QVC event at Liverpool street today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

W

White Russian

Guest Shopper
I went along to this to have the promised makeover and get my goodie bag. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. The 'makeover' lasted about 30 seconds while she put some bronzer on me even though there was no queue and the goodie bag was a sample sachet of pro collagen marine cream, a sample sachet of laura geller's lip exfoloiator and a voucher for £10 anything tomorrow but it could only be used by new customers. where is the reward to long standing customers?

So glad I didn't hop on the train to Liverpool for the same experience, somehow I had a feeling it would be like this. But if it had been worth a visit what about all the customers who couldn't have realistically have considered going anyway? Hope it didn't spoil your day White Russian.

I took my daughter to the Clothes show live a couple of weeks ago, and they were selling 'goody bags' for £10. By the end of the day, the same bags were being offered at 3 for £3, and we were told there was nails inc nail polish,money off vouchers and other stuff in there. They were RUBBISH. All they had in there were some samples of granola bars. some sample packets of tampons and sanitary pads and
a kit kat senses bar. The money off vouchers were rubbish too. I realy felt for the people who paid £10 for them-they did get a lanyard as well that was supposed to give 5-10% off at the stalls, but we saw very few stalls actually accepting the money off lanyard. Had a great time, though!

White Russian, if I was you I would get to use that voucher by hook or by crook! Could you set up a new account and give maybe a work address for delivery, or would someone in your family allow you to use their address so you could make a one off purchase? I would be really annoyed if I was you-take the time to write and complain as I have found you don't get if you don't ask!

Sadly there never does seem to be any reward for long standing customers these days, I have been shopping with QVC since they started and I':sad:ve never as much had a christmas card.

White Russian, if I was you I would get to use that voucher by hook or by crook! Could you set up a new account and give maybe a work address for delivery, or would someone in your family allow you to use their address so you could make a one off purchase? I would be really annoyed if I was you-take the time to write and complain as I have found you don't get if you don't ask!

Concordia might be looking to open a "new" account under an assumed name after hers was closed (Sorry to make a joke at your expense Concordia...it would be poetic justice if these vouchers fell into the hands of subversive ex-shoppers)

Jude xx

I must admit I did feel QVC had over-sold the whole thing!

BTW if anyone wants to set up a second account for a family member or whatever all you need to do to get the £10 discount is call the usual number and quote JULYBEAUTY2010. Hope someone can benefit from it!

Concordia might be looking to open a "new" account under an assumed name after hers was closed (Sorry to make a joke at your expense Concordia...it would be poetic justice if these vouchers fell into the hands of subversive ex-shoppers)

Jude xx

Nope, the monkey is off my back and I am free!!! :mysmilie_8:

Sounds a poor effort towards customer appreciation by QVC - not that I'm surprised.

They closed your account? :O I must've missed that.

Yep, my returns rate caught up with me and they shut me down. :giggle: Haven't even been tempted to start again, so much now is available elsewhere. They aren't the best deal around anymore.

Hi,

I asked my hubby to pick up a goodie bag for me, as he passes thru Liverpool Street every day.

He went to get one and they told him it was for "women only", even after he had explained it was for his wife, they wouldnt let him have one!

So he pointed out that it was illegal to discriminate and they gave in and handed one over :tongue:

And after all the fuss there wasnt anything worth having!

When he came home at tea-time they were still doing make-overs - they may have had goody bags left too, he couldnt tell.

Cheers,
Karen

Latest posts

Back