QVC In ST Style Magazine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flying Pigs

Registered Shopper
'The American TV Retail Channel is enjoying an ironic rise in popularity in Britain, especially for its Beauty Hour. Richard Gray tries to explain its mesmerising attraction - and has a go himself at presenting'

Sorry I can't do the link...

Here's the first page...

You might need your magnifying glass!

Attachments

• QVC_Style1.jpg
    QVC_Style1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 173
Interesting article.

I cannot believe the advice AY has given on looking after your nails!

"File your nails while they have a solid block colour varnish still on" What?????

I have never heard such nonsense! This would never ever be done in a professional environment and I would never recommend anyone do it.

Yes, varnish strengthens the nails but how the hell are you going to make sure your free edges are all the same and even? Also you are likely to file away polish that could take away the top layer of your nail especially if you are prone to flaky nails. :taphead:

Interesting article.

I cannot believe the advice AY has given on looking after your nails!

"File your nails while they have a solid block colour varnish still on" What?????

I have never heard such nonsense! This would never ever be done in a professional environment and I would never recommend anyone do it.

Yes, varnish strengthens the nails but how the hell are you going to make sure your free edges are all the same and even? Also you are likely to file away polish that could take away the top layer of your nail especially if you are prone to flaky nails. :taphead:

The thing is though, she uses the same stuff she puts on her horses hooves, so her nails are probably as strong as hooves. I am not joking. I shall have a think and see if I can come up with the stuff mentioned yonks ago. So much for advocating all the beauty creams and potions, when she goes to a tack shop for hers!

Last edited:
There is a brand, cannot remember it now which was sold on QVC long ago. It was developed for strenghtening horses hoofs and they then created a range for humans. SpaceNK used to sell it too. Infact it had a small horse on the box somewhere.

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hours Cream(which is more a wax), she used on her horses hoofs to strengthen and heal.

The thing is though, she uses the same stuff she puts on her horses hooves, so her nails are probably as strong as hooves. I am not joking. I shall have a think and see if I can come up with the stuff mentioned yonks ago. So much for advocating all the beauty creams and potions, when she goes to a tack shop for hers!

It was called Barielle 60 second manicure.:wait:

That's right - Barielle. The foot cream was originally developed for use on horses. I bought it from Harvey Nicks years ago. Didn't do anything for my hooves though - not a patch on the L'Occcitane foot cream.

Latest posts

Back