QVC Facebook

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shopperholic

Registered Shopper
Been reading QVC fb page for a few days and woah! Wouldn't go on there the regulars are so nasty to new posters :sweat:

Although we have our moments here too, on the whole we are friendly and at least we have a sense of humour!

Don't do fB so I'm spared their nastiness.

Anyway welcome, join in and let us know your likes and dislikes.

Hello! I don't post very often but can certainly vouch for how nice everyone is here, I've always been made to feel very welcome. :)

No, I don't do Facebook either, I often wonder how people vented their vitriol and nastiness before the advent of social media, I have seen a coupe of Pippa's wedding photos tonight on their page though they are lovely

Been reading QVC fb page for a few days and woah! Wouldn't go on there the regulars are so nasty to new posters :sweat:

Welcome to the forum, shopperholic! I don't do FB but sometimes I am amazed by the posts I read on other boards. This one is very amicable in comparison!

On the BBC board recently a poor first time poster was completely shot down by someone else and then said how upset she was and would never post again! A bunch of us then had to coax her back(successfully, hurrah!) but you have to remember the names of some of the "awkward squad" and then just ignore them!!!!

PS I don't mean there is an awkward squad on this board, I meant on the BBC board!!!

Last edited:
:mysmilie_357: shopperholic , Always great to have new members here :)

Can't say I have witnessed any nastiness on the Q Facebook. Quite the opposite in fact.

Hi Shopperholic. There are often spats on the Q FB page but the threads and posts are usually removed quite quickly.

Q`s facebook page has been very quiet since Debbie Flint opened her QVC Queens group. I think on any social media site or forum you need to keep things in perspective. On Q`s facebook page there tends to be a small group who worship the presenters and they jump on anybody who says anything they disagree with and accuse them of being nasty. There`s a big difference between a negative comment and a nasty comment IMO.
The page has turned into one big presenter backside kissing exercise and one big Q sales advert but its their page so they can do as they please but they`ve lost a hell of a lot of posters. The CS staff sometimes go over the top when they police comments but there`s always someone who will turn a straight forward comment into an argument and it`s usually one of the sycophantic backside kissers who do it. I read the page but rarely comment, there`s little point.

Haven't found such a problem with QVC fb page but, generically, fb can be used as a vehicle for bullying and, consequently, it is understandable why those who can be vulnerable, are adversely affected by nasty comments, mostly unwarranted. I would suggest to anyone, if you receive an insulting remark, block that person immediately, don't wait for the situation to escalate and deteriorate.

They brought in new rules for QVC FB page I know, so quicker to get rid of what they class as offensive stuff. Usually comments about the presenters.

The big one at the moment which has many up in arms is the Nails Inc auto delivery TSV, wrong colours in it.

Q`s facebook page has been very quiet since Debbie Flint opened her QVC Queens group. I think on any social media site or forum you need to keep things in perspective. On Q`s facebook page there tends to be a small group who worship the presenters and they jump on anybody who says anything they disagree with and accuse them of being nasty. There`s a big difference between a negative comment and a nasty comment IMO.

Yes, it only takes a hint of criticism for the "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" gang to turn out in force.

They brought in new rules for QVC FB page I know, so quicker to get rid of what they class as offensive stuff. Usually comments about the presenters.

The big one at the moment which has many up in arms is the Nails Inc auto delivery TSV, wrong colours in it.

I hardly ever look at anything on Facebook. Can't stand it and nor do I get its appeal - to be honest, I can never really find my way round it either. I was interested to read what is being said about the Nails Inc AD though - just had a look and can't see anything at all about Nails Inc. Why are people up in arms? Received my delivery and noticed they've substituted a glitter for a metallic but the rest are what they advertised in Jan aren't they? Are people really upset about that?

I hardly ever look at anything on Facebook. Can't stand it and nor do I get its appeal - to be honest, I can never really find my way round it either. I was interested to read what is being said about the Nails Inc AD though - just had a look and can't see anything at all about Nails Inc. Why are people up in arms? Received my delivery and noticed they've substituted a glitter for a metallic but the rest are what they advertised in Jan aren't they? Are people really upset about that?

Its hard to read the damn thing now, you actually have to click on the post to read the replies.

But yes its the replacing of some colours, some only did the auto deliver for the purple one it seems and got a boring gold(their words), and yes last week loads of posts and moaning. Seems the same sort of thing happened with the auto delivery last year(no idea never ordered), but either it was cancelled or colours changed. Someone even had a print screen of the colours that were promised on the day of the TSV to show the difference.

Ah, thanks Donna. I had a nose about on FB and found a few comments about the Nails Inc Auto Delivery under "Posts to page". I see what you mean! And yes, now I've looked into it, it was definitely a purple glitter that was promised. Also, the turquoise-y colour we got looks darker but that doesn't bother me at all as we had Sheraton Street, a pale duck-egg colour, in the original TSV. I am amazed people would go for the Auto Delivery at nearly £30 inc P&P just to get a single polish but we are all different. Now don't get me wrong, I am fanatical when it comes to nail polish, and I also believe that we should get what we are led to believe we are paying for, but some of those people posting on Facebook sound a bit demented! My friend and I had tears of laughter reading the comments: words like "catastrophe" and "disgusting", all because a mistake has been made with a couple of nail polish colours. Really? Is that all people have to worry about?? Has anyone been in touch with the White House?

Thanks for posting about it. Made my day!

Well about two weeks ago, one girl posted her birthday was ruined because the last TSV had not arrived in time.

Yes really, her birthday was ruined!!!! Some posted to get a grip it was only nail polish, but others trying to talk her down from the ledge!!!:mysmilie_15:

Ah, thanks Donna. I had a nose about on FB and found a few comments about the Nails Inc Auto Delivery under "Posts to page". I see what you mean! And yes, now I've looked into it, it was definitely a purple glitter that was promised. Also, the turquoise-y colour we got looks darker but that doesn't bother me at all as we had Sheraton Street, a pale duck-egg colour, in the original TSV. I am amazed people would go for the Auto Delivery at nearly £30 inc P&P just to get a single polish but we are all different. Now don't get me wrong, I am fanatical when it comes to nail polish, and I also believe that we should get what we are led to believe we are paying for, but some of those people posting on Facebook sound a bit demented! My friend and I had tears of laughter reading the comments: words like "catastrophe" and "disgusting", all because a mistake has been made with a couple of nail polish colours. Really? Is that all people have to worry about?? Has anyone been in touch with the White House?

Thanks for posting about it. Made my day!

You do realise this post has been mentioned on QVC's FB page and you are getting stick for suggesting they might be overreacting!

Anyone follow QVC on Twitter?

They were 'hacked' about 2 hours ago and a tweet went out that they apologised for 15 minutes later. But what made me laugh more than the tweet itself was it was still there when I was checking my Twitter feed an hour after the 'hacked' tweet was put out there. I've just checked again though & they have now removed it.

They had to send personal apologies to two people too.

Latest posts

Back