QVC "Christams Gifts?" You certainly wouldn't want to receive.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Posy

Registered Shopper
I was flicking channels last night and saw the Shavata woman on with Julia Roberts withering on about a pair of tweezers as a perfect christmas gift. Ok, they look quite cute as they were painted as a dress, but if someone gave them to me , I'd wonder at their motive. a re they trying to tell me I have Neanderthal eyebrows. I suppose it's the same with face cream. Anyone want a wrinkle cream for Christmas?

Anything that implies a need for improvement to someone's appearances a total no-no gift wise.

I pay £20 for my tweezers from the Tweezerman range in Boots so a Shavata pair would be welcome. PCMC equally appreciated. The trick is to give these type of gfts to those peeps you know use tem, not a bushy browed soap and water gal!

I think it depends who is giving the gift. Any mousturiser i use would be a very welcome gift from a friend. If an acquaintance bought me any anti wrinkle product, i wouldn't be so happy. On the other hand if it saves me having to buy it , its not all bad.

I had to laugh when Shavata said to Julia, you need to come and get your brows done. Julia laughed through gritted teeth and thanked her for pointing it out.

???????

Nooooo!?! Now, I feel bad. A set of make-up bags and a pot of RoseCream (which I :heart:) are what I had planned for each of my LadyFriends' presents! They're ready to wrap! Should I not give them? Aaagh! Nothing from Q, by-the-way. tia AnguishedSnarly (NotAPrettySight)

Snarly I`d love your Christmas gift, the cream on its own might upset people (not me though) but placed into a lovely bag makes it a kind of accessory so a nice gift.

Nooooo!?! Now, I feel bad. A set of make-up bags and a pot of RoseCream (which I :heart:) are what I had planned for each of my LadyFriends' presents! They're ready to wrap! Should I not give them? Aaagh! Nothing from Q, by-the-way. tia AnguishedSnarly (NotAPrettySight)

No way Snarly, I would love that as a gift, Im sure your gal pals will be well pleased x

???????

Thanks Vienna :heart: and Latchi :heart:. The FaceCream is MadeInWales and my friends are Welsh-born & -speaking, so I thought it appropriate. x SnarlyFeelsBetter

I had to laugh when Shavata said to Julia, you need to come and get your brows done. Julia laughed through gritted teeth and thanked her for pointing it out.

She did tell the cameraman on a prev show, poss Dec, not to come in too close as she was showing lack of eye creases due to wonder cream, and you could see her brows needed plucking which is what she was embarrassed about. So many days later then and still not plucked, what is that all about?

She did tell the cameraman on a prev show, poss Dec, not to come in too close as she was showing lack of eye creases due to wonder cream, and you could see her brows needed plucking which is what she was embarrassed about. So many days later then and still not plucked, what is that all about?

I wonder if some people reach an age or place in their life where they can no longer be bothered to try and hold the tide at bay? Maybe she's totally fed up and is going to let it all hang out from now on a la toe posts, leggings, bushy hair/eyebrows and no more diets!

I'm 54 and will never stop plucking. The day I give up personal grooming is not on the cards, unless I get wizened, gnarled hands.

She is still waiting for her 7x magnifying mirror compact with tweezers TSV to be delivered, then she will pluck them.

I'm 51 LIAM and totally obsessed with my appearance (sadly) and I can't see myself ever giving up plucking, shaving, waxing, watching my diet etc etc but maybe it just happens. Maybe one day we'll wake up and think sod it! I'm hoovering a bucket of ice cream and a family pack of mars bars and I'm going to sit in my dressing gown and munch all day admiring my leg hair and waxing my moustache.:sad:

I'm 51 LIAM and totally obsessed with my appearance (sadly) and I can't see myself ever giving up plucking, shaving, waxing, watching my diet etc etc but maybe it just happens. Maybe one day we'll wake up and think sod it! I'm hoovering a bucket of ice cream and a family pack of mars bars and I'm going to sit in my dressing gown and munch all day admiring my leg hair and waxing my moustache.:sad:

A sight to behold petpixe! Excuse me if I don't join you :happy:

Thanks Catherine. I thought they would, but had SecondDoubts reading this thread. :taphead: Well, they're getting them. I love make-up bags but don't need 8 of them. x Snarly

Latest posts

Back