QVC no quibble money back guarantee as long as you don't return over 50%

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I got in last night, I was going to post regarding the nastiness earlier but I'd had a couple of drinks and wasn't terribly clear-headed. This morning , I find that Jools has said just about all I wanted to say, and very eloquently, too.

I don't want to drag it out but would just like to point out that if Grahams letter is flawed because it is based on hearsay, then HE is the one who will end up with egg on his face, so the attack is both senseless and gratuitous.

I too, have lurked on this thread for a long time enjoying the comments and camaraderie until I began to feel like the worst type of snooper and decided I really ought to join in - and I'm glad I did.:happy:

That's all! I'm off on my weekly trip to Athens shortly. Have a good day.

Too kind!:wave2:

I very much appreciate your perspective, BetLynch.

I absolutely agree with you that phoning somebody on a Sunday lunchtime is not helpful, or conducive to good customer relationships - that's why I made my comment about the way the call is handled by qvc might affect how it is viewed/taken by the customer.

As for this being a brilliant forum, I certainly thought so too, and still do. I've never signed up to such a forum before and am looking forward to the experience, and the fun of sharing.

But I do wonder if the reason that nobody has got a clear-cut, definitive response from qvc has more to do with the fact that qvc wants to remain flexible, so as not to alienate customers who occasionally and innocently overrun the "50%". Nobody wants to lose customers, after all, and if there's a good reason for the customer's dissatisfaction with their various purchases, or their shopping pattern, I wouldn't expect qvc to then high-handedly stick to a 'rule' which means they are obliged to cancel an account - because if they didn't, then somebody else whose account was cancelled would, quite reasonably, object to having been treated differently - and who knows what kind of a hornets nest that could open up. It's only a view, that's all.

Ouside of this discussion, I am grateful for, and delighted by, the witty debate, humourous exchanges and the sense that there are so many people 'out there' who feel the same way as I do about qvc, and about certain brands, products, presenters, turns of phrase etc etc... the things that make me laugh, where laughter is fun to share with others... :flower:

QVC avoid giving an answer because their 50% rule contradicts their "30 day no quibble money back guarantee" that the presenters are forever pushing!!!!

When something happens and somebody is upset about it, I believe that the accepted form is to be kind, understanding and supportive.

When instead somebody tries to tell them that they're wrong.

Wrong in the facts of the case,

Wrong to feel the way they do

and

Wrong to express the way they feel in the way that they are expressing it

I am forced to wonder why.

When a thread like this turns nasty people feel uncomfortable and they desert it in in droves.

It's often useful to pinpoint exactly when things changed - Who was involved and what tactics did they use? (Setting up multiple accounts, discrediting other posters, getting other posters to argue amongst themselves, accusing other posters of being mean to them, for example.)

Then ponder who might benefit from a thread like this getting derailed...

Anybody might put their time and effort into posting on this thread to support their fellow forumites, or because they believe that QVC has behaved badly, but who would be motivated to put so much effort into doing the exact opposite?

I don't think anybody has a problem with QVC keeping an eye on return rates.

But bullying (and disinformation) is wrong and QVC needs to rethink how items are sold onscreen if we are to be penalised for doing what the presenters tell us to do several times every hour of every day, and using our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.

QVC's system needs to change so that they comply with the Distance Selling Regulations instead of telling their customers that they may not cancel their order from two days ago because it is already "In Process".

Quality control needs to be improved if we are to be penalised when QVC sends out used, broken or otherwise substandard products.

Logic and common sense needs to be applied to packaging items so that they arrive in the state we saw them onscreen.

And replies to our emails would be nice too.

If we believe that something is wrong, and it needs to change then who has the right to tell us we're wrong?

Nobody.

Last edited:
Phew! Just caught up with the latest goings on.

I assume QVC know the expression "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" Perhaps if they had approached the origianl call with a bit more tact and a different approach the recipient would not feel so aggrieved now!

I work in a service industry too and know that a customers response is more positive when they do not feel they are being chastised. Basic simple rules of customer service just didnt seem to apply in this case whether the rules are written or not, flexible or not bla bla bla.

Well done for taking a stance against what i can only describe as heavy handed tactics, oh yes, and what about the concenience part of QVC!

QVC have a lot to answer, if they were EVER to give you an answer to questions asked of them......... Graham is correct in his questioning.....

Everyone is entitled to there Thought's, Opinions etc and can freely state them on this Forum and a Thread can be discussed, dissected and aired........

What I do not like or agree with are a 'Hit and Run Bully' and the 'Give me a Pat on the Back' because I am clever............ errrr "NO"...... and always stay on Topic, but more importantly, GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT before you start Spouting....

If I have an issue you can PM in a private manner without being Obnoxious, other than that Pick up your Toy's, put them back in your Pram and Play elsewhere........

No Quibble should mean just that : otherwise it ceases to be 'No Quibble.' Can QVC not understand English ? Although I have never returned anything, this puts' me off ordering from them.

My account normally says "replaced", don't know about yours. If it's returned for a refund due to being faulty it gets marks on your account as such.

I'm not the superior person you think I am. Please stop this.

I've had to return faulty items on several occasions and they have always shown up as "returned" with no other reason listed.

If we have to talk about getting facts straight and having evidence before commenting/asking verification of questioning it might be worth mentioning that whenever I have send anything back to QVC (either because they are faulty or because they did not fit, or because they were send incomplete)
all of them show as :Returned.
The only other comment I get is when I ordered and then changed my mind, which states: Customer cancelled ( automated orders, which I recieved 2 and still have loads of products, or when i discovered that my daughter had already bought it for me as a present).
Fact: it never says anything else on my account but returned or cancelled.

