QVC and the Poor Woman who lost her partner

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's very poor that letters continued to be addressed directly to the husband, at the very least should have been addressed to whoever was managing the estate. And sending the Christmas card is not acceptable. Companies have to make sure that these issues are taken out of the automated system and handled by a human. It's a pity we don't know the timescale of all this though as I'm little puzzled why there is no actual mention of the estate attempting to settle the debt? If it had got to the stage of debt collectors that suggests a certain lapse in time.

I remember reading that companies that give credit receive thousands of false death notices from people trying to get out of paying their debts, so I would think that causes them to have to treat all such claims with scepticism until they're proved to be true. There should be a better way of dealing with it though. When my father died, my mother wrote to the then "Access" (now Mastercard) advising them of his death and asking for a final balance on his card that she could settle. She received a letter back giving their sympathies and telling her that they'd written off the balance and she didn't need to pay anything. Wonder if they'd still do that nowadays?

Latest posts

Back