordered but not yet received.

It would be wonderful if inaccurate descriptions were EVER corrected (and lots of them are wrong).

It would be great if they actually had a video when they offer one, instead of whirring a bit and then saying 'Sorry, clip no longer available'.

It would be great if they got round to taking still shots of items, instead of leaving them for months with 'No photograph available', even when the product's been aired.

The site often refuses to allow you to purchase. They've lost a lot of sales to me that way.

You get thirty minutes before an item vanishes from your basket. It would be helpful if you had a countdown of how long you've got left, and some way to reconfirm your intent to buy.

Completely agree with all you have written ATG, my pet hate being the 'Sold Out page with no description, no pic or anything. I did email to complain about this as I wanted to leave feedback on a lovely ring but couldnt and they said they would sort it out but never did. Also hate getting the 'We are unable to deal with your request, call customer services' page when I am trying to order in a hurry.

The told me over a year ago that they were working on a wishlist but again, nothing has appeared.

I would add that I would like to be able to cancel or amend an order online that is on waitlist or in process without having to ring customer services.

Bet

I've used QVC almost exclusively online for a long time now. In the early days their site was very good compared with many shops out there.

Trouble is things have moved on quickly in ecommerce and QVC have stood still.

I thought that was the homepage Margaret, with the TSV and Hot Picks.

Latest posts

Back