I meant on QVC's own computer systems, not a customer's account on the internet.

Even the plants I have complained about (lots of them) have shown as "returned" even though they are rotting on the local tip !, and my Laura Gellar TSV that never arrived (although the invoice did !) was shown as returned !.

I meant on QVC's own computer systems, not a customer's account on the internet.

My account normally says "replaced", don't know about yours. If it's returned for a refund due to being faulty it gets marks on your account as such.

So are we talking about the online account that we can all see or on QVC's super secret one that we can't see?

*goes off to google the Data Protection Act *

I guess it's the "secret" one, if you see it like that.

It's a networked database system that all CS folks at QVC access when you call in to give your account number and PIN. It would hold details of conversations, requests, orders etc. The same sort of thing exists at BT, British Gas, EDF, etc etc.

The Data Protection Act gives you access to it if you want to see it. How you would actually get to see it is another matter, though.

It's a networked database system that all CS folks at QVC access when you call in to give your account number and PIN. It would hold details of conversations, requests, orders etc. The same sort of thing exists at BT, British Gas, EDF, etc etc.

The Data Protection Act gives you access to it if you want to see it. How you would actually get to see it is another matter, though.

Thanks for clarifying that. I couldn't tell which one you meant from your previous posts.

I think it would be very interesting to see what info QVC holds on me, and if the Data Protection Act compels QVC to show it to me then I'm sure "how" can't be an insurmountable obstacle.

Interesting.
How did you get to see yours?

I haven't, but would be curious to know just how much money I have spent and/or wasted with QVC, to be honest.

I just know this because of the industry I work in (call centres). There is loads of regulation and sector-related "stuff" that needs to be adhered to, eg not selling your address to other organisations, keeping your details under electronic lock and key etc. You are entitled to see what they hold on you - I doubt it's anything drastic, just your buying habits etc. Some companies charge for this. Don't know about QVC.

For example, ever wondered why you're targeted with certain flyers regarding TSVs? It's your buying pattern that the marketing people are tapping into from this database.

It's not sinister - many people see it as clever marketing but others as intrusive. I'm divided.

As QVC is classed as a distance seller, you do have statutory rights to cancel. This is copied from qvcuk.com...
You also have a statutory right to cancel your purchase. If you wish to cancel you must tell us in writing, by telephone, fax or email (please see our webform at www.qvcuk.com for email cancellations) within 7 working days from the day after the date on which the product is delivered. You should keep evidence of having given your cancellation notice, such as a certificate of posting. You must take reasonable care of the product and you should return the product to us (at your own risk and cost) within 7 working days of notifying us of your cancellation. The product must be returned unused (except to the extent use was reasonably necessary to examine the product). Please return the product with its original packaging. The following products are excluded from this legal right to cancel: (i) perishable products such as food or flowers; (ii) audio/video recordings, DVDs or computer software that you have taken out of the sealed packaging in which they were delivered to you; (iii) products made to your own specification; (iv) periodicals or magazines; and (v) any other products that by reason of their nature cannot be returned. We will refund the purchase price of the product together with the delivery charge you paid to receive the product.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/main.html.file.%7CTerms_Conditions,html?cm_re=CS-_-TermsConditions-_-TermsConditions

I haven't, but would be curious to know just how much money I have spent and/or wasted with QVC, to be honest.

I just know this because of the industry I work in (call centres). There is loads of regulation and sector-related "stuff" that needs to be adhered to, eg not selling your address to other organisations, keeping your details under electronic lock and key etc. You are entitled to see what they hold on you - I doubt it's anything drastic, just your buying habits etc. Some companies charge for this. Don't know about QVC.

Just to clarify and in the interest of getting facts:
how do you know that on the QVC computer base it says replaced against your account when something has been replaced, or faulty if it was send back for being faulty.
I might be dense here, but if you are relying on the information you have given us here coming from the guy at QVC .... well could he not have told you anything? Furthermore his verbal contribution is hearsay, and thereby not to be taken as fact/proof.
Of course you are in the industry, so I am sure you would have a much better understanding

To answer...

If the guy I spoke to was lying I could ask for proof. I could ask for their policies to be set out in writing/ask for a meeting with their Customer Services Director/MD/Operations Director but...why would you assume that people trained to sell to you are lying? Why would they do this? QVC want to keep selling me stuff. I'm not stupid (none of us are).

If you work with what are called (no accusations of superiority here please) Customer Relationship Management systems - I know - jargon again - they are super sophisticated. One's faulty item (viz my Viladia chopper thing) is/was registered as faulty (the plastic container was broken) and then the order number and tracking number via Parcelnet is tracked until it gets back to the warehouse, where in my instance it was registered on my internet account as "replaced" but on their system it was "replaced due to faulty". It's a crap item, by the way. I couldn't be bothered to return it. My problem.

I don't expect their system to be replicated on my internet account. Do you?

The initial conversation reporting it as faulty (remember you have to give the order number) is logged to the item and noted as such on your account history, or rather the "notes" section on the CRM. Call QVC and ask about this if you don't believe me.

CRM systems are way sophisticated, They do and should track faults with products so that the vendor (QVC) can go back to the manufacturer and make an issue of it.

They want to sell and keep selling to us so this is in their interests.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back