Qvc diamonds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I did see 22 ct being sold in second hand though they don't use it with diamonds due to it being too soft .

I haven't looked if I'm honest. Ah interesting. I've got a 22ct antique two stone diamond ring but actually the diamonds are set into platinum. I've never thought about it before but that may be why the platinum was used.

I don't think 18ct is too soft for everyday wear.

Mr Tiddly has worn his 18ct wedding ring for more than two decades and that has made it through his deployments to three war zones and the operational heavy duty stuff that service life entails. My wedding and engagement rings are 18ct yellow gold and the settings have lasted with daily wear. I chose a rub-over setting for my diamonds to make it more durable.

Interesting! Thank you. The alternative, of course, is for my son NOT to wear it but what's the point in that. He does wear other rings in silver that he takes on and off but he never takes the gold ring off largely because he doesn't want to lose it. Think its 1930s, so not 1800s so hopefully it'll last him a while.

I don't know a huge amount about antique jewellery but I do love the pieces I have.

I've only seen it in antique pieces, to be honest. I have a ring in 22ct that was a great-grandma's, but I don't wear it as I'm worried about the softness of the gold - it looks like it has had hardly any wear, probably because she only wore it on high days and holidays. QUOTE=Tinkerbelle;831563]Do jewellers still sell 22ct?! Just wondering. I've a few 22ct pieces but they're all antique (inherited). I've also got antique pieces that are 15ct. Apparently that was quite common in the 1800s.

My son wears an antique 22ct band ring every day. I've never really thought about how well it would wear but probably not that well in the long term.
[/QUOTE]

My wedding ring is nearly an ounce of 22CT gold and I have only ever worn it when going out. To be honest never wear any jewellery at home

My engagement and wedding ring, both set with diamonds are in 18ct and worn everyday without fail, luckily I don't put my hands through rough work and hubby does most of the housework :mysmilie_17:
Having said that, I did knacker an 18 k diamond ring rather badly a few weeks ago.

I personally love the weight of 18ctbut if I saw something in 9ct and I liked the stone and setting the 9ct wouldn't put me off

Let us know what you decide to do, hope you fall in love with it when you put it on

Hope I receive it :-( Items that I have ordered from elsewhere after this are already tracking and will be delivered tomorrow but DX is still not tracking .hope they have not lost it .If they do then will think it was not worth it and ask for refund .

Let us know what you decide to do, hope you fall in love with it when you put it on

Received my ring and it's beautiful .Def fell in love with it and am keeping .It looks so much more expensive than the price and I compared to my other ring from elsewhere and it's worth it .Glad I made the choice .

Ooo I've just looked. Really pretty and I'm so pleased you're happy. That's what matters really. You enjoy!!

Ooo I've just looked. Really pretty and I'm so pleased you're happy. That's what matters really. You enjoy!!

Got to agree with Tinkerbelle - whatever rings your bell. The world would be a very boring place if we all liked the same things. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back